Men- this is why we hate you.

Options

Replies

• HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I know! My husband will say, "I think my love handles are getting bigger, I need to lose a few pounds" And then, 3 days later, he has lost the weight...it is like, all he has to do is say that he wants to lose some weight and it comes off.

Exactly, it's the magic words of "I think" and then it happens. Nothing has changed, just the think part was included and the pounds run away screaming. So unfair! I've been thinking for years and no pounds are jumping ship quite as quickly as his are :grumble:

Maybe if his extra pounds would chase me around for a while . . . . .:wink:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you all were survivors on a deserted island, with no food, i bet u'd be happy to be a woman and have more fat:))) just my 2 cents, lol.

I prefer my meat without the gristle.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Plus a higher salary on average. Damn it's good to be male.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Men have it easy because they can't handle it hard.

What a bunch of femenist bull crap.

If tearing others (men) down makes you feel better about yourself, that's just sad.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey! We women are strong! We can take childbirth because we can handle the pain, we can take menopause because our body can handle the change, we take menstruation because our body can handle the responsibilities of giving life and we can take breasts because our body can handle the weight.

Yeah we don't burn as many calories but that's because we can handle the extra workout and we have the self control to stay at our calories goals.

So don't be discouraged.

So yeah, it feels amazing to be queen, it may be hard....but that's because we can handle it.

I like this! :) You have a good point!

I just sang "I'm Every Woman" in my head reading this.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Cuz were men and were AWESOME. Except you ladies have boobs and multiple O's.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Ahh! :P I've been doing zumba for almost 3 years now, granted I wasn't eating healthy for most of those but now I am, i've lost 16lbs. This guy I know started doing zumba less than a year ago...he's lost 40lbs....:indifferent: not fair! :P
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    Don't hate :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

If tearing others (men) down makes you feel better about yourself, that's just sad.

Dude...do you need a hug this morning?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Keep dreaming. LOL
  • trinawynne75052
    Options
    Hey, I am with you!
  • philly_rack
    Options
    i constantly tell my husband how much he sucks. We started working out at the same time and he has lost like 35 almost 40 pounds. Guys completely suck!!!!!!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey! We women are strong! We can take childbirth because we can handle the pain, we can take menopause because our body can handle the change, we take menstruation because our body can handle the responsibilities of giving life and we can take breasts because our body can handle the weight.

Yeah we don't burn as many calories but that's because we can handle the extra workout and we have the self control to stay at our calories goals.

So don't be discouraged.

So yeah, it feels amazing to be queen, it may be hard....but that's because we can handle it.

Mostly agree with this, it's a bit of a stretch to say all men can't handle hard because there are a few but they aren't as common as I'd like.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Plus there's peeing standing up.

What I wouldnt do for this

The shower is a woman's urinal.
    Well, all I know is I have two heads, both are bald, one is blind, and the other needs contacts.

I lost a bet when a girl showed me how she can pee standing up and the calorie thing...we have two brains to feed! Oh yes ladies it thinks for itself!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    =D being a 220 lb man that works out, I get to eat about 3000 calories and not worry about gaining so long as my workout happened.

It's nice.
    I hate you! :happy:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Not really, but a hug is always nice. :happy:

I just can't handle people being discrimnatory. :sick:
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this. It has always baffled me. Why what someone else gets or has matters. My neighbor has a beautiful new truck and can afford to put gas in it, good for him. I know people that don't work nearly as hard as I do that make a lot more money. Good for them. Some people have more calories, some less, good for them. I just guess I don't get being jealous of others or what they have. What works for them works, what works for me works. I am glad that they are successful, even more so if it doesn't take a great deal of effort.
    Just my outlook.

ok, this is what is going on in the woman's head:

-yay, I'm doing good, I'm on track, I'm doing it, I'm doing it!
    -oh look, my Other Half wants to join, nice!
    -dinner time! we make the portions nicely even: for the bigger one (the guy, that is) more calories because he needs it... Calories all on track!
    -excercise time! we go do the same amount of time, slightly different things though proportionally the same effort.
    -Weighing time! I step on the scales: no change. I suppose that's good enough, at least I didn't gain... he steps on the scale: 4 lb difference!

*bang head against wall and cry alone in misery* Makes one wonder if that saying by Margaret Thatcher: "In order for a woman to be successful, she must work twice as hard as a man" is really true in EVERY aspect of life.

It's not so much an envy thing as it is a self-loathing thing which you really don't want to admit because overall, you know you're doing well and at least you didn't gain, but godDAMNIT somebody is doing something by magic!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options

Geez.......there's always atleast one person who'll come along and pee on the party.
    Lighten up....it's all in fun. We're not in church!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

i need a hug
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    plus we don't feel the need to complain about something every 30 seconds, maybe there's a link between whining and weight gain...
This discussion has been closed.