Any girls with fat thighs have success stories?

Options

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 170s now and my thighs are huge. When I was at my smallest at 135 they were still huge just more toned but they kind of looked right for my body shape then.... But currently I'm not to fond of my thighs right now
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

I agree! I still have a ways to go, but I have been doing the 200 squats program [http://www.twohundredsquats.com/] and my thighs are down over inches! (and I have had big thighs since I don't know maybe age 6?)

Definitely start doing them, they help a lot! And squats actually help protect your knees by developing the muscles around them making exercise easier. Oh and it helps with balance.

Thanks for posting this link, I'm definitely gonna give this a shot!

I am down over 2 inches in the thigh now: 27 > 24.75. (30 pounds)
  • GeekMom17
    GeekMom17 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm down over 90 pounds (from 230) and I still have big thighs. It's mainly the inner thigh close to the top I hate it. I'm down to 140 pounds and my thighs are barely budging. I think they are going to be the last thing to go.

Squats and step ups (in a chair) are what I have been doing. My outer thighs look great now just for it to hit my inner thighs.

Have you thought about running?
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! I also am having trouble losing inches in my thighs. I'm definitely going to try the suggestions from this topic!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes...BUMP...I want leaner thighs and I am one to don't want them to touch and believe I can get them.....
  • sister83
    sister83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm such a pear I swear. I only have about 10lbs to lose and I think most of the weight comes from my thighs and butt.
    Insanity involves lots of squats and whatsoever and my quads are more or less pretty toned but my inner thigh just looks like a stubborn fat blob :( and I'm starting to shrink in boob size, not that there's any to start with.
    I'm afraid i'll be a AA cup before my thighs even start to lose fat oh gosh.
  • Luella70
    Luella70 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred nd I must tell you, am seeing a difference in my thighs :) it is gradual though....but it is working and am loving it!

I also have her Killer Buns & Thighs and I plan to start that after the 30D Shred :wink:
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

I'm working on toning my thighs to. I'm currently doing more squats and lunges. Squats has helped me in the past.....
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mother Nature really played a cruel trick with us, pear shaped, but we are well prepared for child-bearing during starvation... ;)
    [/quote]

I have been pear shaped all my life-was a sz. 6 on top and a 14 on botton all through high school. Now after many years I am just fat all over. I am hopeful I won't be as freakishly different on top and bottom when I am done with this. I am going to try that two hundred squat program. I hope it will help.
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

I agree! I still have a ways to go, but I have been doing the 200 squats program [http://www.twohundredsquats.com/] and my thighs are down over inches! (and I have had big thighs since I don't know maybe age 6?)

Definitely start doing them, they help a lot! And squats actually help protect your knees by developing the muscles around them making exercise easier. Oh and it helps with balance.

Omg this is great im defiantly gonna do this im gonna download the app on my phone thx!
  • cr9576
    Options
    I'm such a pear I swear. I only have about 10lbs to lose and I think most of the weight comes from my thighs and butt.
    Insanity involves lots of squats and whatsoever and my quads are more or less pretty toned but my inner thigh just looks like a stubborn fat blob :( and I'm starting to shrink in boob size, not that there's any to start with.
    I'm afraid i'll be a AA cup before my thighs even start to lose fat oh gosh.

Omg im affraid of the same thing geez im bearly a b cup, i wouldnt want to get smaller than wat i already am
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well I lost 5.5 inches off of my hips doing Jillians Ripped in 30 video. I was super surprised! I did that at least 6 days a week and then cardio for 45 minutes on the treadmill along with watching my food. If you stick with it and do it most days of the week and incorporate something alittle extra to get you over the 60 minutes of exercise mark I think you will be pleased. Good luck!
  • cr9576
    Options
    I was 165 lbs, size 11 and had jiggly thighs covered in cellulite that rubbed together as I walked.. They were 27 inches I believe.
    Now, I'm 133, size 3 and my thighs don't rub together.. They are now 19.5 inches(and hopefully still shrinking!!!). The cellulite went away as I did cardio. I did the elliptical A LOT when I started working out, and I think I owe a big part of the disappearing cellulite to that! Patience and determination!! I didn't think it was possible. I also noticed, that when I'm not obssessing over a certain body part, that's the part that improves the most. (reverse psychology of fate?)

Like other people have said, just be patient. Things will happen if you work for them!

Glad you did it! it gives me some motivation! I am curently 165 and size 11
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't have one for ya, but sure like reading them!
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Walking ( 3 miles a day), and loads of squats and lunges every day plus a bit of stationary cycling have worked quite well for me. I have been doing tonnes of strength training and cardio on top of the eating well and although I'm not at my goal weight, my body has really changed shape so much and I'm just ignoring the scale for now. :-)

ps. Drink loads of water to help with the cellulite.
  • cr9576
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions girls! Ima try my best to squat and do cardio like there's no tomorrow! I promise to upload before n after pics of my thighs :D

4176827.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    On a good day I think I have "powerful" thighs and legs... on bad days, big and fat. Really, all you can do is just lose fat period. If you're pear, you're going to just look heavier on bottom than some. Embrace the legs. Only so much you can change. Squats and deadlifts do make them look "stronger" than "fatter" though.
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my 4th week of INSANITY and I have lost at least an inch of my thighs.:)
  • cr9576
    Options
    On a good day I think I have "powerful" thighs and legs... on bad days, big and fat. Really, all you can do is just lose fat period. If you're pear, you're going to just look heavier on bottom than some. Embrace the legs. Only so much you can change. Squats and deadlifts do make them look "stronger" than "fatter" though.

Yes I like having big thighs its what makes me look curvy but whats the point of having thick thighs if there all fat and i feel like i cant wears shorts, skirts not to even mention a swimsuit !:noway:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Yes I like having big thighs its what makes me look curvy but whats the point of having thick thighs if there all fat and i feel like i cant wears shorts, skirts not to even mention a swimsuit !:noway:

Ummm, lose the fat. Fat is fat. Muscular thighs are not fat.