What's the best concert you've seen?

Options

Replies

• Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Duran Duran at the NEC 2011 ...had been cancelled due to Le Bon losing his voice so had to wait 6 months........I had waited since I was a teenager..............it was awesome, the greatest concert EVER!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Emilie Autumn's "Asylum: The Door" tour 2009. When your concert involves spitting whiskey on the audience, throwing cupcakes, bitten cookies, and having them throw their bras on stage, you know it's a good time. It's a rock concert meets a circus meets a Vaudeville show.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Dream Theater with Queensryche, hands-down.

I wish I'd kept a good list of all the bands I've seen. From what I can remember, in no particular order:
    Metallica with Sevendust and Kid Rock
    Collective Soul
    Eddie Money
    In Flames with Mudvayne
    Type O Negative
    David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar
    Nightwish (at ProgPower with Rage, Symphony X, Evergrey, Circle II Circle, Vanden Plas, Secret Sphere, Mercenary, Pagan's Mind, and Redemption)
    Lacuna Coil
    probably a few others I've forgotten
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    1) Broken Social Scene at Loufest in 2010, about 10 rows back
    2) Steve Miller Band, front row
    3) Foreigner, only because Jason Bonham was playing with them and they did an LZ tribute and I got to meet him backstage
    4) Kings of Leon in 2010
    5) The National
    6) Tokyo Police Club at the Blue Note, love that place
  • walkswithdeer
    Options
    JANIS JOPLIN!!!!! LIVE AT THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS IN SAN JOSE, THE DATE WAS MAY 18TH, 1968!!!!!!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    July 2010 I went to watch Chipmunk + Aggro Santos! They were both amazing! :happy:

In 2006 I went to watch Sugababes, they were pretty good too! :smile:
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A Day To Remember in Atlanta, GA at the Masquerade last year (April 2011) So amazing!! It had to be outside b/c there were so many people. Got lost getting there, but that was fun and we were kinda freaked out b/c we ended up in the bad part of atlanta lol. There was a thunderstorm and tornado watch. Amps were blowing up, stage was flooding, we were soaked! But everyone stayed. Nobody left! Nobody cared. There was so much mud and moshing going on. Super crazy! It was the cooliest thing EVER!!! And there's a video with them on the MTV website!! So cool!! A night I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET...
  • iamamanda
    Options
    Warped Tour is awesome! It's a ton of fun! a variety of bands play all day :) This summer will be my third time going!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    JANIS JOPLIN!!!!! LIVE AT THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS IN SAN JOSE, THE DATE WAS MAY 18TH, 1968!!!!!!!

Awwwh Wow! :smile:
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This one is hard because that's all I did from the age of 12 on. Pogues, 2009, in Atlanta was fantastic! I saw The Ramones in Boulder in 1994. I was close enough to be sweated on by the band. Awesome! Lallapalooza 1992 in Chicago was a trip. Green Day back when they were still playing $5 all ages shows in VFW halls were good. Love some Screeching Weasel. Depeche Mode in Denver was only ok, but The The opened and they were fab. And there were a million other local bands that rocked that I really miss. Oh yeah and Slag Heap! That was the hub's band.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Last year...... the best was Billy Idol!! Still as great as ever!! Even better!! And also Sick Puppies were pretty damm good. :smile:
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold - I can agree - they put on an awesome show! I had to admit though, I was there strictly for Shinedown but they 100% earned my respect and now they are on constant iTunes rotation.

I'm not sure if I'm embarrssed by this or not, but by far the most fun I've ever had at a gig was Insane Clown Posse in Manchester 2007!

BEST was ... obviously. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    When I saw RunDMC and the Beastie Boys together back in late 80's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IrishChik
    Options
    seeing U2 at Croke Park in Dublin for 2 shows in 2009.

U2 in Lansing, MI 2011 is in my Top 5 shows of all time! Some friends and I were planning to see them in Dublin, but one of our friends passed away to cancer and it seemed to be too much to go without her.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Either Green Day or Foo Fighters
  • IrishChik
    Options
    My husbands band has opened for them. They never disappoint! Great bunch of guys too!
    By far the best concert I have been to is Five Finger Death Punch! I have seen them 12 times in the last three years, traveled as far as Kansas City, MI for Rockfest (I am in Buffalo, NY), and have always been so wowed every show. I took my 11 year old son, whom is obsessed with FFDP to his first concert this past November, he got to go up on stage and they gave him some swag. Best entertainers I have seen in years! Rob Zombie is a close second, seen him in Pittsburgh two summers ago with Korn and he blew Korn out of the water! Amazing pyrotechnics and awesome giant robots!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Tool and deftones in 2011. Mind blown!
  • IrishChik
    Options
    YES! Another Shindown fan! I am going to see them next week and this will be my 10th in 3 years. Their music pretty much saved my life. So much so my entire chest tattoo is devoted to their music. Great, great bunch of guys.

Favorite ever was Shinedown's Anything & Everything tour in December 2010 at a small venue in STL called the Pageant...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Brent Smith and the gang!!!

Another great one was 3 Doors Down in 2008. Jet Black Stare, Hinder and Staind opened for them. It was an awesome show...started at 6pm and at 11pm, 3DD was STILL doing encores. Gotta love it when even the band doesn't want the rock to end...lol.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Usher (w/ Trey Songz and miguel) in 2011

Runner up: Alicia Keys and John Legend in 2008
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've had the time of my life every time I've seen Foo Fighters, although their performance at ACL Festival in 2008 (I think it was 2008) was probably my favorite. LOVED it! I've honestly seen some of the most amazing performances at ACL Festival from Coldplay, to Kanye, to Bloc Party and MGMT...oh, and Oasis...good times!!