Men- this is why we hate you.

Options

Replies

• ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ahh it's good to be king.

Haha. I love the days I eat 2700 and am still over a 1k deficit.....

Plus there's peeing standing up.

LOL :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My husband gets more cals b/c he's 6 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Ugh! I know what you mean.

My boyfriend is SO unhealthy. He eats crap. as many calories as he wants and doesn't deliberately exercise. Meanwhile, he's skinny as a rail and I've been at a plateau for nine months now, despite working out like crazy and eating extremely healthy and counting calories. Makes me want to kick him!

My boyfriend is struggling more than I am to get calories in all of the time...He tells me we need to stop buying healthy foods haha. UGH.

Oh goodness. If I continue talking about this I am going to end up being a butt to my boyfriend all day for no real reason. I must stop! haha :D
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My hubby joined and I started to cook dinner and asked him how many cals he had left and whether he needed carbs, protein whatever. He replied with I have "insert huge amount here" left and I need a bit of everything.

I had 500 cals and ended up making three portions and giving him two of them!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Plus there's peeing standing up.

What I wouldn't do for this
    [/quote]

My sentiments exactly!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    HEY!! I'm offended!! BOOBS are awesome! :bigsmile:

My husband decides he's going to run every day and cut out soda.. he loses 10lbs. I work out for a year.. I'm at 9lbs lost. :indifferent: LOL

Haha I love my boobs too, but back when they were much bigger they were a pain SO much. Yowza!

This is a moot point, everyone loves boobs.

Boobs are the only thing that trumps bacon.

I love women even when they hate me for losing 4lbs over a weekend eating nothing but bacon, beer, and biscuits.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    =D being a 220 lb man that works out, I get to eat about 3000 calories and not worry about gaining so long as my workout happened.

It's nice.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes. I remember my 20's and 30's too.

Ladies, just wait until your men hit mid to upper 40's. Not quite as easy. I work my freaking *kitten* off for 1/2 lb.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    As if women don't already have to deal with menstruating and menopause and childbirth and BOOBS, for goodness sake.

Ok. End rant. :D

For the record... we will gladly deal with your boobs for you. :laugh: :drinker:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Completely agree. My boyfriend & I will run together... the exact same distance, pace, & duration. We both wear heart rate monitors that calculate the amount of Calories burned. At the end, he will have burned 3 times for Calories than me. Completely frustrating ;)

Are you shorter than him? I would think you would burn more (if you are shorter) being you take more strides to cover the same distance.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I know what you mean.

My boyfriend is SO unhealthy. He eats crap. as many calories as he wants and doesn't deliberately exercise. Meanwhile, he's skinny as a rail and I've been at a plateau for nine months now, despite working out like crazy and eating extremely healthy and counting calories. Makes me want to kick him!

My boyfriend is struggling more than I am to get calories in all of the time...He tells me we need to stop buying healthy foods haha. UGH.

Oh goodness. If I continue talking about this I am going to end up being a butt to my boyfriend all day for no real reason. I must stop! haha :D

And I'll also add that I've been running almost daily for more than a year and he can outrun me still and he's barely breaking a sweat.

NOT.FAIR.

Fraz -- the boyfriend will be 40 in June.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I know! My husband will say, "I think my love handles are getting bigger, I need to lose a few pounds" And then, 3 days later, he has lost the weight...it is like, all he has to do is say that he wants to lose some weight and it comes off.
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    At least your husband isn't trying to GAIN WEIGHT! My husband is & making my 200 calorie breakfast vs. his 600+ calorie breakfast is hilarious!!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this. It has always baffled me. Why what someone else gets or has matters. My neighbor has a beautiful new truck and can afford to put gas in it, good for him. I know people that don't work nearly as hard as I do that make a lot more money. Good for them. Some people have more calories, some less, good for them. I just guess I don't get being jealous of others or what they have. What works for them works, what works for me works. I am glad that they are successful, even more so if it doesn't take a great deal of effort.
    Just my outlook.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I actually eat more then my boyfriend most days. He recently started watching his calories and exercising and i've been at it for a long time. I constantly tell him he needs to eat more and eventually i'll get my point across. Perhaps he will when he starts lifting with me. :) AND I LOVE BOOBS!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same way I work out everyday and watch what I eat. He orders only one cheeseburger from mcdonalds on his lunchbreak instead of two and loses 5lbs in a week. I gain 5lbs thinking about a cheeseburger.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ah the differences between men and women. Some things, no matter how hard we try to be equal, will just not be the same between us. For me it's nothing to get frustrated or aggravated about. I encourage my husband to eat more. He was trying to keep up with me because "dieting by yourself is no fun" but he was so lethargic and moody. I armed myself with some websites and medical studies and a couple of boards here and explained why he can not sustain himself on 1200-1400 calories a day! Then gave him an extra serving of veggies and a half extra piece of chicken at dinner. He looked at his plate and then at mine and said "is this fair?" I said "No, but you need it, I don't"

just the way the cookie crumbles for me
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    My husband stated once that he could lose more weight than me in a shorter amount of time... which is probably true, as guys usually have an easier time losing weight (damn estrogen getting in the way)... I keep hoping he will bring that up again so I can dare him to the challange... Buahahahaha!!!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    We get paid more for the same job too.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Yes. I remember my 20's and 30's too.

Ladies, just wait until your men hit mid to upper 40's. Not quite as easy. I work my freaking *kitten* off for 1/2 lb.

That's what I keep telling my bf. Over and over I'm like "just wait, you're almost 30, it's all downhill from there!"

Unless he's some freak of nature like my dad was, who seemed to be in amazing shape without exercise and kind of a crappy diet until he got sick in his late 50s...(note, the sickness was not related to the lack of exercise or crappy diet...long story).
This discussion has been closed.