When people unfriend you, for being human!!

Options

Replies

• wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It very quickly becomes evident which friends are here for mutual support and motivation, and which ones are here simply to lurk around and snoop on everyone else. I tend to keep the former and delete the latter...because they quite simply are not my "friends".

If that makes me a snob or a pompous *kitten* in your eyes, then I'll accept your opinion of me too...doesn't bother me in the least!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    you know what, its slightly different when you get thirty requests a day and need to cut out the dead weight and make room for the new. Just like Im doing to my body.

I can agree with this as well in a way. The 'attractive female' aspect of these sites is a burden all its own. I get a lot of friend requests (most of my friends I didn't invite...by a large margin), but I know it's almost nothing compared to just your typical female on this site. 30 a day would be less than I expected to be honest.

Again, to each their own...I only posted initially to explain my reasons for NOT deleting people. I'm sure various of you have your own wonderfully valid reasons for deleting whomever you choose...some I even agree with. How often they log in for the most part just wasn't one of them, unless your friends list is full.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have logged for the last 500 days everyday. I want friends that are not trying but doing this. When I see someone not logging for 3 days, I delete them. If it makes me a snob ...then so be it. I have amazing friends.

It seems to me you only want friends who are going to support you, not friends that need your support. Being friends is a two way path. If someone if having a hard time, they probably need your encouragement. I don't think it makes you a snob but I do think it makes you something else...

How does wanting friends who are just as motivated and committed as you are a bad thing?! Why is is her or my or anyone else's responsibility to encourage and motivate someone who, for all we can tell, stopped using the site?!

Someone who's having a hard time will get encouragement and support if they say, "I'm having a hard time right now." But to expect others to hunt them down and beg them to come back when they stop using the site... that's just kinda crazy and totally self-absorbed. That's not being a friend. That's being a sponge.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I have to say, you know when people are real. I fell into a slump for about two months, but still checking into MFP here and there, I noticed I lost a few "friends" and that is fine. But here is my thing, real support is when people stick around in the bad not just when your doing good. And who made anyone the chief of perfection, just because someone doesn't log in or has some set backs I do not delete them, you don't know what anyone's personal struggles are. People trip me out with this, "If you don't log in daily I will delete you" Seriously, is your weight loss based on if someone else logs in or not, I am here whether you log in or not. Be humble, my goodness were not celebrity's.

I'm not sure why you care so much what random e-people do and don't do, whether they e-friend you or not. Half the e-people are fake anyways so who cares. Try not to get your e-feelings hurt or cause e-drama, avoid posting on e-websites, showing your e-face or your e-habits. Click on the little red X in the top right hand corner of your screen which is the the magical button delivering revenge to all your e-enemies on the e-forums, it shoots e-lasers into their e-profiles and makes them look like e-fools. I'm serious, these e-lasers are transported by e-trucks via tubes on the interwebs. Sometimes these tubes get clogged by e-trucks carrying e-butthurts from other e-people, in that case e-mail your congressman your e-complaints about those e-meanies and they will throw the e-offenders in e-jail and burn down the tubes of the interwebs with e-fire and you can laugh for days because you showed those e-idiots who's the e-boss.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I unfriend people because I dont like them. Perhaps that was the real reason?
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If one of my friends has not logged on for a while and I know they were truly commited to the cause I will send them a private message to make sure everything is OK. We all have life happen sometimes. If they were only partially committed, kept a crappy diary and have not responded to my private messages I will delete. I will sometimes, depending on the person tell them I am deleting and if they decide to come back I will be glad to offer support. I only want friends on my list that are here for the right reasons.
  • cbcw1964
    cbcw1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    absolutely agree with you....lest not forget whom we are....and on that note....who wants to friend me? lol...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have to say, you know when people are real. I fell into a slump for about two months, but still checking into MFP here and there, I noticed I lost a few "friends" and that is fine. But here is my thing, real support is when people stick around in the bad not just when your doing good. And who made anyone the chief of perfection, just because someone doesn't log in or has some set backs I do not delete them, you don't know what anyone's personal struggles are. People trip me out with this, "If you don't log in daily I will delete you" Seriously, is your weight loss based on if someone else logs in or not, I am here whether you log in or not. Be humble, my goodness were not celebrity's.

Honestly, your attitude kinda baffles me.

I love my MFP friends. They are awesome. However, they are also just random people I met over the interweb. With the exception of my sisters, I've never met a single one in person. I do not expect them to behave like real-world friends. I do not expect them to stick with me through thick and thin. I do not expect them to hold my hand and go out of their way to make me feel "loved" and "special".

It's the internet.

My MFP friends are real people... but they really don't have any reason to invest in a 'relationship' with me beyond the: hey! let's diet together and chat on a facebook-like profile and play on the forums and stuff.

Anyhow.... I delete people if they're gone too long. If they come back and are serious again, all they have to do is ask and I'll add them back.

Hey! You've met me!! *pout*
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people and i am sure i have been deleted too. who cares. just like in real life, friends come and go...dont think it should be taken personally.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I hate when I find out that my friends are really human. I mean, come on people, I only want friends that are ALIENS! Is that too much to ask for?!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i deleted people before, and it was usually if they hadnt logged in for months, or if they never gave me support (ie, commenting on my burns, or diary ) not to sound rude, but why should i only be your support ? i need it too, and if im not getting it back, then you are gone..
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    Just because you're struggling that really doesn't mean you shouldn't log in your food. Once you stop logging, you stop holding yourself accountable, and is everyone on your friends list supposed to hold you accountable for yourself?

MFP friends are there to support you on your daily food logging, your exercise activities, questions you might have about fitness, or share recipes. When you feel blue, sure put up a status update and receive a pat on the back...but I definitely do NOT expect them to be "there for you" when I can't even log my own food. That's a whole different level of support that you might need your family or significant others to help you with.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I don't delete friends for not logging in but I do usually delete people that I don't really interact with much. Sooo....I'm sure that would be people who don't log in much
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    going to be honest here dont pull my head off, but to me if you dont log in it looks like you cant be arsed! if someone's on holiday or going to be away then thats a different story altogether

I understand what your saying, however, my weight loss isn't based on if the people on my page log in or not. I don't go through and check to see if someone has logged in and if I see the thread that they haven't logged in for 3 days or whatever, I don't just delete them. There have been times I was still working out and eating right, but I just didn't have time to log in, I have a life outside of here. People act like this is their only life, and if you don't log in than it's over. It's not that serious, I don't base my goals on others.

LMFAO I Agree
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If they delete you, oh well. Keep moving forward.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have logged for the last 500 days everyday. I want friends that are not trying but doing this. When I see someone not logging for 3 days, I delete them. If it makes me a snob ...then so be it. I have amazing friends.

Same here but I give them 7 - 10 days (holiday time) if you dont like it then tough!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I send a PM to see what's up and if they are ok-if I don't get a responce "DELETE"- sorry but I have high expectations for myself and my friends-it's my prerogative!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    People unfriend for different reasons. Hopefully, it's not because you're human. If it's because you slack... well, hmmm. I wouldn't blame anyone for unfriending me if I lost interest and quit logging in consistently.

There are people who spend a lot of time on here supporting and receiving support from their friends. We all have different amounts of time to spend... some people don't want too many friends because they'd rather have a closer knit group, etc.

Don't let it bother you. Just do what you need to do for yourself, get s*** done, ya know? In the end, the people who stick with you are the ones who matter.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I would just pick new friends. The truth is people have the right to accept and delete who they please. Don't worry, there are plenty other awesome people on here that you can be friends with. I don't mind you being my friend...but I love "active" friends...just my personality. Have a beautiful weekend/Easter.
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How close are you to these people anyway? If someone on here deletes me, I don't care, because the people with whom I have a strong bond would never do that.

I Agree..If sum1 deletes me I probably wouldnt even notice lol (unless its sum1 i actually talk to on here on the regular and those ppl Wldnt do that !!!