i'm getting a tattoo today

Options

Replies

• Skinny4BG
    Skinny4BG Posts: 145
    Options
    Nah, it shouldnt hurt too terribly bad. I have over 20 tatts, and they are nothing compared to a shot from the doctor. I cry when I get those. I have no clue why. But definitely dont take anything. If they have any inkling that you did, they wont tattoo you. The thinner your blood, the more you bleed, the less the ink holds. I suggest bringing gum. I used to chew on my tongue ring (yes, bad i know) but then I started bringing gum and it was a breeze! Post pics when you get it! Would love to see it!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    So here is a question. I have vines and flowers on my lower back. But now, I would love the vines to go up my spine....so would that hurt? I started to sweat like a little pig when he was doing my love handles!! haha! So, I guess my pain level for needles is not that high,
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You will also need a snuggie.
  • April8283
    Options
    It's a mind thing, if you want it, you'll be fine sitting through it! Taking something really won't help and it'll thin your blood. Good luck! :)
  • lynsie86
    lynsie86 Posts: 17
    Options
    It's not going to hurt... bad... but you should take two shots of vodka just in case.

Do NOT drink any alcohol before getting a tattoo. It thins your blood, so you will bleed out more which will also bleed out the ink.

I wouldn't take anything. You will be fine. The pain is all in your mind, just keep telling yourself it doesn't hurt. It's more like a burn or scratch than actual pain.
  • lynsie86
    lynsie86 Posts: 17
    Options
    Yes it hurts. Take 3 200mg ibprofen. Dont take a blood thinner or drink alcohol. Get some unscented lotion to treat it for the next few weeks until it heals. You dont need the balm they will try to sell you, just get the lotion. ;)

P.S. Just remember stretch marks happen on hips.

Also, do not use lotion. The chemicals in lotion can interact with the ink. Use A&D ointment.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    If someone tells you that a tattoo doesn't hurt they are lying! yes, they do hurt. for some people it is a bad hurt. for others not so much. it just depends on you. but, you will be ok.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    All tramp stamps look like bulls-eyes to guys, so a hip butterfly will.... oh who am I kidding, that will look like a bulls-eye too.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If someone tells you that a tattoo doesn't hurt they are lying! yes, they do hurt. for some people it is a bad hurt. for others not so much. it just depends on you. but, you will be ok.

I fell asleep getting my tattoo and it did not hurt. I am not a liar, sir.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    All tramp stamps look like bulls-eyes to guys, so a hip butterfly will.... oh who am I kidding, that will look like a bulls-eye too.

FACT.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    sounds precious!!!!! :flowerforyou:

But may I suggest you get it on your lower back instead?????

No dont put it there!

That is THE best place for a tattoo on a girl!!! especially if it involves roses, butterflies or stars!!!!!

I wanted my my tattoo to be on the back of my neck and the tattoo owner said that since it was my first tattoo, to put it someplace that could be hidden in case I did not like it. (I am in my 40s and have 6 kids, so he was going conservative for me) So, I put it on my lower back. I loved it, so we made it bigger a year later and now I want it to go up my back....AND, I want one on the back of my neck too. But, still afraid that it will hurt too much....I heard the foot is horrible, so I will NEVER do the foot!!!
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    snw...you are so full of *kitten*!!!! You are loaded with tattoos silly girl :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, well I'm gonna get a tattoo of a butt, on my butt!
  • Nightingale77
    Nightingale77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had one done recently on my leg above my ankle, did not hurt at all, more like an irritation. It didn't bleed and I didn't need to take anything at all.
    I love it!
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's not going to hurt... bad... but you should take two shots of vodka just in case.

i REFUSE to work on a client who has been drinking and any professional shop would do the same alcohol thins your blood. Not only will you bleed more but this will cause ink to not stick as well and can come out blotchy even if the artist works it in correctly.....drinking before a tattoo=bad decision.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    snw...you are so full of *kitten*!!!! You are loaded with tattoos silly girl :)

ding ding ding. you win today's prize.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Everyone's pain level is different!! Got my 1st almost 3 weeks ago, added to it Sunday. With the first one it was more irritating than painful. With the second, he used a different needle for a vine and that mother hurt! It was over quickly and the rest was no big deal. Interestingly...the vine that hurt looks like the ink is bleeding out. Not liking that. Advice?
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    sounds precious!!!!! :flowerforyou:

But may I suggest you get it on your lower back instead?????

i'm not a tramp.

oh wait. yah i am. hrm.

at least you embrace it...
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Jager~! LOTS OF IT!!!
    :tongue:

I agree with this.......
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    booze makes it worse,,go in strait and eat candy to keep blood sugar up...