What's the best concert you've seen?

Options

Replies

• spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Metallica & Rolling Stones ~ Metallica opened.

Tom Petty is amazing in concert too!
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Garth Brooks!! He was amazing.

^This

July 3, 1996. I was 8 years old but I remember it like it was yesterday. I still have the ticket stub. My first concert and probaby will be the best I'll ever see.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Top five, in order.

1) Marillion the Chance Poughkeepsie NY
    2) Blue Oyster Cult - The Chance
    3) lollapalooza 1 and 2 Albany NY
    4) Lollapalooza 3 Florida
    5) Nirvana Bayfront Park - Miami

Also one of the best bands I ever saw was Saigon Kick down here in Lauderdale. They were a local band from Miami, they performed at a smallish club the night their second album went gold, They stayed on till they got kicked out.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Korn 2002
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bruce......Garth ......and Kenny - all 3 Amazing!!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    They Might Be Giants!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd, Soldier Field, Chicago, July 1994. Rained during the laser show. Raindrops added to the atmosphere.
  • gingersnaps828
    Options
    So these are on total opposite ends of the spectrum and I'm not embarrassed to say the second one, but Aerosmith is one, and the other is NKOTB. (That is New Kids on the Block. Three times actually. Once when I was like 13 first concert ever, and two more times when they reunited a couple years ago as NKOTB which was a great awesome and very entertaining show! .....sidenote, I have not yet seen them as NKOTBSB when they reunited with Backstreet Boys and not sure if I want to or will.) So that's it... laugh it up... ha ha... I'm not embarrassed. I Love my NKOTB. :-)
  • lanterngirl
    Options
    Doesn't look like we have many Grateful Dead fans here-- I've only seen them mentioned once so far. Well, I loved them and went to 119 shows before Jerry died.

My absolute favorite would have to be 10/9/89 at the Hampton Coliseum. It was the kind of show that melted your face off, lol. People were crying and everything. It was AMAZING!

I also saw U2 at Radio City Music Hall in December of 1984. My dad had gotten me 6th row seats for my 16th birthday-- Bono was so close I thought I could reach out and touch him. At times it was a little overwhelming because there was such a crush of people trying to get to the front. Still, awesome venue for an awesome band!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It was more about the venue than the concert itself...

Dave-Matthews-Band-at-The-Gorge-Sound-Check-Music-Blog.jpg

Gorge amphitheater fyeah. I saw Soundgarden there last summer but really I'd be happy watching just about anyone there (Queens of the stone age was also there and awesome)

What an awesome shot!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Greenday
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Neil Young or Paul McCartney. Probably a tie.

Oh wow. Paul McCartney would be a dream for me. :)
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    White Zombie with Pantera.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot. Saw Alice in Chains in 2007 in a small club and Jerry gave me a guitar pick. That was pretty damn amazeballs.
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    eric clapton with stevie ray vaughn in philly right before stevie died.
  • jlenz74
    jlenz74 Posts: 30
    Options
    I would have to say Bon Jovi with Chris Daughtry opening. That was an awesome concert!
  • Amanda_4071
    Amanda_4071 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Duran Duran April 21st 2011 at the Epic in Minneapolis, Mn
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffett....anytime...
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The Beatles in 1964, in Paris and they opened for Trini Lopez!:bigsmile:

Oh wow. Reading The Beatles sent a shiver down my spine. They were before my time (born in 1980) but were my dads favorite and always mine. Lennon solo is my favorite artist ever.
    If only I could go back in time. :)
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    a tie Prince Purple Rain
    Kid Rock!