June "No Late Night Snacking Challenge"

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welocme sr88201. :flowerforyou:
    This is a great challenge to join at any time. Good luck tonight!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I almost blew it lastnight, but the puddin didn't get hard, so i waited and itnever happened!!! so once again I stayed away for the fridge!

:drinker: to the puddings that insist on staying soft! :laugh: Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Leslier: It’ s never too late to start again. Glad to have you back.

MissVita: I hear you girl. Last night I was ‘scouring’ the house looking for chocolate. Couldn’t find even ½ oz anywhere. It saved me not having it around. So I made it past that hurdle. :flowerforyou:

Ildi: Today is a new day. Good for you not to give in and just eat whatever. I know how that is too if I feel like I’ve already blown it why not just keep on bingeing! You had me giggling when you wrote about the pudding not getting set. Good deterrent for your!

Phatphany, Dewdrop & Zaza: I’m here to encourage you because I’m determined to keep on giving you a run for the ‘money’ (so to speak).:laugh:

Welcome sr: This is a fun group of people who just want to stay focused. Glad you found us.

Okay so - 11 days down for me. You're all doing well. I think just making these goals can help us to succeed. Hang in there everyone.

Esther
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :happy: Did it again lastnight, I would have failed, but I got mad at the hubby around cutoff time and decided that I didn't want to see his face so i went to bed:bigsmile: :devil: :bigsmile: :devil: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker: for the butthead husbands in the world. I got a 3 pound loss this week! My first loss, with more to come:bigsmile:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    I feel so empowered! By choosing to not snack after 7:30pm I feel mentally better today. The negative thoughts of "I really shouldn't have eaten that _________ or that _______ etc" aren't there because I made it through last night!:drinker: It wasn't a walk in the park though, yousee, we ate out at Burger King (I had a grilled chicken patty, ketchup and water). When I got home at 7:15pm I only had 15min to get something healthy before cut off time. I went for a 100cal Protein shake. What an awesome idea...tons of good stuff and protein to keep my tummy full. Then at 8pm I went for a 20min walk.

Whew....now for day 2. We will be camping this weekend so I will have to check in again on Sunday. Nothing after 7:30pm...today...Sat...and Sun.... :wink: Stay committed.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    No..no..no..no not hubbie bashing!

Well, sometimes even the best hubbies need calibrated. But not as much…. :wink:

I guess I am lucky my first love ended up being my true love. Now nearly18 years later and life is still grand and great. However, we would never make it this long without clearing out the baggage and getting over it, whatever IT was.

Sorry to hear about it Vita! Hang in there… Great job on the 3lbs!!!

This Hubby is barely making the “average” grade on the snacking program. :sad: :sad:

11 days into June
    5 days no-snack total
    2 days current no-snack streak

Trying to improve the report card to “above average”. Can’t wait, my Momma will be sooo proud!
  • zaza54
    Options
    rainman, just think about us when you're tempted to snack at night. If you report in every day, you really won't want to confess falling off the wagon. :wink: So, stay on it and stay strong. Tomorrow, will be 3 consecutive days for you!

It is hard and I almost blew it last night. We got home from the movies 5 minutes after my cut-off. As my husband raided the fridge, I made a beeline upstairs. It worked. I resisted. So, 11 consecutive days so far. :happy:

Hang in there everyone. The week-end is hard, but let's try to get through this.
    Zaza
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    So, I'm in the living room half an hour after my cut off time, reading my book, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a handful of peanuts and a few Reese's peanut butter mini cups just JUMPED on me and tackled me down! I was cut off guard and helpless...I felt so invaded! It was horrible.
    I really need to get those out of my house. What a nightmare!:noway:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Zaza, June seems to be your month! :flowerforyou: Or is this a new you? And is your ticker up-to--date?

Rainman, you are doing great, for a beginner, trust me! I remember how many times I was setting my counter back to 0, back in those days where the consecutive nights was the only thing that counted. At some point I felt so tired of reporting failure, that I just stuck with my plan! However, rainman, I think you can do even better! :flowerforyou:

Ildi, don't be to hard on yourself. Just enough to move on and be a better girl next time. I so appreciate your honesty! :flowerforyou:

Grammymax and phatphanny, you are so good, that I don't have anything to say :glasses: .

Where's Wanda? And our bride, Kirstine23?

As for me, :drinker: YEAH, I'm really not putting anything in my mouth past 9, except for water, even if I'm going to bed past midnight. OK, I'm having a good dinner usually, but still. Saturday I'll most likely go out past midnight, so I've gotta figure out an exception for it. Maybe say, I'll make sure that the last thing having calories that I'll have, is 2 hrs before crashing into bed? Does that sound fair to you, ladies? There should be some dancing involved, so I'll burn the calories as I consume them :D.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    So, I'm in the living room half an hour after my cut off time, reading my book, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a handful of peanuts and a few Reese's peanut butter mini cups just JUMPED on me and tackled me down! I was cut off guard and helpless...I felt so invaded! It was horrible.

hah, I like how you describe that - they TACKLE me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: Don't worry, though, you can do it!

12 days in a row of me (yessssssss!) I think that's a record.

Rainman - last month, I always ALWAYS messing up. Don't worry. You learn from experience!:smile:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Great job fitgal!! :flowerforyou: I'm right there with you. I think we have quite a competition going for June. How's everyone else doing? Esther? Wanda?

Hi dewdrop! I'm so glad you're doing so well this month too. Tonight, and any night that you're out late, should be an exception. I think 2 hours before bedtime sounds like a very reasonable cut-off. Have fun tonight!!! :drinker:
    By the way, my ticker is up to date. I try to weigh myself every morning so I don't get out of control. While June has been a good month for this challenge, I am not doing well with calories. I have real self-control (lack thereof :laugh:) issues. But, I keep trying. I am making headway here so I have to keep trying in the calorie dept too.

ildi007, I've lived that Reese's nightmare too. But, it's one night. Now, you just jump back on the wagon.:wink:

Have a good week-end everyone. Let's all try really hard not to snack past our cut-off times. Remember, you can adjust the time for week-ends if you're out or for special occasions.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Don't you just hate that flying food!? Have you seen the WW commercial about the hungry bug? I live that a lot with cravings.

I have 12 nights behind me. I was tempted last night but looked at the clock and said to myself, "self, don't even think about it". So I didn't.

Rainman: Hang in there. We've all had to start over somewhere along the line.

Zaza: My goal is to be where you are now. I have about the same amount to lose as you do.

dewdrop: 2 hours before bed is a good cutoff I think. That's basically what mine is. My bedtime is usually the same every night whether week night or weekend.

Have a great day,
    Esther

Have a great day everyone.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    12 days and counting and I feel so good. I've been walking in the evenings now that's it's nice out so that has totally saved me from sticking around the house and wanting to graze just 'cause I can.

Keep up the good work everyone! :smokin:
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Thank you for all you support against the attacking Reese's cups. I defeated them last nigth and stopped eating 1 1/2 hour before my cut off time. Yeay!
    I hope you all having a healthy-happy day!:flowerforyou:
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Dewdrop, Esther, fitgal, zaza, and everyone…. thank you so much for the encouragement. I will admit though… I am 60 days into my P90X fitness program and down about 18 lbs and 5” or so on waist. So I say WOOHOO to that as I bought new jeans last week. Even if the snacking isn’t perfect, I am happy with the progress, and most important, I am happy with me. I start the last 30-day phase tomorrow, and will start it with a no-snack night. THANK-YOU all so much!! You are all awesome!

Wow… those PBcups have a nasty temper :mad: :mad: … hope you are OK? That is so funny! Cracked me UP! :laugh: :laugh:
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Dewdrop, Esther, fitgal, zaza, and everyone…. thank you so much for the encouragement. I will admit though… I am 60 days into my P90X fitness program and down about 18 lbs and 5” or so on waist. So I say WOOHOO to that as I bought new jeans last week. Even if the snacking isn’t perfect, I am happy with the progress, and most important, I am happy with me. I start the last 30-day phase tomorrow, and will start it with a no-snack night. THANK-YOU all so much!! You are all awesome!

Wow… those PBcups have a nasty temper :mad: :mad: … hope you are OK? That is so funny! Cracked me UP! :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I wish thtay they could have come to my house and saved you those feelings:bigsmile:
    REALLY I wish thta they had come!!!!
    SO EVERYONE !!!!!!!!! last night I BLEW IT FOR THE FIRST TIME:grumble: :grumble: :noway: :grumble: :noway: It wasn't anything delish.....it was yogurt:huh: :noway: :grumble: :angry: But what the hey, im jumping back on the bus today:bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try this challenge if it's ok with everyone.

I'm setting my time at 9:00. I had it at 8 for a long time and I found myself very hungery at about 11pm so I'm going to try for 9pm.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Welcome Samanta. You are welcome to join us. It's a fun group!

Not my cutoff time but I'm sure I'll be okay :tongue: I'm going to try anyway!

Have a great evening.
    Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Welcome Samanta. You are welcome to join us. It's a fun group!

Not my cutoff time but I'm sure I'll be okay :tongue: I'm going to try anyway!

Have a great evening.
    Esther
    Oops - I meant Welcome Samantha! :laugh: