I need something healthy to dip raw veggies in... Help?

Options

Replies

• amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I take a little container of plain chobani yogurt, and a packet of hidden valley ranch dry mix....I put maybe two tbsp of the mix into the chobani, mix it up, and VOILA! You have a healthy dip that you can truly indulge in...PLUS, it's non-fat and super high in protein! It's delish!

this!!!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ..another vote for hummus...just finished some with baby carrots that I dipped
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    try hummus or salsa with light sour cream
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna try the hummus and the yogurt idea. A bean dip also sounds like it would be good...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hummus is a good choice, but honestly I usually dip them in nothing at all :)
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I am stealing this recipe!! Thanks!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!

My family motto: Everything is better with Peanut Butter...

6718077467_6b0763ab1a.jpg
    picRE6VDx.jpg
    hummus-and-veggies.jpg?w=510
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I like to dip it in wholly guacamole :)

Me too :)
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like to take a quarter cup of plain low fat yogurt or cottage cheese, and then spice it up with something yummy... Dried dill, Herbamare seasoning, Cajun or Greek seasoning, masala spice... Yum! And you can change it up that way, so you don't get bored!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Roasted red pepper hummus....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I make hummus myself, but I don't put Olive Oil or Tahini (sesame seed paste) in it. Out of 120 calories, olive oil has 120 calories from fat, or 100% fat! So I use a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 2 cloves of garlic, lemon juice, and water. It is still very tasty, and only has 31 calories per serving and only 1 gram of fat :)
  • AdrienneHart84
    AdrienneHart84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sabra brand garlic hummus is my favorite
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I sometimes like to use salsa. The garden salsa type you get from the deli (not the jars because it's REALLY processed and sodium rich) is great if you cut up celery and scoop the salsa out. I LOVE Scoops but they're way too calorie heavy so I do that when I watch TV instead. You can also mix spicy salsa with fat free sour cream or fat free ranch for a southwestern dip. YUM!
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    I have been making the Skinny Taste low fat buttermilk ranch dressing. I use it on salads & for dipping veggies. It's only 52 calories for a 1/4 cup, and it's delicious!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I got a Jalapeno Greek Yogurt dip from Costco. A little bit goes a looong way, anit's 50 cals for 2 tbsp.
  • Natelywills
    Options
    <<stolen>> thanks!!!!!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Greek Yogurt dip - +1

Hummus
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    tzatziki dip it's like mint and cucumber.. very very low cal! I love this with raw veg!