Is this work approriate?

Options

Replies

• DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not work appropriate. If you wear those to work your co workers, especially the females, will talk about you and question your professionalism.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love platform heels, but I don't think the gold glitter is approriate for the work enviroment...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The color of the shoes isn't appropriate for the office. Not the shoe itself. Love the dress by the way.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would wear them. But mind you I wear fishnet stockings....actually have some on right now...to work. You just have to know your work place.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The color of the shoes isn't appropriate for the office. Not the shoe itself. Love the dress by the way.

Agreed!
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No to the shoes, yes to the dress.
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love em, but they are more appropriate for work if you were a dancer. I used to bounce at a Pretty decent club in Chicago and the girls would die for shoes like that ;)
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I save my glitter platforms for New Year's Eve and GNOs... :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    no. not appropriate for work, unless you are the tooth fairy or work at Disney
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Great shoes but not for work.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Love the dress, not really feeling the shoes...too much glitter.

Not very professional looking either. I'd definitely go with a more "conservative" shoe...especially in banking :)
  • Naomirp7
    Naomirp7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I think that if the shoes were without the glitter then it would be only okay. The type of shoe and color are cute, but the style is a bit flashy for a professional environment.

The dress is very cute and very appropriate!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Do you sit behind a desk? If it's just your colleagues that see them there's no harm.... I guess it depends on the workplace culture...some places appreciate a little creativity.
    I think the public may perceive it as a little out there for a banker.
    They are beauties though!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'd say they are lovely but too dressy for work, I personally wouldn't waste them wearing them to work!

That being said I always believe in bringing a bit of glitz around Christmas time.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    They certainly draw attention, but I don't think that they are inappropriate. They would be inappropriate if you weren't dressed as conservatively. I think they are acceptable, but understand that they will draw attention.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    the dress is the shoes are a bit too flashy for work lol
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're work appropriate, especially at a bank.

My rule of thumb is "If you have to ask 'is this work appropriate?" then it probably isn't.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous you can go sleeveless at work. I have a Denim dress that I can't wear to work because it has no sleeves. I would love to wear it, but can't without a jacket. Which would be too hot in the summer.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I think they are fun and they would be OK, but not in a dress it makes them a little too.... fancy. Wear them with pants and then when you pop our from behind a desk or something, BAM gold sparkly shoes!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Put them on, walk with confidence and wear the **** out of those shoes. Those are damn cute shoes and if you can work it with a smile you can pull it off.