June "No Late Night Snacking Challenge"

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! I, too, made it thru 3 nights. Of course, I ate a lot of chocolate before my cut-off time, but I was good after that. Baby steps in the right direction.:laugh:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! I, too, made it thru 3 nights. Of course, I ate a lot of chocolate before my cut-off time, but I was good after that. Baby steps in the right direction.:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is too funny!!!!
    You know what I found that is my new love at night or anytime
    Popsicle brand sugarfree popsicles.... they even have a mixed box with fudgecicles,cremecicles, and regular cicles.... they are litl 20 cals, 10 calr, and 30 cals!!!!!!!!! you can even eat 2 and not feel guilty:blushing: Not that I have done that!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    MissVita - I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you to be giving up smoking! That is awesome. Any secrets? My stepdaughter keeps saying "this on is my last" but then it isn't. I know she wants to but they really have a hold on her!

Day 3 down. Keep it up everyone!
    Esther
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    MissVita - I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you to be giving up smoking! That is awesome. Any secrets? My stepdaughter keeps saying "this on is my last" but then it isn't. I know she wants to but they really have a hold on her!

Day 3 down. Keep it up everyone!
    Esther

:bigsmile: Thank you so much! I have been a smooker for almost ten years off and on! WOW that is a lot when I think about it. Now i have hidden this fact from specific family members, and I never smoked in front of or near my children(Never in the car, or house or anything) Well hinking about quiting for a longtime, because I was always worried that people would smell it on me, at the kids school :noway:
    I just told myself that I really wanted to be a good mother (NOT saying taht mom;s that smoke arn't good mothers) but for me I wanted to have my kids as my top want!! and having all these "I can't, I don'ts" was stupid! When I thought about it It wasn't worth it anymore! Long story, sorry
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    willywonka, I just noticed your ticker. You've lost a lot of weight. Congratulations! :drinker:
    That is amazing.
    I have enormous difficulty just losing 15 pounds. You must feel so much better. I know I do when I've lost as little as 5 pounds.
    Zaza
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Well, well, well. I got medivaced to Seattle's Children's Hospital with my girlie Wednesday, so between being in two different ERs, two ambulances and on a small airplane for a total of 30 hours, I 'm not sure I passed the challenge last night! The only food they had was trail mix, I didn't eat between 10:30 am and 3 am, so I'm not sure what I'm qualifing for now, except it doesn't matter as long as we make it home safe and sound. My daughter is doing good today though! We might even go home tomorrow.
    I might have to re-start then, just to be sure I'm not cheating!!!:tongue:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    Well, well, well. I got medivaced to Seattle's Children's Hospital with my girlie Wednesday, so between being in two different ERs, two ambulances and on a small airplane for a total of 30 hours, I 'm not sure I passed the challenge last night! The only food they had was trail mix, I didn't eat between 10:30 am and 3 am, so I'm not sure what I'm qualifing for now, except it doesn't matter as long as we make it home safe and sound. My daughter is doing good today though! We might even go home tomorrow.
    I might have to re-start then, just to be sure I'm not cheating!!!:tongue:

:flowerforyou: WOW! I am so sorry that you have to go through all of that! My prayers are with you for a safe ride home, and that your daughter Stays felling better today!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I made it through the 3rd night.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tucson2
    tucson2 Posts: 16
    Options
    I joined this challenge June 2nd and it hasn't been easy! Both nights, I found myself in the kitchen after my cutoff time and I didn't even know what I was doing in there! :blushing: So I had to get out of the kitchen fast!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone's so inspiring! fitgal, well done!
    ildi007, lemm tell you where you stand: you rock! In such circumstances, exceptions are part of the rules. Just be good as soon as you get home and things get back to some sort of routine, and keep incrementing the counters, k? :flowerforyou: Prayers for the little one, glad she's better! Hang on in there! :love:

I made it on June 4! Yeah! Though I did eat a very good dinner, I only went to bed past midnight, so I think 9p.m. is good and realistic for me. I was so glad I did not have to give up watter past 9, though :laugh: .

Ladies (and gentleman :wink: ) keep up the good work! You are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Another good nite ( besides the fact that i gained 3.2 lbs:grumble: ) but i have to work harder.
    Good luck eveyone!
    Tonite was soo hard, im soo hungry, but i will not eat, instead im going to take a nice bath, talk to my boyfriend and go to bed:yawn:

nite nite:smile:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :bigsmile: I made it tonight had a coffee before cut off to make it through!!!:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    2 nights in a row. I got up twice last night, and did not eat. I don't want to get hit with the board again.... ouch! :sad:

This really helps me too, so thanks everyone! Not sure why MFP seems to be a phobia for most guys, I guess I am not too proud to admit I need help/motivation sometimes.

Off to lions, and tigers, and weekends, OH MY!
  • tucson2
    Options
    So glad we're all trying our best to overcome that strong urge/habit of nighttime snacking! Night THREE is done for me!!!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    What has it been, 4 nights??????? Lost count already. And that's a good thing.

I will try to get to a whole week and then go from there.

I am feeling so energetic today, I am gonna get up and dance right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY, YAY, YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    4 down for me.
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I don't know how to count my 3 am eating on Thursday morning (since we were medivaced and I didn't had a chance to eat between 10:30 am and 3 am) so if I don't count that as "late nigth snacking" (lets call it surviving) then I made it 4 nights, so far. And I even walked for excersise....
    We are home btw!!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Looks like I'm gonna make it through 5 nights. I don't even feel hungry, it's a miracle. Although my problem is I eat when I'm bored. Like a hobby.:blushing:

But another hobby is exercising, so they kinda cancel each other out.:wink:

By the way, GREAT JOB, YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Rainman37, good job for not letting the board crush you. You can do it!:smile:
  • tucson2
    Options
    Well, I didn't make it through NIGHT 4... :angry: I was making some hummus at 10:30pm for tomorrow's lake trip and totally forgot about our challenge. I "checked" to see how the hummus turned out and at that moment my daughter reminded me of the challenge. I was so mad I forgot! But on the bright side - the damage was done...so, I had 4 more "samplings". :laugh:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Day 5 down for me.

I wish eating the right foods would come so easy for me! Today is a new day and I'm going to start eating healthy beginning today.

Have a good weekend everyone

Esther