Any girls with fat thighs have success stories?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My thighs are still fat, but they are less fat than they used to be. Hopefully as I lose a little more body fat, they'll improve even more. Plus just having the muscle underneath the fat makes them look better and having the muscle in my upper body balances them out.
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    right come one two hundred squat programme!
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey, im similar to you, pear shape, and wear my weight well... I would describe my legs as heavy up top with chunky calves, but I have had many compliments on my shapely legs and always wear a dress on only nights out!
    I did get told once I need thick thighs too support my big butt lol, skinny thighs wouldn't do! Learn to love them :)
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    Hey, im similar to you, pear shape, and wear my weight well... I would describe my legs as heavy up top with chunky calves, but I have had many compliments on my shapely legs and always wear a dress on only nights out!
    I did get told once I need thick thighs too support my big butt lol, skinny thighs wouldn't do! Learn to love them :)

This is soooo true! good post. I would rather be pear shaped than anything else. If you are worried about swimming costumes etc, get a cute swim skirt to go over the top and a really bright colour flash over your bust and you will pull off the beach look and look fantastic into the bargain!

We are the healthiest shape to have you know. And a curvy bum is much admired by the opposite sex. So shake it with pride!
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I do squats and lunges in the pool. Does that help?
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i wana loose my fat thighs x
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    wherever you carry most of your weight is the area it will go last.... sucks i know but thats the way it tends to work. Just keep working on losing fat and strengthening your muscles and your legs will eventually lean out!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I always hated my thighs even when I weighed 133-135 before. Now I went from 190 to 145 this year but with exercise and I have a completely different body. Mine have slimmed but I'm still working on the muscles in them. I am going for an athletic look though.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I have thighs 25" and the cellulite and the wiggle in the inner thigh is the worst.. I have done the 30 DS and I am currently doing Ripped in 30 on top of Couch to 5k. In the six weeks or so, I dropped from 26" to 25". So it is possible! But it is sloooow work. Wish I could get them cellulite free =) That's my ultimate goal!
  • threedayspecial
    threedayspecial Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 30" to 28" thighs in a little over a month with turbo fire and running. My thighs have always been my problem area (and my huge butt, but it doesn't seem to be a problem to anyone else haha). I'm hoping I continue to lose from my legs. It's not even noticeable at this point. Sigh.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

I agree! I still have a ways to go, but I have been doing the 200 squats program [http://www.twohundredsquats.com/] and my thighs are down over inches! (and I have had big thighs since I don't know maybe age 6?)

Definitely start doing them, they help a lot! And squats actually help protect your knees by developing the muscles around them making exercise easier. Oh and it helps with balance.

Thank you so much for this information. You have no idea how much I need a program like this.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!
    Thanks for the tip, i'm fairly small but i have pretty horrible cellulite. :(
  • saun5870
    saun5870 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am the same way and I always lose from my stomach and boobs first! The two places I don't mind the way they are lol but I am to the point where I would rather have toned awesome legs (not like body builder status) but like if you look at someone who is a gymnast or competes in bikini. They are not 'skinny model legs' they are toned and some are even big but tight large looks better than jiggly large! lol. So my goal now is to just concentrate on weights and lunges etc! I am taking pics and measurements tonight and I will post them- I am at 161 now! feel free to add me!!!
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Um, I found a guy who really digs girls with big thighs. Is that a success story?
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    same here
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Same here... 28inch thighs and a huge butt ...i"m always told I have a great body for my height... I don't feel it... I have never worn short shorts..except on my honeymoon as you can see in my profile pic... I was called a soccer mom embarrasing... I'm too young to ever be called that...I just wear bball shorts.. go to my knees or right above... I usually cover my fat thighs with a long fitted shirt... No matter how small I am from my upper body the lower never loses weight.. I want to so badly wear shorts and look good... ANd feel confident... Ladies give me all the suggestions you can....
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 inches off each thigh since last year (they got huge when I was pregnant with my daughter) but they're still fat! They look ok from the side, you can see they're muscular, but from the front you can see the fat on my inner thighs. Ugh.

I do a mixture of personal training, aerobics and spinning, and just keep generally active with lots of walking. I figure it'll go eventually. I'm 35 next week, so it'll take longer probably than it did when I was in my early 20s. I have a natural hourglass figure so I have big boobs, hips and thighs. Luckily, despite all the 42lbs lost, I still have my D cup (UKD = US C I think) boobs!
  • violetpayne
    Options
    I've always struggled with my chunky thighs, but the best BIGGEST difference I have ever seen in them was through a combination of swimming and PILATES... Pilates in particular is brilliant as it creates long lean muscle - I tend to bulk up and not see the best results if I just work out at the gym...
    It really is a wonderous form of thigh slimming exercise. Do this in combination with cardio for your weight loss and you'll be Happy as Larry!
    This is my plan of attack on my wobbly legs at the moment!
    Try it!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    This is the only pic I have showing my thighs - I was just trying on an old dress. I wouldn't wear it in public now unless I had very thick tights on!

100_7371.jpg
  • katnc81
    katnc81 Posts: 2
    Options
    You know, I have always had a long torso with short legs (for my height) so my thighs have always been thick, and over the past year or two- very dimply.
    For the past few weeks, I have used ankle weights, (4lbs) each and done leg lifts. I bought these at Play it Again Sports, so they were cheap (in the box)- adjustable to 10 lbs, and can be used on your wrists too)
    You can find various types of leg lifts online, including those for the butt, side, inner thigh and front. While I have not lost any weight, I see a DRAMATIC difference in the shape and cellulite and I am SO happy!
    Sadly, I am lazy- so I just keep them near me, and I have managed to easily find time while watching Hulu :)