Why do women wear makeup?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I hate wearing makeup and view it as a chore. It has to be a special occasion for me to put anything on. With that being said, I do wear eyeliner on my bottom lids every other day just to have some color. That's it. On the days where I wear more than that, it is only eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara. Never anything else. I just don't see the point in wearing more than that or wasting tons of money on it. :)
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup. Full stop. However I have a skin disease (vitiligo) that means I have large patches of my body where my skin has lost its pigmentation.

Only place it is showing on my face right now is at the corner of one of my eyes. However the patches usually spread and I don't know yet how I will react when I do get visible markings on my face. Will I start having to wear makeup? Will I be vain enough to want plastic surgery (which thankfully I can't afford)? I'm not sure yet.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I only wear eye linger and the occasional lip gloss. I only wear foundation when I'm going out to special events (weddings, formal dances, banquets, etc.). But that little bit of lip gloss goes a long way for me. It makes me feel less naked
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup, and my husband thinks I look beautiful just as I am. I never had to dress up or make myself look a certain way to please him.

Even in highschool I never used anything but chapstick or lipgloss (because i'm a sucker for things that smell and/or taste like berries)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Not sure which is better really but I wear makeup because I believe it is an expectation at work and so on.. I also have different hair in those pics

No makeup

199636_5363843097_657433097_215257_7048_n.jpg

Makeup

IMG_0248.JPG

Btw, reading through this thread there are some very pretty girls on here (with or without makeup!)
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone must watch jenna marbles video!

lmao I was thinking of that video too!
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know women wear makeup for a thousand different reasons. Personally, I use it to accentuate specific features, draw attention away from others (like if my skin isn't all fresh baby butt), things like that. But as for everyday wear, I usually just use powder to even out my skin and then just do my eyes, which can range from only mascara to a full smokey eye. Just depends on the day and mood. :) I think I look fine without makeup, but I think makeup makes my eyes pop more, which is nice in the winter when my skin is almost the same color as the whites of my eyes. ;)

Without makeup, after swimming:

swimming.jpg

With makeup, and possibly a little alcohol :P :

006b.jpg