Men- this is why we hate you.

Options

Replies

• CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options

My husband decides he's going to run every day and cut out soda.. he loses 10lbs. I work out for a year.. I'm at 9lbs lost. :indifferent: LOL

This! It's infuriating!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this. It has always baffled me. Why what someone else gets or has matters. My neighbor has a beautiful new truck and can afford to put gas in it, good for him. I know people that don't work nearly as hard as I do that make a lot more money. Good for them. Some people have more calories, some less, good for them. I just guess I don't get being jealous of others or what they have. What works for them works, what works for me works. I am glad that they are successful, even more so if it doesn't take a great deal of effort.
    Just my outlook.

It's not jealousy. It's frustration. I have to practically starve myself to lose half a pound while the man I live with can eat 5,000 calories and he's good to go. We work damned hard to lose (partly to live up to some Hollywood ideal) and can barely make it.

We're not allowed to be frustrated?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Plus we can pee anywhere! Viva la penis!

Yeah, we still have the boobs. Moobs just aren't as awesome.

Exactly....I love bewbs :love:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Hey. I can pee anywhere I want, too. You know. Wear a skirt...drip it down my legs. That's the way to go!
    hahaha.
    Yes, but to write your name legibly in the snow you would have to lay down a stencil first!
    Mutated penguins! Ha ha! That's a goodie!

I don't see how a stencil would help much, actually. For the most part I think I would just run out of urine! You guys get to just stand there while doing that...us ladies would have to waddle all around the yard like mutated penguins.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Hey. I can pee anywhere I want, too. You know. Wear a skirt...drip it down my legs. That's the way to go!
    hahaha.
    Yes, but to write your name legibly in the snow you would have to lay down a stencil first!
    lmao!! yeah, that may he hard for us!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yes. I remember my 20's and 30's too.

Ladies, just wait until your men hit mid to upper 40's. Not quite as easy. I work my freaking *kitten* off for 1/2 lb.

Yep, I lift, I run, I eat well but the only place I'm losing is my hairline.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Please don't shoot me, this is really just for comic relief, because it really is a bit absurd given how many people on MFP struggle to lose the pounds.

I went from trying to lose 25 pounds (from 195) starting in Dec/11 to now wanting to gain 5 pounds because I overshot my goal weight. To make matters worse, I'm "middle-aged" (almost 49) so in theory it should be tougher to shed the pounds than a younger person. Hoping to gain the 5 pounds as muscle mass mostly, doing limited cardio but lifting 3X weekly and I'm struggling to gain by eating 2,500 (quality) calories a day.

If your parents taught you that life is fair, they were lying. Happy Easter.
  • Dmarieforcier
    Dmarieforcier Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I dont get it! FRUSTRATING !!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Awfully harsh title and a stupid reason to hate half of the population.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My brother was the most fit person in my family (played football, weight trained, etc)...then he hit 27 and BAM!

Besides, ladies, come on now.... all that hard work you're putting in will pay off when you're 30 and the same size and your hubby has a spare monster truck tire hanging around :flowerforyou:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Pancakes are tasty.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    We get paid more for the same job too.

Not where I work, you don't :)
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know! My husband will say, "I think my love handles are getting bigger, I need to lose a few pounds" And then, 3 days later, he has lost the weight...it is like, all he has to do is say that he wants to lose some weight and it comes off.

My Fiancee is the same way! He sits on the couch with the puppy while I do my workouts and just says he is starting to get a belly and should do a workout and magically 2-3 days later he yells down the hall "Hey babe I dropped 6lbs!" WTF???? He plays basketball and tennis and golf on weekends and thats it. I kick my *kitten* 6 days a week for a half a pound.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Pancakes are tasty.

I write songs about pancakes.

Sorry ladies, what can we tell you.. :flowerforyou:
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey! We women are strong! We can take childbirth because we can handle the pain, we can take menopause because our body can handle the change, we take menstruation because our body can handle the responsibilities of giving life and we can take breasts because our body can handle the weight.

Yeah we don't burn as many calories but that's because we can handle the extra workout and we have the self control to stay at our calories goals.

So don't be discouraged.

So yeah, it feels amazing to be queen, it may be hard....but that's because we can handle it.

PS: I seem to be getting a lot of backlash about this so I apologize if I offended anyone. I really didn't think it would be taken so heavy.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My husband started his weight loss journey a full month after me and as already caught up to my weight loss. Pretty sure he's going to pass me this week.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Sorry about that Y chromosome again
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ahh it's good to be king.

Haha. I love the days I eat 2700 and am still over a 1k deficit.....

True story:
    I tried to do that once...just to see what it was like..

Pee went EVERYWHERE.....back then I didn't know you needed a nozzle:sad:

Plus there's peeing standing up.
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband has not changed his eating habits at all since I started this. In fact, he may have gotten worse. However, he's lost 15 pounds!! He jokes that it's sympathy weight loss and that every time I work out HE loses weight. I find it a lot less funny than he does. :grumble:
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    haha, I was ranting abou thte same thing to my hubby last sat when we went to the gym together. when I burned 100+ cal's in about 20 mins I was all proud of myself, when I looked at hubby's machine and it said 450! GRRRR Men have it so easy!!
This discussion has been closed.