How long do you wait before you log a loss???!!!

Options
Hello all.

I wondered how long you all wait until you log a weight loss? Last month I logged a loss after a couple of days then yoyoed crazily for a couple of weeks. Now I have lost a further couple of pounds but might wait a few days before I log it incase I go up and down again!! What works for you? Do you grab the moment and log as soon as you notice a loss, or do you wait to see if it stays down for a few days and then log?

Just interested! Have a nice day everyone!

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Lol! I 'grab the moment' on the way down and 'let's wait a while and see' when it goes the other way!!

My reasoning is that my losses are usually +/-1/2lb so seem feasible, whereas sometimes I can be 'up' over a lb, which I know is not feasible (in one day, anyway!).
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!

THIS!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I log straight away/on the same day if it's a loss. If it's a gain I will wait a day or two because it could be a fluctuation. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Lol! I 'grab the moment' on the way down and 'let's wait a while and see' when it goes the other way!!

My reasoning is that my losses are usually +/-1/2lb so seem feasible, whereas sometimes I can be 'up' over a lb, which I know is not feasible (in one day, anyway!).

Exactly.
    I went up 3 lbs in 2 days last week. I *know* I didn't eat over 10000 excess calories. So I reweighed 2 days later and it was gone :P
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and whatever it is, it is, so I log it.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If it's an expected loss I log it on weigh in day whatever. If it's a gain I don't log it because that's just depressing - I'll wait until I get another loss:) (although I do keep a spreadsheet of every week's weight for info).

If it's an unexpected loss (like last night I apparently lost 1/2 stone overnight!!!) I'll give it a few days and do another weigh in half way through the week. That'll be tomorrow for me so here's hoping the half stone stays off:)
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning out of pure curiosity ... I lost 1.5lb by going to the loo and another 1lb by sleeping from last night to this morning!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I log it on my weight in day regardless of whether it's a loss or gain. First number on the scale.

Weight loss is not linear and you won't always go down. If it's a loss I log, if it's a gain I log. Looking back I don't want to think I lost every week when I know I didn't.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    As long as it takes me to skip merrily from the scale to my phone.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options

I used to log losses instantly but I am now going to a weekly weigh in, on Wednesdays like someone else suggested in another thread. Far enough from the weekend to make sure any salt weight is gone but will be sure to keep me on track during the week. So today I weighed myself but I'm not putting any weight into MFP until tomorrow. And whatever it says, I will log. :embarassed:
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am about to start again and am going to set a day once a week to weigh and log that weight whatever it shows - it should give a better more accurate reading of how your progress goes - always weigh at the same time of day (usually first thing in the morning before I have eaten anything)
  • twogirlsmama
    twogirlsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Monday in the evening. After I see the loss I smile all cheesy, run and tell my hubby, and then log it on MFP. You worked for it, CLAIM IT!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Generally I wait a few days to make "sure" There are weeks when I will lose up to 2-3 lbs a week, then nothing. Now I'm just shedding those pesky tenths of a pound. Yesterday I was 227.8 today it's 227.4. Stuff like that I generally don't log. Although just seeing it go down from 228.4 down to 227.8 was pretty exciting, despite the fact it wasn't an actual pound, so I did log that.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Same here. Every Tuesday morning I weigh and no matter what the number is I log it that same day. Its also the only day I weigh. I would go nuts if I weighed myself every day!
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning. I log my weight only once per week, even if I cheat and step on the scale earlier in the week. It keeps me accountable and I try to only weigh in once a week so that I don't get discouraged when my weight fluctuates.
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, on Tuesday mornings, and log that # no matter what it is. I weigh myself everyday, but just to keep on track.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Monday in the evening. After I see the loss I smile all cheesy, run and tell my hubby, and then log it on MFP. You worked for it, CLAIM IT!

You weight at night, after eating all day?? Oh, the horror!!!!!!!! ;-) Hahahahaaa...
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I log it right away. I only weigh once a week so generally it's not a fluke.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Once per week gain or loss.