That Awkward Moment at Work When....

Options

Replies

• spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    My office is across from the men's restroom. I hear waaaaay too much! And I know a lot of male teachers and students don't wash their hands!

Oh, and there are a couple of men that give me the involuntary sweats when they talk to me! HATE THAT!!!!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Your boss is putting something on your desk and you realize that your computer screen is on you guessed it...mfp!

Only about a thousand times a day. Ooops!! :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I think I might get in trouble if I tell you my stories lol Let's just say: No matter how weird you think your parts might be...we have probably seen worse
    Oh and don't worry about farting during the middle of a pap smear-that has happened multiple times so no big deal!
    ok I want to change my answer. Please DONT tell your stories... LOL!!!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I look around me and realize these kids are mine...this house is mine...and I can't quit.

This is MY life.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You scare the employee that just returned from 6 weeks off due to a heart attack.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    When my sister's friend, who came to work as a temp where I worked, came up behind me and started massaging my shoulders when I was speaking to the company CEO. I still get a buzz in my head when I think of it....and it happened more than 20 years ago!:explode: :explode:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My office is across from the men's restroom. I hear waaaaay too much! And I know a lot of male teachers and students don't wash their hands!

Oh, and there are a couple of men that give me the involuntary sweats when they talk to me! HATE THAT!!!!

I work on an air base....I get the sweats, blushes, hot flashes....Good God it's a dangerous place to work....:wink:
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    that female co worker that would come into my office and sit legs spread on the eye level conference table behind me and want to chat..
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options

The old dirty *kitten* keep trying to see down my shirt while I'm at my desk.

The hot guy your friend's friend dated walks in and you remember the topic of his endowment...Lord, it's hard not to look!

Nice juxtaposition :huh:
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I look around me and realize these kids are mine...this house is mine...and I can't quit.

lol Yeah, I'll go with this one. :bigsmile:
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    My boss tells me about the chick he banged on the weekend
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ....I was an enthusiastic Dad-to-be with our first due in a few weeks, and I couldn't stop conversing on the topic of birth and babies, and when I saw the middle-aged female manager with a belly bump I blurted out "So when are YOU due?" And of course she wasn't .
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When your cursing this customer in a language you think they don't understand...>=(

bahahahah! I've learned not to do this!!
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I woman I used to work with had a medical emergency while sitting on the toilet. Someone found her unconscious when they saw her hand dangling on her side of the stall. Someone had to go over the stall wall and unlock the door so we could get to her.

We had just lifted her off the toilet, cut her blouse off and were about to start the AED machine when the paramedics showed up (whew).

I get chills just remembering this.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    when a coworker tells me hes a convited fellon for murder, when I asked him why he did it he said he crossed him, OMG!!! We call him stabby Andy now and I always smile very big for him
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    You say ma'am when it's really a mister.

Call Center. -_-
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOL, or standing and having a serious conversation and it just happens. Everyone tries to ignore it, but not quite possible.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When you're talking to your coworker, and their phone starts ringing, and you automatically look down to check who it is..... and then realize you're looking at THEIR phone, and they see you do this, and now you seem nosey when in reality you don't care who's calling them IT WAS JUST AUTOMATIC but if you try to tell them that you seem weird.... AGH
    Ugh, I do this all the time!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    I think I might get in trouble if I tell you my stories lol Let's just say: No matter how weird you think your parts might be...we have probably seen worse
    Oh and don't worry about farting during the middle of a pap smear-that has happened multiple times so no big deal!
    ok I want to change my answer. Please DONT tell your stories... LOL!!!

hahahahaha I told you-nobody wants to hear how my day at work was :)
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    A student comes in asking for prophylactics, which we no longer carry (I work in the Wellness Center), so I direct him to the Women's Center or the Health Center, and he asks if they come in different sizes.

Classy.