Is this work approriate?

Options

Replies

• spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    That dress is GREAT!! Not so much with the shoes for work. Going out, they would be great.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The color and glitter isn't. In a solid color like black, blue, red, etc they would be fine. The same size heel with a skinnier heel--no bueno. Another way you can punch up your outfit is to add nice fashion jewelry in contrasting colors. You can also use colored cardigans and skinny belts.

This is the second time I've read this. Nude/champagne colored shoes aren't appropriate?

God. I'm never leaving my current job.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Suepr cute! You are adorable. From the front - I'd say heck ya they are awesome, but closer up the do look a little too flashy. I agree with slacks they would look work appropriate and for sure you can rock them after work! Hot shoes, hot body =)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The color and glitter isn't. In a solid color like black, blue, red, etc they would be fine. The same size heel with a skinnier heel--no bueno. Another way you can punch up your outfit is to add nice fashion jewelry in contrasting colors. You can also use colored cardigans and skinny belts.

This is the second time I've read this. Nude/champagne colored shoes aren't appropriate?

God. I'm never leaving my current job.

I think they really mean the glitter. I wear those color shoes to work all the time, but not with glitter. I'm wearing gold sandals right now. :-)
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    very nice with the black dress, however, I agree with most everyone else, save it for a night out or something.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Super cute shoes! However, I would not wear to work! My opinion, bring bring along and head out after for some fun:-)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    not appropriate at all for your work environment
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe it depends on the part of the country/world you live in. Small town, not very trendy...then probably not okay for work. HOWEVER, if you're in a more trendy, liberal area, I don't see the problem. I work in a hospital and wear shoes like that on a daily basis (hot pink stilettos with metal spikes today)!!

I live in an extremely liberal area and would not wear them to work. They're night on the town shoes, not office shoes.
    AGREED! Unless you have extremely open-minded managers--Those Spiked Pink Stilettos aren't saying MGMT Material.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i'd say no. my rule is if its platform or glittery, its not for work.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Dress is appropriate but not the shoes (for work). But I LOVE them!
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    But you are ROCKING that dress. Love love love it. Save the shoes for a night out.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    If you click your heels three times, you'ld be sent to Las Vegas.

And what stays there....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I've worked as an auditor and in the corporate offices of a bank. I'm pretty sure my superiors at either job would not have been thrilled with those. Our bank's COO was the most serious, stuffiest man I have ever met. It would have been fun to walk into his offices wearing those!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I wear super sexy shoes to work, a lot - sort of like the Carrie Bradshaw of Accounting. However, I don't think the shoes do the dress any justice, even for night out wear. A super sexy open-toe black pump would have set the whole thing off and been work suitable. As well, open-toe, no strap would elongate your (awesome) legs.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe it depends on the part of the country/world you live in. Small town, not very trendy...then probably not okay for work. HOWEVER, if you're in a more trendy, liberal area, I don't see the problem. I work in a hospital and wear shoes like that on a daily basis (hot pink stilettos with metal spikes today)!!

I live in an extremely liberal area and would not wear them to work. They're night on the town shoes, not office shoes.
    AGREED! Unless you have extremely open-minded managers--Those Spiked Pink Stilettos aren't saying MGMT Material.

Funny...considering I AM management in my department. :noway:
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think they're great shoes to take with you in the morning so you can slip them on after work and be ready for a nice evening out.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options

lol...I love my stilettos! I wear open toe pums, wedges and stilettos to work. Personally I dont like the glitter shoes but we def. wear stuff like that at my clinic.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I work at a bank too. Love the shoes but to answer your question no they are not work appropriate. My slogan is , if you would wear them to the bar dont wear them to work. They are just too glittery. A client would take you more serious if you had on more serious shoes.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I think they are great,and totally fine for work. You look great BTW
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I dress like that at work all the time! But I'd say exchange the gold glitter shoes for either solid black strappy stilettos or black and white wingtip mary janes

I said the same thing. I love mary janes!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Sexy shoes, YES!!!
    Too sexy for the workplace...DEFINITELY!!!

You look FABULOUS in that dress though..very cute figure :smile: