I need something healthy to dip raw veggies in... Help?

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
I like to snack on raw veggies (carrots and broccoli mostly although I might expand today and buy a pepper lol)

I buy this ranch dip but that's not very healthy. Lots of sodium and weird ingredients that I can't pronounce. Just wondering what you all dip your raw veggies in? Or do any of you have an idea for something healthy? I don't really care about low/high calorie. Just something healthy.

Thank you!!

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I take a little container of plain chobani yogurt, and a packet of hidden valley ranch dry mix....I put maybe two tbsp of the mix into the chobani, mix it up, and VOILA! You have a healthy dip that you can truly indulge in...PLUS, it's non-fat and super high in protein! It's delish!
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like veggies dipped in hummus. Yum!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hummus. It is a dip made out of chick peas and spices.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree, hummus all the way. It is so delicious!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    hummus!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hummus!! I just made my own last night and it's delicious!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hummus comments... I have also started dipping in refried beans. Really good!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I would like it....but Hummus rocks!
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I take a little container of plain chobani yogurt, and a packet of hidden valley ranch dry mix....I put maybe two tbsp of the mix into the chobani, mix it up, and VOILA! You have a healthy dip that you can truly indulge in...PLUS, it's non-fat and super high in protein! It's delish!

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING. I'm trying it asap.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options

That but I didn't think to add additional spices (lots of possibilities: cajun, spicy seasoning, garlic, etc...) Looking forward to my next chobani dip snack.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Do you guys just buy hummus from the store or make it yourself? What flavor is the yummiest? Lol
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try making hummus.

Garbonzo beans and basil leaves in a food processor. Use a little lemon juice and garbonzo juice to thin it with a little olive oil. Play with it and and the flavors you like. It is low in calories and sodium, (I buy the organic ones from vons) , no preservatives and good for you.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My go to salad dressing and veggie dip is Annie's Goddess dressing. Tahini and lemon and omg, it's amazing!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hummus, but I like the yogurt idea too!!
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I mix Greek yoghurt with just about anything I the spice cabinet to make dip because I loves creamy dip.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    hummus
    yogurt
    salsa
    salad dressings of all kinds
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt mixed with a teaspoon of hidden valley ranch mix and you have ranch
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Walden farms makes calorie free dressing and sauces. I use their "ranch" dressing to dip raw veggies in. It should be available at most grocery stores. I buy mine from HEB.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I like to dip it in wholly guacamole :)
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    +1 for hummus!