I sometimes hate Texas!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Dallas, Texas is the most fabulous place on Earth. Why would you want to leave? :love:

&Don't hate on my Cowboys!!!!! :mad:

&&Calfiornia SUCKS! Every year I'm about to die from smoke inhalation and the fear that my school is going to be toasted to a crisp. The nights are freezing, the days are hot, I have to change clothes when the sun goes down! It is NOT 70 all year long, that is a lie! It gets flipping cold and REALLY hot! It rains, there's no damn drainage so it looks like a damn flood just went on outside as it annoyingly sprinkles. But maybe all of this is just the Inland Empire. It could just be the Inland Empire.

Oh and don't get me started on the traffic....
    You should move to NorCal..........................way better up here! And way better football team (not the Raiders) too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    COLORADO! That is all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Idaho. Nothing happens in Idaho!

We get no tornadoes or earthquakes.

We get a bunch of snow if you move to the mountains but down in the Treasure Valley it's as calm as can be.

There is also a risk of fires in the summer but that's normally in the mountains.
    You have potato bugs.

IDEA Fitness member
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any suggestions.....just a wish that you are safe and sound....
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are seriously considering a move to Texas when he starts looking for a faculty job. The rattlesnakes, heat, and tornadoes TERRIFY me, though!

I was born and raised in coastal California. Yes, we have earthquakes, fires and flooding... but they're so rare and scattered all over the state. It has been 23 years since I was even remotely affected by one of those natural disasters (a major quake in 89).
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston. Yesterday, we had a totally unexpected torrential downpour. Today - gorgeous. Though, it is already getting too hot and humid for my tastes... even though I have lived here my whole life!!
    Wasn't that 2 minute hail storm yesterday crazy????

OP~ You'll never find a state as awesome as Texas!!!!!
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    Dallas, Texas is the most fabulous place on Earth. Why would you want to leave? :love:

&Don't hate on my Cowboys!!!!! :mad:

&&Calfiornia SUCKS! Every year I'm about to die from smoke inhalation and the fear that my school is going to be toasted to a crisp. The nights are freezing, the days are hot, I have to change clothes when the sun goes down! It is NOT 70 all year long, that is a lie! It gets flipping cold and REALLY hot! It rains, there's no damn drainage so it looks like a damn flood just went on outside as it annoyingly sprinkles. But maybe all of this is just the Inland Empire. It could just be the Inland Empire.

Oh and don't get me started on the traffic....

I wouldn't hate on the cowboys if they replaced their quarterback!! i had high hopes that they would go out for manning... guess i gotta keep dreaming lol

OMG, I can't even explain how madly I was praying they'd trade Romo for a couple draft picks and pick up Manning. I was literally PRAYING for it. I am a die hard Cowboys fan, win or lose, but Romo is awful.

Can you imagine how badass the Peyton Manning/Dez Bryant combo would be? Sigh.

im telling you that manning in the cowboys would have been oh so amazing!!!!!!
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    Tony Romo makes my soul hurt.

He makes everyone's eyes hurt too from rolling them constantly. I grew up a cowboys fan from 4 yrs old. When JJ is gone and someone knows how to manage the team i MIGHT watch until then they suck I dont care if im born texan.
    [/quote]

i've met jj he's not a great person he's kinda lame!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oregon :)

You mentioned that you don't mind rain, and it really doesn't rain here as much as NON-Oregonians say it does.

Most of Oregon is really beautiful! From where I live, I can drive 1.5 hours in one direction and be at the mountains, the other direction and be at the ocean, the other direction and be at the Columbia River Gorge *Waterfalls*... a few hours to the east and I am in a more desert like region.

Besides the scenery, Oregonians are a pretty accepting bunch of people, for the most part. They tend to be more friendly than some of the people in other states I've had to live in.

There are some negative things too, as there are in most places, but I still think it's worth living here :)
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    As a Texas girl that was transplanted to Wyoming for the winter...I prefer Wyoming. (great weather)...of course we had a REALLY mild winter....lol...heading home in a month for 8 weeks and DREADING the heat, humidity and mosquitos!!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

IDEA Fitness member

Thank god for the Patriots!!! I will never follow J.Jones, idiot

I think you owe your thanks to the devil not god. Bill Billicheat :devil:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

IDEA Fitness member

Thank god for the Patriots!!! I will never follow J.Jones, idiot

But I love J. Jones and his silver cockroach... it's because of him and Jerry's world, that the city (which is NOT Dallas, btw) is doing so well and they haven't had to close things (like swimming pools that people in Ft. Worth are going without) or massively budget cut and layoff people... other than that... well, I never did like the Cowpatties.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, regardless of the schizophrenic weather, I wouldn't want to call any place besides Austin, TX my home :) I love this place, crazy weather and all!!

I'm the same way... I'm up in Ft. Worth though... but besides the lack of water, I prefer summers in Lubbock (where I grew up) where it's a nice dry heat...

Oh and Dallas sucks just because it's Dallas... ;-)