Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    HOT DAMN!! Yeah it is!! I love your style. Looks great
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The color and glitter isn't. In a solid color like black, blue, red, etc they would be fine. The same size heel with a skinnier heel--no bueno. Another way you can punch up your outfit is to add nice fashion jewelry in contrasting colors. You can also use colored cardigans and skinny belts.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe it depends on the part of the country/world you live in. Small town, not very trendy...then probably not okay for work. HOWEVER, if you're in a more trendy, liberal area, I don't see the problem. I work in a hospital and wear shoes like that on a daily basis (hot pink stilettos with metal spikes today)!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sadly...no...they are not.

Don't cry my dear....wear them out this weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe it depends on the part of the country/world you live in. Small town, not very trendy...then probably not okay for work. HOWEVER, if you're in a more trendy, liberal area, I don't see the problem. I work in a hospital and wear shoes like that on a daily basis (hot pink stilettos with metal spikes today)!!

I live in an extremely liberal area and would not wear them to work. They're night on the town shoes, not office shoes.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :smile: LOVE the shoes....but not for work.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are AWWWWEEEESSSOOOME!!!! (<--- said in a high pitched voice! :bigsmile: )
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think they could work for... uh... work if you wore them with slacks instead of a dress. Pants would tone down the shoes, and the shoes would dress up the pants.

My thoughts as well.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Those are not office shoes. But they'd be great for a night out.
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sparkle is for night or children. Buy a new pair of shows and make it a pop of colour. Red shoes are always fun!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    They are amazing shoes. That being said I wouldn't wear them to the office :-(

Those shoes are hot, but the glitter is a bit much for an office environment. If they were a darker colour (black, sprinkled with glitter) then they'd be okay.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think they are more "formal" or "cocktail" than work attire. Unless you wore them with a longer pant...then you might be able to get away with them. I wear heels every day...typically around 3-4 inches (I'm a muchkin coming in at 5'1). The glitter makes them a little over the top for the work environment
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i dont see a problem w/ them IF you were wearing long balck pants, maybe ?? just a thought and my opinion
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I have those shoes, just without the strap. I personally only wear them when I go out, but if you can get away with wearing them at work, I'd say go for it. =)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Maybe for clubbin', not so much for work. :smile:
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Personally, I'd rock them.... but my work place sorta sits on the edge of their seat to see what crazy defiant thing I'll do next.... like the time I came in wearing a black 1950's swing style dress, hot pink sating pumps...with matching hot pink hair. Soooooo you've really just got to know your office and who you're working with.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I live in an extremely liberal area and would not wear them to work. They're night on the town shoes, not office shoes.

I work in an urban area. My co-worker would wear shoes like that in a heartbeat, with an even flashier dress. Personally, I like the idea of wearing them with slacks, but I wear slacks everyday. I don't see anything wrong with them as long as the dress is conservative. If the dress were as flashy as the shoes, I would probably say not work appropriate.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I dress like that at work all the time! But I'd say exchange the gold glitter shoes for either solid black strappy stilettos or black and white wingtip mary janes
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not work shoes...although you could probably get away with them at work if you were wearing a nice pair of black wide leg trouses that just let them peek out a little :)
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Appropriate, that word is supposed to be appropriate.

I have 2 pair of shoes, a very conservative pair and these sky high gold glitter ones. I'm a professional, not a "professional." (Auditor at a bank) Are they work appropriate, or should I change to the more conservative ones? Or are they okay, just not with this outfit?

shoes-front.jpg

shoes-closeup.jpg

shoes-rear.jpg

I love that outfit! I work in an office environment and I have to dress up everyday. I think you should add some black tights, black shoes and maybe add a short quarter length shrug.