How long do you wait before you log a loss???!!!

Options

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss! :happy:

BUT I don't log it if it's a dehydration loss. After a run I can be 4# down (I am trying to learn to drink more water during the run) and this also happens after a night of boozing it up.

But otherwise, log away! ASAP! STAT!

I need those badges!
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and I will always log right after I weight. I like to see the weigh loss meter go down. It makes me happy :)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    well, i only weigh myself once a week, so i log what that weight is no matter what as soon as i get off the scale :)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself one a month - sometimes less! I log my weight the day I weigh-in. Why wait? :smile:

I'm doing this same thing. I get on the scale more then once a month, but I am only going to log my weight and measurements once a month. I just think it's too much pressure otherwise and I don't want to be a slave to the scale.
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i say log on the same day every week, at the same time. if you're in a pretty consistent routine, this should be the most accurate. i would also encourage you to measure on those days as well! they are MUCH more telling than the scale.
    good luck!
  • bassanne
    bassanne Posts: 56
    Options
    I log it on weigh in day, no matter what it is. I do weigh myself thru out the week, but don't log those.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!

^^^^^
    This!
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I log in every Tuesday morning whether it is a gain or a loss. I find that by logging my gains it keeps me accountable for that week and by weighing in at the same time, same day, every week my fluctuations are normally minimal.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Lol! I 'grab the moment' on the way down and 'let's wait a while and see' when it goes the other way!!

My reasoning is that my losses are usually +/-1/2lb so seem feasible, whereas sometimes I can be 'up' over a lb, which I know is not feasible (in one day, anyway!).

^^ This
  • swnixon
    swnixon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure my waist and percent body fat (using a hand-held biolelectric impedence device) first thing in the morning every Wed, Thur, and Fri, and then take an average that I log in MFP.
  • 0lightasair
    0lightasair Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wait for two identical reading on consecutive days before logging. I only log changes.
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would pick a day and time (important) once a week and log whatever it says, good or bad. It is important you log at the same time of day every time, preferably first thing in the morning before breakfast. I would also take measurements of everything you can be bothered to at the same time (I do neck, both upper and lower arms, waist, hips, both thighs and calves)
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Whatever the number is Saturday morning, that's the number for the week. Doesn't matter what the scale says during the week. :smile:
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I log it all right away! gain or loss!
  • Trill_Shantel
    Options
    My weigh in day is Friday. I log any loss over 1 pound. If my weight fluctuates after that, I don't log it on MFP again until there's a loss.

This^^^ but, I weigh in on Tuesdays :)
  • BBBBennyandtheJets
    Options
    I only ever weigh myself once a week. I go to the doctors once a month for a weigh in with him aswell.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I haven't consistently done anything yet, but I think my plan moving forward is to just step on the scale every morning and then actually log either once per week or once every other week (haven't decided yet). The stepping on every day thing though is so if I lose a few pounds I have faith in the number because I've seen it go down. I stepped on the scale the other day and it seemed totally off, so I waited a few days just to be sure. :-) Now, I'm just stepping on daily as a matter of course.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I wait for two identical reading on consecutive days before logging. I only log changes.

I do this as well. If the scale tells me I'm X lbs three days in a row then that's what I log.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I used to log losses instantly but I am now going to a weekly weigh in, on Wednesdays like someone else suggested in another thread. Far enough from the weekend to make sure any salt weight is gone but will be sure to keep me on track during the week. So today I weighed myself but I'm not putting any weight into MFP until tomorrow. And whatever it says, I will log. :embarassed:

This is me! I have "Weigh In Wednesdays" and log what the scale says. I take best of 3 though... just in case... lol!! I like doing it Wednesdays because my weekends are where I have my spike days and more intense workouts. Mondays and Tuesdays are usually more moderate,so I feel it evens out. Some weeks I go up a little, but over the past couple months, I've noticed that my "heavier" weigh-ins are progressively going down. It's an overall downward (slowly downward) pattern and it's nice to see.

Honestly though, do what makes you happiest and try not to drive yourself crazy with the numbers. This is a long-haul quest (like Frodo's trip to Mordor :wink: ) and consistency is what will take us to our goal. Best wishes!! :flowerforyou:
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I put my daily weight on a calendar at my desk and log it in MFP is I've maintained the loss for 3 days. I bounce around a lot so I want to make sure it's real before I log it.