Men- this is why we hate you.

Options
Ok so I am not being completely serious here people, no need to be offended.

BUT. My boyfriend recently got an account here (mostly to maintain weight, but for the first week we had his settings the same as mine just out of curiousity) and all I can say is you guys SUCK! You get so many more cals to eat, and more cals for exercises. Not to mention your levels of sodium, sugar, etc are all upped (obviously). Now I understand WHY it is like this (no need for the education behind this, thanks) I am just ranting and seeing what others think about this.

I have had my boyfriend tell me he has no idea how I stay under my calories most of the time. It is very annoying when I workout and burn about 600 calories and he has not all day and he still can eat hundreds of calories more and be fine. GRR! As if women don't already have to deal with menstruating and menopause and childbirth and BOOBS, for goodness sake.

Ok. End rant. :D

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    HEY!! I'm offended!! BOOBS are awesome! :bigsmile:

My husband decides he's going to run every day and cut out soda.. he loses 10lbs. I work out for a year.. I'm at 9lbs lost. :indifferent: LOL
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    haha, i agree. my boyfriend isn't trying to lose weight, just maintain, and last week he was telling me he lost weight somehow. grr. i wish i could just magically lose weight without even trying ;) (i know, i know.. he's been golfing more which means a lot of walking and extra cardio which leads to more cals burned but STILL)
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Ahh it's good to be king.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Haha. I love the days I eat 2700 and am still over a 1k deficit.....
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

Haha. I love the days I eat 2700 and am still over a 1k deficit.....

Plus there's peeing standing up.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    i think the difference is purely based on size and job roles. :-) im 6ft 2 and can eat 2500 calories to stay the same (approx). i have sedentary job. if i got a manual handling job i would have to eat 4000 calories just to maintain weight. now on the flip reverse of your problem, try eating 4000 cals healthily! tell me your not bloated lol.

imagine though i am laborourer and eating my current diet, id lose weight so fast i would be in hospital with a month due to mal nutrition, etc. work with what you got, small gals are sexy IMO but your portions need to be small also. saying that though i can live on 1500 cals very easily and still eat a descent amount of food. just no unhealthy snacks.
  • SinIsIn
    Options

you suck Greg
  • kari_
    kari_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. My boyfriend & I will run together... the exact same distance, pace, & duration. We both wear heart rate monitors that calculate the amount of Calories burned. At the end, he will have burned 3 times for Calories than me. Completely frustrating ;)
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My husband is dropping weight like crazy after downloading and using this app. Makes me sick. I am happy for him and proud of him, but my weight does not come off as easy as his does...and I work out more. You are right...Guys suck! ;)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recently decided he was going to "get back into shape." Mind you, he's never really been out of shape, per se, he's a natural athlete and played sports his whole life, but he hasn't seen the inside of a gym in probably a good few years. So this past month he got a membership at my gym and started casually hitting it up. He'll go maybe 3 or 4 times a week, play basketball for a while, then hit up the weights. He eats ok, but not amazing, and drinks beer on the weekends with his friends. Basically, I work about 3 times as hard as he does overall on the whole "eating right and exercising" thing. It has take me months to see progress, but a few weeks of moderate work, and I've already noticed a 6 pack forming on him. WTF. NOT. FAIR.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I swear, my husband can go get the mail and do the same as I do in an asss kicking workout. Oh well....;)
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

you suck Greg

I love you too Mari :laugh:

You're just jealous 'cause you want my girlfriend. :tongue:
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options

My husband decides he's going to run every day and cut out soda.. he loses 10lbs. I work out for a year.. I'm at 9lbs lost. :indifferent: LOL

Haha I love my boobs too, but back when they were much bigger they were a pain SO much. Yowza!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I agree.. my husband eats junk everyday, never works out and is thin except a tiny pudge around his middle.. I watch what I eat and exercise and I have pudge everywhere..it's not fair!!:sad: good thing he's dreamy or I might hate him
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

Haha I love my boobs too, but back when they were much bigger they were a pain SO much. Yowza!

This is a moot point, everyone loves boobs.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Plus there's peeing standing up.
    [/quote]

What I wouldnt do for this
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Really? I always thought it was because you're so right all the time \m/
  • SinIsIn
    Options

you suck Greg

I love you too Mari :laugh:

You're just jealous 'cause you want my girlfriend. :tongue:

Just so you know... I can have your girlfriend any time I want. :devil:
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    I agree.. my husband eats junk everyday, never works out and is thin except a tiny pudge around his middle.. I watch what I eat and exercise and I have pudge everywhere..it's not fair!!:sad: good thing he's dreamy or I might hate him

haha I tell my boyfriend the same thing (basically) all the time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I know what you mean.

My boyfriend is SO unhealthy. He eats crap. as many calories as he wants and doesn't deliberately exercise. Meanwhile, he's skinny as a rail and I've been at a plateau for nine months now, despite working out like crazy and eating extremely healthy and counting calories. Makes me want to kick him!
This discussion has been closed.