That Awkward Moment at Work When....

Options

Replies

• tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Your boss is putting something on your desk and you realize that your computer screen is on you guessed it...mfp!

^^ This!

Or when someone walks by your office when you're in the middle of trying to squeeze in 2 minutes of jumping jacks. I needed to wake up!! :laugh:
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I work at a gynecologists office so I have more than my fair share of awkward moments, none of which you probably want to hear about :)

Tell ALL the stories!

i think it is unanimous we all want to hear your stories..lmao!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Your having a bad hair day and your boss looks at you and goes "soooo who was pulling on your hair last night ":blushing: and you cant say anything cause somebody was lol
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    When your cursing this customer in a language you think they don't understand...>=(
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    a client says "....ohhhh, you smell good!"

I work in a prison. ...ewwww!

^^^^^ This lol
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This lady I used to work with would come in to my cube, perch one buttcheek on the corner of my desk and just sit there and chat away.

So, one day, she just rips a monster fart with no warning. Right there on my desk.

Awkward.
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The owner of my company walked into our area and farted on accident...I actually laughed out loud. I won't be getting my raise...:laugh:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    a high school student that you mentor tells you he made you something in his pottery class. He makes a big deal out of telling you, and your supervisor, that while making this you were the ONLY person that he knew would appreciate it and he was so excited to give it to you. He hands you a shot glass......

you spill the ice tray down the front of you and a client says, "too bad you're not wearing white today."

you call a client via phone and realize you are not only calling them the wrong name, but because of the mix-up you've got their gender wrong as well.

LOL, reminds me, I had just gotten the office job 3 months before, and we had a "Secret Santa" where everyone draws a name and buys a present for that person.... well, the owner of the company happened to get my name. He bought me a set of shooters (the tall shot glasses) and said "I tried to think of what you might like...."

Still here 4 years later. Pff.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    When I worked in an office when I was 23, the owner was about 70, I was at his desk, and all of the sudden he said "I can see your boobies" I had a button down blouse on and he was looking through the space between the buttons, it made me throw up in my mouth a little.
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...so many but...........when you reach over the counter for something and turn around and everyone is staring at your butt with smileys and someone says....I see its thong day today, we like those days!!! :blushing: lol
  • auroranflash
    Options
    This lady I used to work with would come in to my cube, perch one buttcheek on the corner of my desk and just sit there and chat away.

So, one day, she just rips a monster fart with no warning. Right there on my desk.

Awkward.

"..... you had quinoa for lunch, didn't you?"
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    your co worker says to you that in his spare time he makes adult videos.... erm okay, I paint lol
  • mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You run into the person that you can't stand, and they actually smile when they see you. All I could think was, there must be someone else behind me. So you turn and look and no its just you. THAT person must have been a "alternative substance day."
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    when your working at yours desk and have your music playing in your ear buds, and you have to fart. So you pinch it off and let it flow out softly then realize you had your headphones on and your not sure if it was silent or a squeaker or worse...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I once burst into tears for no good reason in my (male) boss' office. In my defense, my husband was on the tail end of an 8-month overseas deployment and I was stressed to the max, but I was still mortified.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    LOL! LOL! Thank you all for injecting some humor into my day!
    Reminds me of the day I went to use the washroom after someone with a sick stomach used it, and I had to leave without using it, because it was so stank, but she saw me leave immediately....
  • Vikingmiss
    Vikingmiss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When the local Policemen make a Dirty Joke... and your coworker is old enough to be your grandmother.,, ;D
  • auroranflash
    Options
    when your working at yours desk and have your music playing in your ear buds, and you have to fart. So you pinch it off and let it flow out softly then realize you had your headphones on and your not sure if it was silent or a squeaker or worse...

... when you think it's gonna be a quiet one, and it is NOT. The walls reverberate. And they just hired a really hot hispanic girl to work right outside your office.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ... when its a Friday afternoon and your boss's boss's boss walks past and says hello... as you're filing your nails.

... or when the same boss's boss's boss walks past and says "my god, what the hell have you done to your hair?!" OK so it wasnt MY fault that my friend put supposed wash in wash out blue hairspray in my hair which refused to come out of my blonde streaks when I had work the next day...

How do I still have a job!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    I think I might get in trouble if I tell you my stories lol Let's just say: No matter how weird you think your parts might be...we have probably seen worse
    Oh and don't worry about farting during the middle of a pap smear-that has happened multiple times so no big deal!