I need something healthy to dip raw veggies in... Help?

Options

Replies

• msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hummus!! Or Laughing Cow cheese wedges...
  • MarilynBraxton
    Options
    I use bell peppers all the colors red, green, yellow, and orange plus cucumbers
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hummus or Guacamole
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    Check out Bolthouse Farms dressings. They even have ranch, and 2 T are only 45 calories. Tastes delicious!! I'm also a fan of their Raspberry Merlot Vinaigrette, and am wanting to try their mango vinaigrette.

ghk-bolthouse-classic-ranch-dressing-mdn.jpg
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bumping this so I can come back to it...these dips sound great!
  • pajomu
    pajomu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki yogurt dip...I really like Hannah brand, which I found at Costco. Trader Joe's sells some as well.

I've never tried it, but you can make it yourself too. Just search for tzatziki and you'll find a lot of info.

I also use it as a salad dressing, a "sauce" for meats, anything. Yum!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Probably already mentioned but hummus, or make a dip with greek yogurt.
  • Cmurphy968
    Options
    Hi!
    One of my go to snacks is usually veggies or fruit, but most of the time I'm like you and like to have some kind of dip the spice things up. What I love is hummus. The first time I ever tried hummus I actually hated it, but then I found this kind - Roasted red pepper hummus. The brand name is Anthenos. It's awesome and only 75 calories for 2 tbls.! And it has protein so it will help to fill you up!!! I actually love it with veggies and these baked whole wheat pita chips!! They are the Anthenos one and really low in calories too! Hope this helps :-)
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just use fat free sour cream and the dry packet of hidden valley ranch. It low calorie. a little sodium but not too bad if you only need a tablespoon
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hummus!!! And it comes in various flavors. SOOOO yummy!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas, I don't know which to try. About to head out to the grocery store... ahhh! I think it's hummus for the win. Maybe a small container of yogurt so I can try that too.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hummus is yummy!
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Jicama is delicous in hummus. :-)
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    tzatziki ... it's a cucumber/yogurt ish sauce ... also AWESOME for those of you Tunafish Sandwhich lovers who want to drop the mayo ... it's not the same, but a good alternative for sure!
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I grill asparagus and dip it in tzatziki sauce...I absolutely LOVE the combo :)
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I agree with other peeps...Hummus! Yummy!
  • lafter71
    lafter71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses a fat free ranch with a little hot sauce added. Not sure if it's healthy but I use hummus and babaganoush (spelling...? :D )
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Most larger grocery stores (and places like Whole Foods [aka whole paycheck] or Trader Joe's have it too)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love Sabra brand's Pine Nut hummus. Yummus!
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki Greek yogurt dip!!! You can find it in the produce section, or make your own - I do that when I run out!!

Plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 cucumber, cut into small pieces
    Dill
    Black pepper
    Garlic powder
    Lemon juice
    Salt (if you want, I don't use it)

Not only is it great with veggies, I use it on my chicken and fish, too!