What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why so many ppl think there is some miracle to becoming thin. Do you think you got fat over night? No it took time and all those calories shoved down your throat to get that gut and thunder thighs and love handles. So stop reading some lame BS about drink this and your gut is gone blah blah blah garbage. Actually take care of your body and do it the right way or you'll just be sorry when you use the "miracle" and you gain everything plus some back. Your body doesn't need a detox or a cleanse, that's what your organs are designed to do. If you're bloated it from the garbage you are eating or a food allergy.

OR when ppl said omg ive been at this two weeks and haven't lost any weight....i want to smack them
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    When people accept hundreds of friends THEN decide they have too many and just cannot be supportive of them all so they start deleting them.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    People who complain about other individual's personal diets.
    like the one who said:
    "People losing weight the unhealthy way. Only eating 800 cals a day !"

who cares. mind your own business. you have your way of dieting and everyone else has theirs.

This site is a Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise ***Journal***.
    I disagree. I definitely feel like something should be said to those people. If I don't, I feel like if something bad happened...I'd be partially responsible. Some people are just uneducated about extremely low-calorie diets, and they need someone to talk some sense into them. I can't just sit here and let someone do that to themselves without saying anything. Maybe that's just the momma side of me? :blushing:
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    People who complain about other individual's personal diets.
    like the one who said:
    "People losing weight the unhealthy way. Only eating 800 cals a day !"

who cares. mind your own business. you have your way of dieting and everyone else has theirs.

This site is a Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise ***Journal***.
    THIS. If people want help, they'll ask for it.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    When a serving for let's say a bag of instant rice is 1 cup, and it says servings per container is "about 2". Sooo does that mean it is less than 2 servings, or a little more than 2 servings?! Messing up my calorie counts!

A lot of these fruits in the database are based on weight, not size and amount. I hate that.

5 strawberries dangit, not 10g of strawberries. I just wanna count my raw foods, not weigh them.

People who cheer on a person who burned 1800 calories supposedly. You know daggone well they didn't burn 1800 calories. You're dumb for believing that!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    People who cheer on a person who burned 1800 calories supposedly. You know daggone well they didn't burn 1800 calories. You're dumb for believing that!
    Sometimes people have FitBit that adds on daily cal burn. So when you go and add in 700 cals burned doing Zumba or Turbo Crap with a FitBit adjustment of 1100 then yeah it could add up. It takes a minute before FitBit updates itself and cancels out the double cals.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    People that add food to the database and don't bother to enter it accurately, with all the information, or even bother to spell it right.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    people who use weight training as an excuse to overeat.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    People that friend request you then are MIA... I give it about 2 weeks before I start deleting!
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

Then go to a G rated site. This is a grown up site with people who use grown up words. Deal with it.
    You left out some words. I can fix it thus:
    "This is a grown up site with people WHO HAVE LIMITED VOCABULARIES AND USE FOUL LANGUAGE TO COMPENSATE AND who use grown up words."
    However, all one needs to do is hang around a junior high crowd, and the frequent use of the F word refutes your claim that it's a grown up word.
    In a civilized environment, there is no need to use the term unless you are referring to sexual intercourse. Even then there are less offensive terms which should be utilized.
    As George Carlin discussed in one of his comedy routines, the word that should be one of the most beautiful in the world is the one you save for the end of the argument.

Calm down. You're going to have a f***ing aneurysm.

sorry, but this gave me a serious case of the giggles :D
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

Then go to a G rated site. This is a grown up site with people who use grown up words. Deal with it.
    You left out some words. I can fix it thus:
    "This is a grown up site with people WHO HAVE LIMITED VOCABULARIES AND USE FOUL LANGUAGE TO COMPENSATE AND who use grown up words."
    However, all one needs to do is hang around a junior high crowd, and the frequent use of the F word refutes your claim that it's a grown up word.
    In a civilized environment, there is no need to use the term unless you are referring to sexual intercourse. Even then there are less offensive terms which should be utilized.
    As George Carlin discussed in one of his comedy routines, the word that should be one of the most beautiful in the world is the one you save for the end of the argument.

Calm down. You're going to have a f***ing aneurysm.

sorry, but this gave me a serious case of the giggles :D

Original quoted should check out today's "salty language" thread...hehheh
  • FitMommie2012
    Options
    The fact that everybody thinks their way is the "right" way and everybody else is doing it wrong.

Hey I was thinking the same thing!!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    threads where someone is obviously wanting help, but everyone just attacks them.
    example i read one where a man found out he had early alzhimers, he looked back on his diary for the past two years and found out his low carb diet may have had something to do with it. he was trying to warm people about it, even if it wasnt the best advice. people responded to him with comments like "your stupid, low carb dosnt cause alzhimers" and "ive been doing low carb for years, you obviously were doing something horribly wrong" i wanted to cry. there was NO support givven threw the entire like 4 page thread. now i only stay on fun and games.

I remember that. It was awful. Then one idiot poster commented, "good luck with your Dr's appt -- if you don't forget it."
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Women who act like "TMO" is a big fricken mystery and when they gain a pound from water weight, act like it's never happened to anyone else and it's a major crisis. If they get a craving act like it's something they will not live through. The ones who think having a period somehow makes them a special case that needs investigation. It's a major deal every single day here on MFP. Sheese! Get real. SMH
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    " What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?"

Answer depends on whether I am hungry or not
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Hmmm Deleted one too many quotes; mine starts here.

I have news: This is, basically, a G rated site. Maybe you should read this. You could even skip to the heading about no profane language for a start.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

^ THIS!
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    People who log "cleaning" or "doing hair" as exercise! BS! No, you did not burn 1800 calories get real. People are really cheating themselves. It's called BMR!

I agree on the doing hair thing. but sometimes cleaning is a serious workout. Have you ever shampooed floors before, that is harder than mowing a lawn or vacuuming. When I clean I move furniture around to get under stuff. So if my shirt is soaked with sweat and I am panting like a dog then I will log it. Now I can see what you mean if someone logs doing their laundry or dishes. Unless you are over 400 pounds, that doesn't take much effort.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

^ THIS!

Suddenly got hungry! :bigsmile:
  • HorrorChix89
    Options