Thigh Gap?

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I heard the secret was pop tarts

For realsy! I have a friend who got down to 7.7 body fat eating pop tarts!

Squirrel!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    forreal though is it weird that i dont want a thigh gap!?
    sure smaller thighs,but it kinda looks weird to me
    like an extra opening that shouldnt be there..
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've never ever once looked for a thigh gap on a woman in respect to her being attractive or not.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I've never ever once looked for a thigh gap on a woman in respect to her being attractive or not.

I totally agree. I guarantee in the entire course of history, has a girl dropped her draws, and the guy said "what? no gap? oh.. im sooo out of here" and bounced.

don't swap your booty for a gap. booty is so much better.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    As a gymnast, you should be more concerned about making sure you maintain or even increase muscle mass so you not only perform better at your sport but also reduce risk of serious leg injuries. If you fall into disordered eating, you're going to risk decreasing bone mass density and fractures. Forget the stupid thigh gap.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What should I eat to get a thigh gap? Like how much, and what kinds of food. I'm 5 foot and 100 pounds.
    Avoid the sun and any foods containing vitamin D, calcium or phosphates and you'll develop rickets = thigh gap :/ Sure you'll have soft bones, skeletal, dental and spinal deformities but hey, at least you'll have your coveted thigh gap. Seriously though, as somebody else said, the only people I've ever known to want this are ED sufferers. Do you have ED or is this now the new craze among young people because if it is, I weep for the future :(
    I have a thigh gap as a result of ED = chronic under eating and muscle wastage. It is not an attractive look.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    2000 calories. 1 penny more and it'll go straight to your thighs.
    im sorry but ive heard you get a thigh gap from to much sex not judging just what ive heard

If what I said doesn't work I'd try this option next^
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Tough love here. Seriously, who cares about a thigh gap. In 61 years of life, I've never once thought or heard any man I know say, Yo, look at her! She's got a hot thigh gap!! lol It don't matter!! I never heard of this til I came to this site.
    Unfortunately I have :P

I've also had one 30 lbs ago so it has little to do with being skinny and it has a lot to do with why my knees knock and why I can't walk in the boots in my profile picture because the zippers hook off each other.

Before I had a physical deformity...now I have sexy...I'll take the ladder.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you want to know what to eat to get one, eat a whole melon as it is. Then try to pass it in tact. Or have a few kids and loads of sex. If all that fails. Just walk like you sh1t yourself.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Tough love here. Seriously, who cares about a thigh gap. In 61 years of life, I've never once thought or heard any man I know say, Yo, look at her! She's got a hot thigh gap!! lol It don't matter!! I never heard of this til I came to this site.

I'm 59 and have heard exactly one comment about my thigh gap, at a department Christmas party when I was in college. One of the faculty members had evidently had a little bit too much eggnog and couldn't resist commenting on how unusual it is to see "well filled out thighs that don't touch on a woman who isn't bow legged." From the "well filled out" part of the comment he was evidently aware that I had the naturally occurring sort of gap, not one produced by starvation.

If thigh gaps are associated with wide hips, then my 35" hips at 5'7" make me the exception. I'm a mixed body type, with the small frame, straight ruler build, and long, lean legs of an ectomorph and the fat distribution of an apple. That's pure apple, with no pear tendencies whatsoever. No significant excess fat EVER went to my thighs or butt. I don't know that I had a thigh gap at 180 pounds because I never cared or thought to check, but it wouldn't have surprised me. I was built like a popsicle on twin sticks.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I never realized a thigh gap was a good thing or something people worked on until I started my fitness journey! for a while I didn't have one but I do now. I am 5'4 and anywhere from 107 to 109 :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

And I would like to add that any man who is hung up on whether you have a thigh gap or not obviously doesn't deserve what's between those thighs, much the less the rest of you! Lol!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    What's a thigh gap???!!! Do they really exist??? I don't think that I've EVER had one but would LOVE one!
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I officially love you ;)
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever lusted after a thigh gap was when I was a teenager with anorexia. It was unhealthy and pointless. UNLESS YOU HAVE ONE NATURALLY AS A RESULT OF YOUR BONE STRUCTURE I think it makes you look infertile and bow legged. I'd rather have straight muscle and tones thighs ... *one day*.... ;)

Sorry to be harsh but get over it!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    What should I eat to get a thigh gap? Like how much, and what kinds of food. I'm 5 foot and 100 pounds.
    Avoid the sun and any foods containing vitamin D, calcium or phosphates and you'll develop rickets = thigh gap :/ Sure you'll have soft bones, skeletal, dental and spinal deformities but hey, at least you'll have your coveted thigh gap. Seriously though, as somebody else said, the only people I've ever known to want this are ED sufferers. Do you have ED or is this now the new craze among young people because if it is, I weep for the future :(
    I have a thigh gap as a result of ED = chronic under eating and muscle wastage. It is not an attractive look.
    Listen to this girl. Because of disordered eating, she suffered from loss of bone mass density - this isn't something you want to take likely and be told that calcium supplementation and/or estrogen therapy may not replace the bone you lost in pursuit of a stupid goal. You may still be developing, so don't do anything dumb which can prevent you from reaching peak bone mass and potentially screw yourself for life.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Stand with your legs apart.

hahahaha :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with wanting one, just like there's nothing wrong with wanting a small waist.

I will never have a waist smaller than 26" because of how I'm built, so I don't worry about it. That said, I have a thigh gap (and I'm not ashamed to say I like having it), so that's enough.

Some people can, some people can't. If you're one of the ones who can't, then so be it. If you can, awesome!
  • daggs95
    daggs95 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Change your DNA if you never had one. If you had one and are no longer going through puberty then its probably not coming back. I suppose you could bow your own legs in an accident of some sort but that sounds kind of extreme to me. Some people find them ugly, so you could always embrace that if you are too mad about not being able to have it?
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap..? I've only ever seen it once and that was on an extremely underweight person - I have to say...to achieve that thigh gap she also sacrificed her boobs and bum.

I shall keep my friendly thighs...and my boobs...and my bum. Plenty women have rockin bodies without having a...thigh gap.
    If you going for a sexy look or something (are thigh gaps in these days?) get some really good confidence - love yourself as you are, once you've done that no one will notice or care whether your thighs meet or not - including you.