What's the best concert you've seen?

Options
Sox90716
Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
Metallica in 2008 followed by Genesis in 1984.

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Tool, opened by Tricky 2002
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Heroes del Silencio, LA 2007.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Sufjan Stevens, Atmosphere, Little Brother, Muse, and Counting Crows were the best shows I've seen.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    PJ20: Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary concert/festival last summer in Alpine Valley, WI. Awesome show.
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    Guns n Roses 2011!!!! loooooveeedddd Sweet Child o'mine! =))
  • jdbaker01
    jdbaker01 Posts: 44
    Options
    Out of all the gigs I've been to, I gotta admit kid Rock was by far the best!!!!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    PJ20: Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary concert/festival last summer in Alpine Valley, WI. Awesome show.

I've tried several times now to see Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam shows and always seem to either have to work or miss out on tix. PJ is my favorite band. Lame. I did watch the PJ20 docu...incredible.

The only time I've ever seen Eddie Vedder live was when Death Cab For Cutie brought him out to jam during a performance of We Looked LIke Giants.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Oingo Boingo in 1988. The crowd was on it's feet in the Music Hall from the moment the band started playing until the final song.

I suspect that's about to be eclipsed as I'll be at Coachella next weekend. There's no way that even the completely awesome Danny Elfman can compare with three solid days of music and mayhem.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith with GnR opening, right at the time GnR was breaking big...during Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Axl got into a fight with a fan, the band played the song, Axl came back and the finished it like nothing happened.

Also, Aerosmith happened to play alot of Rocks stuff that night, so very rare

best concern Ive seen in last 10 years was Alter Bridge. Mind blowing.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    The Trews, Sweatshop Union, Wintersleep, Deftones, Necko Case, Reverand Horton Heat, The Arkells, Juliet Lewis, this list could go on forever
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Kenny Chesneys sun city tour with miranda Lambert, sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Lady A and of KENNY !! WHOO HOOO

Have to say SugarLand rocks the housein concert
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    tom petty and the heart breakers, i think it was 2002.. so great.. at then end of the show he walked off stage, smoked a j and came back completely baked and did another 4 songs.. best time i've ever had at a concert, ate many sandwiches....

good times :)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Neil Young or Paul McCartney. Probably a tie.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm embarrssed by this or not, but by far the most fun I've ever had at a gig was Insane Clown Posse in Manchester 2007!

BEST was Avenged Sevenfold... obviously. :smile:
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Charlie Daniels Vollunteer Jam 1979.

First concsert for Lynard Skynard to play Freebird with out Ronnie Vanzant

Plus nhothing but headline bands for eight solid hours!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    tom petty and the heart breakers, i think it was 2002.. so great.. at then end of the show he walked off stage, smoked a j and came back completely baked and did another 4 songs.. best time i've ever had at a concert, ate many sandwiches....

good times :)

I get to see Tom Petty in May. Very excited!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Their 2012 Beethoven's Last Night show was amazing.

JM
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    seeing U2 at Croke Park in Dublin for 2 shows in 2009.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers, I think it was 2004 or 2005... awesome live show
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    DISTURBED & KORN!!!! with Sevendust