i'm getting a tattoo today

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
of a butterfly on my hip, surrounded by stars.

is it going to hurt bad? should i take something?

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's not going to hurt... bad... but you should take two shots of vodka just in case.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    oh a butterfly on my hip, surrounded by stars.

if you take anything you'll thin yer blood and bleed more .... man the **** up
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts. Take 3 200mg ibprofen. Dont take a blood thinner or drink alcohol. Get some unscented lotion to treat it for the next few weeks until it heals. You dont need the balm they will try to sell you, just get the lotion. ;)

P.S. Just remember stretch marks happen on hips.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I swear I smell sarcasm in this post :wink:
    In any case, grab your iPod or whatever you use, put on some punk music and enjoy the ride \m/ :bigsmile: \m/
  • _snw_
    Options
    oh a butterfly on my hip, surrounded by stars.

if you take anything you'll thin yer blood and bleed more .... man the **** up

but i'm so scared. needles are scary and tattoo studios are so intimidating.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    sounds precious!!!!! :flowerforyou:

But may I suggest you get it on your lower back instead?????
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Just for safety's sake, please note that my vodka comment was purely for comedy, as I would never actually recommend someone drink before a tat. However, since I have seen _snw_'s ink, and know she obviously knows WTF she's doing, I wasn't too worried about it.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice! Erm, i havent got a tattoo on my hip, but I have a friend who has got a huge flower, and she said it hurt a little, just more of a burning feeling she said it was :smile:

Dont take anything for it! It will make your blood thinner and you many bleed quite a bit! On my first tattoo which is stars on my wrist, I drank quite a bit of alchol the night before (friends 21st birthday) and my wrist was bleeding like mad! because of the alcohol! =(

Does your tattooist not have numbing cream which you can buy?
  • _snw_
    Options

i'm not a tramp.

oh wait. yah i am. hrm.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So painful you might fall asleep.

I like butterflies.

make-rockstar-hand-800x800.jpg
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Jager~! LOTS OF IT!!!
    :tongue:
  • _snw_
    Options
    Just for safety's sake, please note that my vodka comment was purely for comedy, as I would never actually recommend someone drink before a tat. However, since I have seen _snw_'s ink, and know she obviously knows WTF she's doing, I wasn't too worried about it.

sshhh.
  • infamousmk
    Options

sshhh.

I mean.. my doctor told me that!
  • coreykantola
    Options

No dont put it there!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ///grabs a bag of popcorn and watches the troll thread...
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh man have fun, just remember the pain is NOT serious, just nerve pain on your skin. That helped me at least.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Even though the poster already said they were joking, just a note AGAIN just in case people are skimming through and not paying attention:

Drinking before tattoos makes you bleed and the ink won't take as well. Let's not even mention how bad of an idea is to try to PICK OUT a tattoo after you've been drinking....

With that out of the way :)

Depends on your pain tolerance. Tattoos hurt in a good kind of way for me. Sometimes it can get a little intense, but never enough to make me want to stop. Anytime we take a break, it's because the artist decided to.

If your hip is bony, it might hurt. Be prepared. :]

But it will look cute when finished, I'm sure.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts. Take 3 200mg ibprofen. Dont take a blood thinner or drink alcohol. Get some unscented lotion to treat it for the next few weeks until it heals. You dont need the balm they will try to sell you, just get the lotion. ;)

P.S. Just remember stretch marks happen on hips.

The OP is kidding, but just fyi, Ibuprofen is a blood thinner; tylenol is not.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

No dont put it there!

That is THE best place for a tattoo on a girl!!! especially if it involves roses, butterflies or stars!!!!!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    It depends which hip, left or right?

:smokin: