How long do you wait before you log a loss???!!!

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself one a month - sometimes less! I log my weight the day I weigh-in. Why wait? :smile:
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Friday. I log any loss over 1 pound. If my weight fluctuates after that, I don't log it on MFP again until there's a loss.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit paranoid so I check the following day, and the next, then log. Although that being said when I do have a loss, even though it's little I actually feel a lot lighter.
  • bwehr316
    bwehr316 Posts: 14
    Options
    i normally log my loss right away... and i usually only log my losses just for the fact that i can go on my phone and look at my lowest weight and keep striving to make that number lower haha! However i do write my daily weight down on a pocket calendar so i do know my weight every morning but i love to just have my lowest logged in MFP so i know what i want to work to get lower!!
  • mattliss06
    Options
    whether its a gain or a loss I add it ... and i dont weight myself everyday. i do like every 3 days or so. for the most part if you just stay below your daily caloroie intake then you're gonna lose weight... as long as you are taking in at least 1200 calories.
  • kiranicsmom
    kiranicsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log my weekly weight. I weigh in on Tuesdays. Today I had a 0.4lb increase and I logged it too. It helps keep me accountable doing just once per week.
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!

I do this tooooooo ... much to the chagrin of anyone that happens to be home at the time. :wink:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss! :happy:

BUT I don't log it if it's a dehydration loss. After a run I can be 4# down (I am trying to learn to drink more water during the run) and this also happens after a night of boozing it up.

But otherwise, log away! ASAP! STAT!

il570xn172383306.jpg
  • chellitaforday
    chellitaforday Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL I thought I was the only one who did that. I weigh before and after the "loo" :wink: before and after a shower (by the way I think you gain after a shower, maybe the water is sucked in by our pores) but honestly on a regular I weigh in the morning and at night to get an idea of how things effect my weight. but I typically only log once a week
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    As long as its a loss i log it lol
  • MrsT9217
    MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I do! Take it for what it is! :flowerforyou:
    I weigh once a week, and whatever it is, it is, so I log it.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I log all losses straight away... but don't log gains :) It gives me something to try and beat then!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    once a week on a friday morning I get on the scales and weigh myself that's my check-in day. I log every week gain or loss
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I log weekly, regardless of whether it's up or down.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I wondered how long you all wait until you log a weight loss? Last month I logged a loss after a couple of days then yoyoed crazily for a couple of weeks. Now I have lost a further couple of pounds but might wait a few days before I log it incase I go up and down again!! What works for you? Do you grab the moment and log as soon as you notice a loss, or do you wait to see if it stays down for a few days and then log?

Just interested! Have a nice day everyone!

I weigh myself once per week on a Sunday morning and log regardless of the result.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do 'weigh-in Wednesdays!'

A week is long enough to see a true loss, as sometimes I'll lose 3, gain back 2...gain 4, lose 6...etc :wink:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I log if it is a loss b/c I was logging even if I gained & it seems like I keep fluctuating by 2lbs either way....I don't want everyone saying well done to me when it's the same 2lbs each time...It gets confusing...
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!

Me too!! (I think it helps me stay on track... Once it's logged, I consider it LOST and I don't want to let myself go in the other direction. It's a motivator for me. :)
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and whatever it is, it is, so I log it.

This is what I do too.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I log once a week, whether up or down with one exception: I NEVER log in PMS week....too depressing!!