What's the best concert you've seen?

Options

Replies

• asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The Airborne Toxic Event in Toronto last April. They were just absolutely incredible live.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    BEN FOLDS!
  • chrisc16
    chrisc16 Posts: 94
    Options
    Boxcar Willie and the Ozark Mountain banjo boys
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters several times.
  • kmart30
    kmart30 Posts: 1
    Options
    The Black Crowes Boston HOB friday and saturday night 2010 - 5 rows in front of luther first night, 5 rows in front of rich second night - absolutely mind blowing led zeppelin type *kitten* for a music freak like me - my gf was dancing, I was dancing - they played about 40 different songs in 2 nights - only 2 repeats - I could go on.... lol
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Metallica, Earth Wind & Fire, and TSO!
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    Crue Fest in like...2008. Motley Crue, Buckcherry, Papa Roach and Sixx AM. It was amaaaazing!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Muse, at the Tabernacle in Atlanta
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'd say Stevie Wonder is probably the best performer I've ever seen, back in 1986 or 87. He was really amazing, and it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

In the late 70s/80s, I also saw Fleetwood Mac, the Kinks, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, the Cars, and so many more. Tickets used to cost about $15 if you can believe it!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Left Lane Cruiser opening for Los Duggans and Scott H. Biram at the Brass Rail in Ft. Wayne, IN.

Suprisingly, Biram was the weak sister that night. LLC was as energized as I've ever seen them and Los Duggans was a revelation.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add...I saw the Chieftains (Irish folk) on St. Patrick's Day in Carnegie Hall a few years ago. They were phenomenal.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Their 2012 Beethoven's Last Night show was amazing.

JM

That's great to hear, cause we're going next Friday! I can't wait!

We saw their Christmas show 2 yrs ago and now I get to take my son back to his first TSO show. We have 5th row, so I am stoked! :)
  • tippietoes
    Options
    Fleetwood Mac Unleashed tour, 2009 maybe 2010
    Lindsay Buckingham live is out of this world. Life changing concert!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Rage against the machine in '96, then Metallica in '92
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers...with Snoop as opening act ;)
    No Doubt.... a close second.
    Goo Goo Dolls.. third
    Kenny Rogers was awesome too....it was pre these last few nips/lifts/ and tucks :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I think I've only been to two concerts. They tie.

I flew to the Azores Islands in 2005, and upon landing my Aunt took us to a larger village and I saw the Scorpions perform in an old concrete soccer stadium.

A year or so later in college, 2 Live Crew played at a local club, and I was up on stage with a few fully naked women, whip cream everywhere.
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Metallica, Linkin Park, Brad Paisley......LOVE THOSE>>>> gotta love Brad!! In the 80's it was The Crue, Gowan . Most recently Narzzerth, and met them nice guys!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Best ever - Beastie Boys 2004, followed by Beastie Boys 2007 (Mix Up tour, wicked)
    Grateful Dead at an airfield in Highgate Vermont (1993?94?)
    U2 with Garbage opening (2002?)
    Lollapalooza '92
    Stevie Ray Vaughn with Jeff Beck and Jeff Healy (1989)
    Neil Young
    The Tragically Hip at Phil's Grandson's Place (capacity like 100 ppl!) in 1988!

Oh soooo many good shows when I was young and wild and free.... :tongue:
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    queens of the stone age in a little club when they weren't famous and still the original group. It was wonderful :) Dam those guys can play.