*rant* Don't tell me it tastes like...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy something, then why would you ever try to replace it with a "fake" version? Wouldn't it make more sense to you to enjoy what you love *in moderation* rather than deprive and substitute with versions that probably have more chemical additives and nasty crap in them anyway?

...just a thought...

Cauliflower is 100% nasty crap if you ask me. :)

So don't eat it. Whew, that was complicated to figure out!

So complicated, right??
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I was actually just having the same rant to myself, lol! "The Biggest Loser" meal bars are made of ground up dates and raisins, and are supposed to taste like chocolate... Not even close!!! They are terrible, if they were offered to those people who crased in the Andes mountains, I think they still would have eaten the dead bodies instead, Lol!

I definitely think they would have! lol
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options

On that note, the Pure Protein Revolution Peanut Caramel Bars DO.NOT.TASTE.LIKE.A.SNICKERS. I do enjoy my pure protein stuff, but don't sell it as something it isn't.

Rant over.
    WOW. PMS much?
    Yes, because every woman who has a strong opinion/gets angry/is not positive all the time is on her period. What a sexist, misogynistic concept.

I love Jello No-Bake cheesecake, but once you mix the crust with butter and the filling with milk, it can get unhealthy in a hurry, and the Jello Temptations raspberry cheesecake are a pretty good alternative. They're not huge servings but only 120(?) calories each. They're good enough that I won't go out and buy a no-bake instead. And Publix makes a light tiramisu ice cream that tastes a lot like some caramel frozen Starbucks drink that I can't remember the name of, and only 140 calories per half cup. You can find yummy substitutes, but they will never be perfect.

Most of the time, nothing "tastes just like" anything else to me. Eventually I learn to prefer the healthier version though.

Sexist and misogynistic? It was a woman who said she was in PMS-mode. I'm also a woman and totally agree. People should eat what THEY think tastes good, fits into their goals and get over it.
    Women can absolutely display misogyny and sexism. The idea that a woman is not allowed to be angry unless she is on her period is outlandish and sexist. It plays into the idea that PMS makes a woman some kind of monster, and it invalidates her feelings. I'm sure both of you have experienced anger in a time when you weren't on your period, but I'm sure someone still accused you of it. Women can be sexist and women can be misogynists. Your anatomy doesn't excuse your poor behavior or sexism.