June "No Late Night Snacking Challenge"

Options
zaza54
zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
Good evening and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

Leslier was our winner for May with 15 consecutive days of no late night snacking. :flowerforyou: Congratulations to leslier:drinker:

Please let us know if anyone else tied or surpassed 15 days. If not, there's always the month of June.
For theJune challenge, please select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights through June 30th wins the month of June.

My cut-off time is 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I do allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights if I'm out.
Choose a time that works best for you.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon by snacking past our cut-off time and have to start all over at Day 1, this challenge lends itself to newcomers at any time. So, everyone is welcome even if you start the challenge after June 1.

Good luck everyone!!! The June challenge has now officially begun.
Zaza

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ok Im in, my cut off time will be at 9:30 as well, because I am a bit of a night owl as well!
    So :drinker: Heres to seeing how well I do!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I have a hard time committing to a cut off because I work until 7pm and get dinner made at 8ish. Usually sit down to eat at 9. I hate it. Butttttttttttt I know that I need to start eating something at work before I leave and stop eating earlier because I am not losing any weight even though my calories are within range and I work out everyday.

I'm going to put my cut off at 10:30 (I usually go to bed around 1am at the earliest) during the week and 11:30 on the weekends!

Thanks for the challenge I hope it helps me and it's a great motivator! :smokin:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Yay! A fresh start! (did I say that last month, too?:ohwell: ) I am going to try for no snacking the whole month. It's a biiiiiiiiig step for me:blushing: , but I think that if I have motivation, I can make this work.

My cutoff time is whenever dinner ends.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks ZaZa for starting us off on another month.

My cutoff is 9:00 p.m. I'm home most of the month of June so it should be easier than last month when I traveled for 2 1/2 weeks!!!

We WILL DO THIS :laugh:

Esther
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh, finally..it's June and I'm going to give it my best try.
    Learning from my mistakes, I will set 9 pm for cut off, as 8 pm was too early and if I ate something, I gave up on the day and binged.
    My baby girl is sleeping better, the temperature is in the 80's (last year didn't go over 65...so it's a biggie here) and I have only 4 days of school left; I'm taking most of the summer off to be "just a mom"- I should be less stressed very soon....

So No Late Night Snacking In June, here I come.

IF I FAIL, I WILL SET MY CUT OFF FOR "WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN" FOR JULY.
    GREETINGS FROM ALASKA, THE LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN!!:laugh:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OOhh my, this will be the most difficult callenge for me:ohwell: but i will try...(like i do every nite, doesnt work:blushing: )

My cut off time will be 9pm:noway:

I can possibly do this with some motivation:drinker:

Good luck
  • Grammymax
    Options
    IF I FAIL, I WILL SET MY CUT OFF FOR "WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN" FOR JULY.
    GREETINGS FROM ALASKA, THE LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN!!:laugh:
    Now, that's tricky considering where you live !:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I'm feeling crudy and it's my cutoff time so I'm going to go to bed. Hopefully will feel better in the morning!
    Have a great evening everyone.
    Esther
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'm seconding the thanks to Zaza :flowerforyou: and I'm answering here a post of hers in the May thread. I do have some sugestions for improvement, but feel free to ignore them if they don't suit you.

Back in the beginning, rule one was to set the counter back to 0 when we cheat one night.
    I suggest that in addition to that, people keep another counter, for how many nights they stick to their cut-off in total during the month. For some, resetting the counter can be discouraging, so they might drop or have consecutive nights of cheating because of it.
    Another suggestion is that, for the consecutive counter, people don't reset it on July 1st. The advantage that I see is that those of us having to reset it towards the end of the month or joining late, would still feel motivated during the last week. Otherwise, cheating a couple of days is OK, since you can't get a big number anyhow. :ohwell:

So we could have:
    JuneTotalCounter
    JuneConsecutiveCounter
    TotalConsecutiveCounter

Does this sound decent or two complicated?
    My cutoff is 9:00 p.m. I'm home most of the month of June so it should be easier than last month when I traveled for 2 1/2 weeks!!!

Dito to 9p.m. and aw, I am so far away from home. So please don't be bothered too much by the strange posting times. I am not cheating! Since today is Tuesday for me :), here I go:

JuneTotalCounter: 1
    JuneConsecutiveCounter: 1
    TotalConsecutiveCounter: 1 (I had a bad night on May 31st :blushing: )
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    First night have passed....And I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    :smooched: (This is me proud of myself):happy:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    First night have passed....And I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    :smooched: (This is me proud of myself):happy:

Hi5
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I am gonna keep at this. I am going to try to look at this thread every day and get motivated. I can do it.

Day 1 is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • phatphanny
    phatphanny Posts: 90
    Options
    Hello again!!! Day one down...my cutoff time is 8:00 pm. This is such an important challenge to overcome as I find eating and exercising properly all day long is quite easy..but not eating at night is the difficult part. Thanks Zaza for the challenge and hope to see lots of "big consecutive days" numbers at the end of the month...
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I am so excited that everyone is so enthusiastic. Welcome back to the old timers and welcome to our newcomers!!!:flowerforyou:

Dewdrop - those are great suggestions. At the end of the month, everyone can post where they are for each of the categories.

For now, I am happy to report I made it through Day 1. Reporting in here each day does make me feel more accountable and reminds me each night to be good. When I get away from mfp, I sometimes lose track of time at night and then fall off the wagon. Getting into this habit helps me stay on track.

Thank you all for joining in the journey.
    Here's to us.:drinker:
    Have a great day!
    Zaza
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, a new month- a fresh start! FIrst night down, :wink:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Day one down for me as well.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a little harder on myself this month... 8:00 no if ands or buts! No weekend leeway either.
    I am very determined to kick some fat rolls off of my belly.... Maybe the cellulite will get the hint and take a hike too!!

New month, new focus.... I have 10 lbs to lose this month (since didn't really lose much last month).

I ate last night at 6:00 and not afterwards so day 1 is done and chalked up on my winning side (not the snacks winning side).

LET'S HAVE A GREAT MONTH PEEPS!!!!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good morning/afternoon everyone!
    Well first night down for me and I passed!!!!!! YAY
    Hope you all did well!
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    1st night in the books. I stopped eating at 9:30 so even earlier then I set for myself. YEAH ME!

:bigsmile:
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    I don't know why that posted twice, ignore this one. LOL