June "No Late Night Snacking Challenge"

Options

Replies

• RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    WOW, this board is, well, like hitting me with a board. I would meet ALL of my weight goals if I could simply resist snacking during the night. Soooo sign me up! I did not pass day 1. Cottage cheese just seemed great at 1AM....

ANY tips will be greatly appreciated too. I could use some creative ways to deal with the urges. Maybe a "shocker" on the fridge door! Maybe accountability will help, so someone here sign up as my bully and say really mean things if I get off track.

1 night at a time.

Raymond

Hopefully my ticker shows up below, I have not tried it yet.

188446.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Just finished dinner. Fighting the urge to run downstairs and tear open the fridge. Freezing cold. Fridge is calling me. Must . . . stay . . . stronnnnnnnng. Fighting the crushing weight. Must get up and exercise.

Excuse me . . .

No, I am NOT going to break my promise. I am going to exercise.

Hopefully.

Maybe.:laugh:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down for me, too, so incrementing all counters so far :laugh: .
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    day two is down for me too! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    WOW, this board is, well, like hitting me with a board. I would meet ALL of my weight goals if I could simply resist snacking during the night. Soooo sign me up! I did not pass day 1. Cottage cheese just seemed great at 1AM....

ANY tips will be greatly appreciated too. I could use some creative ways to deal with the urges. Maybe a "shocker" on the fridge door! Maybe accountability will help, so someone here sign up as my bully and say really mean things if I get off track.

1 night at a time.

Raymond

Hopefully my ticker shows up below, I have not tried it yet.

188446.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Point 1: you can do it!
    Point 2: show us girls that guys can do this too
    Point 3: brush your teeth and get a bottle of watter and put a "don't enter" post on the kitchen door
    Point 4: report here every day. It gets embarassing when you have to reset the counter. At night, you'll be thinking of us staring at you as you grab something from the fridge.
    Point 5: I hate to say this, but don't make me grab the board! :angry:

Nice having you among us, Raymond :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Day 2 is DONE!!!!!!!! What has helped me is reading all the new posts on here every day. I am tired of being embarrassed at having to start over every couple of days!:yawn:

You guys ROCK!:bigsmile:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I am so thrilled everyone is doing great. :happy:
    To the newcomers especially, you really can do this.
    I have been messing up on my calories again, but I am sticking to my cut-off time. It really helps to know that all the nonsense stops at a set time and that I am accountable to this group.

Raymond, dewdrop had some excellent suggestions. Another one I like to add is flossing and/or bleaching your teeth. You can't eat or drink anything with white strips or trays in your mouth.:laugh: Also, after I have gone to the time and trouble of flossing my teeth, I'm not about to have anything else for the night.

Keep up the great work everyone. Here's to making it through Day 3 tonight!:drinker:
    Zaza
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Yikes, here comes the board…. Thump! :explode:

OK… I was pumped to make it but…..a 90 cal granola bar and some wheat thins tripped me up. I can’t lie about it so I’ll take the beating!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Great tips and encouragement! I did brush before bed and love the tip about whitening tray. I’ll try that tonight since it’s time for a refresher. I was at my daily cal target and will get in a good long run tonight.

Raymond
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down.

zaza: I have been so bad. I have not been feeling well but that isn't a good reason to eat everything that isn't nailed down:angry: I have to get back on track. At least I am sticking to the cutoff time....maybe cuz there isn't anything left to eat in the house :laugh:

Have a great day
    Esther
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down for me too!

I was so proud of myself. I cut myself off at 10:30 even though I didn't go to bed until after 1. Around midnight I wanted a pudding and I didn't go for it. I talked myself out of it. This challenge is a great motivator!!

Good Luck to all!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down.

zaza: I have been so bad. I have not been feeling well but that isn't a good reason to eat everything that isn't nailed down:angry: I have to get back on track. At least I am sticking to the cutoff time....maybe cuz there isn't anything left to eat in the house :laugh:

Have a great day
    Esther

I'm sorry I had to laugh at the "maybe cuz there isn't anything left to eat in the house" comment. I can so relate. LOL
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Yes, it would be funnier if it weren't so close to being the truth :wink:

Good job on turning away from temptation. This thread really does keep me from eating past my cutoff time. I see all of you 'watching' me! :glasses: (that's me in disquise :happy: )
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Good job on turning away from temptation. This thread really does keep me from eating past my cutoff time. I see all of you 'watching' me! :glasses: (that's me in disquise :happy: )

A word of warning to everyone: when Esther is in town, she's a real threat to this thread :tongue: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I can also give "the look" if you get off track :laugh:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Got day 2 out of the way!!!!! thank god! Here comes night 3!!!!!:huh: LETS all be good tonight!:drinker:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    day 2 down... more to go... im doin great im shocked:noway: woohoo:drinker:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    LETS all be good tonight!:drinker:

I was! :drinker: 3 nights down *happydance*. Hope this continues like this, cos the past few days I had chocolate and I do not want to gain anything back. Could I borrow a scale from any of you? :wink:
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Finally made it all night. Woohoo!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I have made it through my 3rd night. Last night I woke up and almost caved.. but I didn't!! :wink:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Made it all night, I was hungry, but I just chugged water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Until I was full of water!!! I think I needed it, only problem was that I was up all night:blushing: