That Awkward Moment at Work When....

Options

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    when you say "yes sir" but your patient is really a ma'am.

LOL Done that before, too...
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    when a coworker tells me hes a convited fellon for murder, when I asked him why he did it he said he crossed him, OMG!!! We call him stabby Andy now and I always smile very big for him

Hurries to create new "Stabby Andy" account...don't cross me, woman :laugh:
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When you're taking your turn in the needle exchange and:
    - a sex worker comes in for condoms and spends 5 miuntes discussing with you which flavours are "not bad" and which ones are "minging" (her words, and if you're curious avoid chocolate, vanilla and banana but strawberry, blueberry and mint are ok)

-you discuss harm reduction techniques for injecting with a newbie including Up Yer Bum and have to demonstrate the best postions to reach

I could list hundreds. With my job awkwardness flies out the window and I love it all the more because of it!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment at work when you click on "reply to all" and realise you have emailed the immortal words "Piss off you weirdo" to 125 people including four managing directors.:embarassed:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when:

you get groped by your bosses wife she 60+ and your 22!

You scratch your bosses pride and joy £120k sportscar...'cause he's too damn lazy to move it himself (not me, my pal)

You get introduced to your bosses family and realise that his elegant,charming wife was the boozed up semi dressed mess you picked up, cleaned up and put to bed at the Co function.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Mine - someone comes to the door at 2pm and you are still in your PJs. Trying to explain to them you work for yourself at home just makes it worse.

My friend Laura's - The day she walked in to a maternity room to remove a catheter (she's a midwife) and found me there waiting for her. My day didn't get better from that point onwards.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    When you are walking down the hall on your way to class and you take one last sip of water before walking in the door...only to pour it down your front. Now you have to go stand in front of the room with a big wet spot on your b00b. :grumble:
  • MandieBellie
    MandieBellie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you are in the bathroom and someone walks into the stall next to you talking on thier cell phone!
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    you are in the bathroom and someone walks into the stall next to you talking on thier cell phone!

Even worse if you think they're talking to you and you answer them!
  • Pebbles536
    Pebbles536 Posts: 199
    Options
    when your working at yours desk and have your music playing in your ear buds, and you have to fart. So you pinch it off and let it flow out softly then realize you had your headphones on and your not sure if it was silent or a squeaker or worse...

^this! Or you fart loud and proud 'cause no one is in your office. Only to have someone walk into the stench a few moments later!. Or even worse bend over to pick something up and fart, the WHOLE office hears it and teases you for weeks.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I work for a fastener distributor (nuts & bolts) I was obtaining a quote for a customer on a large diameter nut. I called the customer and without thinking told him I found his nuts.
    I'm giving a freaking EXAM and I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud at that that I just snorted through my nose a little. Not good!

So lets add that to my list of awkward moments at work...:laugh:
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    walking out after an exceptionally long day in the office to see a co worker in the arms of a woman that ISNT the one he introduced to you as his WIFE a week ago at the company christmas party
  • Barbie1125
    Barbie1125 Posts: 115
    Options
    When you hang up the phone or think you hung up the phone and say *f****ing idiot* and realize that you didn't hang up. Then they call you back to confront you and you have to say you were talking to the person beside you. Then that person comes to your workplace the next day to pick up what they called for and sees your the only secretary that works there. Then after meeting them in person you find out he's a bigger *f****ing idiot* than you thought he was when you just knew him over the phone so you don't feel so bad for saying it in the first place.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a tech support center. Cube mate was trading mushy (but work safe) emails all morning with his wife..Hes having a customer reboot and in the lull hes reading one of said emails...Next thing I hear is "i love you....................................NO....NO....NO........ NO SIR.... NOT YOU.... IM SORRY IF THAT MAKES YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE SIR.... IT WAS A MISTAKE SIR.......IM REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY"

The whole helpdesk stopped to watch him wriggle out of this exchange..
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I am multi-tasking - typing a note to my husband and talking to a client at the same time. I told the client I looked forward to sleeping with him soon.

LMBO - I have done something very similar.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ...your ballet flat crocs make a farty noise when you walk across the main floor.

I scuff when i walk occasionally, but everytime i do... People give me such gross looks.. I just want to yell at them its my shoes!!!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I work at a gynecologists office so I have more than my fair share of awkward moments, none of which you probably want to hear about :)

Every last one of them!! :laugh:
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    when a coworker tells me hes a convited fellon for murder, when I asked him why he did it he said he crossed him, OMG!!! We call him stabby Andy now and I always smile very big for him

Hurries to create new "Stabby Andy" account...don't cross me, woman :laugh:

OMG, I have a "creepy andy" at my office!!! Do we work at the same place?! lol
  • JC565
    JC565 Posts: 17
    Options
    I used to work in a tech support center. Cube mate was trading mushy (but work safe) emails all morning with his wife..Hes having a customer reboot and in the lull hes reading one of said emails...Next thing I hear is "i love you....................................NO....NO....NO........ NO SIR.... NOT YOU.... IM SORRY IF THAT MAKES YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE SIR.... IT WAS A MISTAKE SIR.......IM REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY"

The whole helpdesk stopped to watch him wriggle out of this exchange..

This made me giggle as I work in call centre, and hear all sorts of things all the time.