worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    wow, these comments are all so cruel, rude people never cease to amaze me, unfortunately.
    Honestly, my worst comments have come from myself, but I did overhear an awful one at a coffee shop a few months ago. A bigger woman was buying a drink and the man in line behind her turned to his wife and said, quite loudly, "Hope you brought your harpoon, we found a whale!"
  • lexicurves
    Options
    I work in front of a camera full time so I hear quite a bit of them. Thankfully I have pretty thick skin :) But here is the latest:

thaneos2004: Jesus Christ! I hope your using the money you make here for an atkins diet. That fat hanging of your arm is thicker than my thighs

OH! and a few days prior my son told me that I needed to "thin down" and lose weight so that I can be the size of a "normal mom". He even made me a XBox Avatar of a girl the size he though I should be.
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine came from a woman that I was dating (and she was also a co-worker). At the time, I thought she was absolutely gorgeous (even though she was 47 and I was 32)! She was a size 0-2 and I was working my butt off to get into better shape. I had lost about 60 pounds in 6 months. I took her and her kids to the beach for a week. One day, we were walking back from the beach to the hosue and she turned to me and said "I don't think I can deal with your weight issue" while poking me in the stomach. Needless to say, we drove home from the beach in separate cars and parted ways for good shortly after that. Now I've got an amazing wife that loves me no matter what size I am!!!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    bully.jpg
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It sounds like shes doing that to hurt your feelings, purposely. I would tell her a thing or 2. I would probably ask why is she worried about me n not herself. "Have you worked on your shallowness? You might be a better person." Thats what would come from my mouth. My life, my business.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    "No boy is every going to date you if you don't lose some weight."

This came from my father when I was in high school.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your Mother says that to you!!!!! I would never talk to my mother again if she said things like that to me.
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    I've never had what you would call really horrible nasty comments. Hubby used to be and can still be back handed about it all. Comments like 'You hungry tonight' when I'd go to grab a snack at night, or 'You thirsty" when I'd go to grab a glass of wine. He's better now, but still says crap like that everyso often. I've learnt to mostly ignore it though.

Mel
  • Brunomarslover
    Options
    My mom told me when I was 14 that she was embarrassed to take me in public.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Annaflower
    Options
    Bump. Want to carry on reading later x
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    oooh actually my first boyfriend told me if i lost weight i would probs be better in bed :grumble:

My ex husband told me once if I lost about 10lbs all his friends would think I was super hot (I was 120 at the time)

I told him if his d*ck was 2 inches bigger we'd have a better time in bed.

Guess we both lost on that one :laugh:

....THE BEST
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at Target one day. I was standing, going through some clothes on a rack. One of the sales people came over and said, "The Plus size clothes are over there," and pointed to a different section. I smiled and said, "Thank you," but I was mortified inside.

Wow, how rude!!! i would have said something if I over heard that sales person talking to you!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was standing at a bus stop one day, a young guy walked passed me and said "frigging hippo !"

See, that's when you follow at a safe distance shrieking, "The paternity test says it's yours! Stop walking away from me! And when are you going to pay the hospital bill from breaking my jaw?"

He will never say anything rude to anyone in public again.

Hilarious!!! I was at the beach with my sister and I was in my 30's and my siter in her 40's and both of us at that time were overweight. A car load of teens drove by (Daytona) and said hey look at the beached whales!! They all started laughing at us!! My sister said hey!! Look at the car load of jerks!!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had all the usual comments as a child/teenager (yes I've always been fat), some from family (not my mum and dad). As I grew up I dealt with it the best way I knew how, other children I would punch or beat up. As I got a bit older, adults (uncles mainly) got told to 'f' off or 'f' you - when they complained to my mum she used to say 'well leave her alone then, it's only what you deserve'.

I never did and don't still get that upset by it, just angry and wanna punch somebody (even now when I'm supposed to be grown up I get the urge to punch). It's true what they say, names won't hurt me, but they sure as hell will you if you call me them!

The most recent was last week when I was walking my dog, some loser in a car shouted as he went past 'who's walking who?' I assume he meant I was a dog. I would have had plenty to say if he was in front of me, but driving past in a car is a cowardly way to go about it, no comebacks. He was probably compensating for being thick or lack of sizeage in the trouser department.
  • SewerUrchin
    Options
    I was out drinking once, and, in the toilets, this girl who was incredibly drunk (staggering all over the place, slurred speech, vomit in hair, the works) barged into me, then screamed at me to get out of her way. I told her to f*** off, naturally, and she said "F*** you, you fat f***ing c***". So I said "Are you this much of a ***** to everyone, or am I getting special treatment?" and she blurted out "WHY ARE YOU SO F***ING FAT". So I remembered my favourite stock reply to that question, and responded with "Because every time I shag your boyfriend, he gives me a cookie."

Yeah. Granted, she clawed the hell out of my face with those classy fake nails of hers, but, if there's one lesson I like to think I taught her, it's that, when insulting a 5'10, 220lb girl, it's best to keep in mind that, in a physical altercation, she might just have the upper hand. I didn't beat the crap out of her or anything; it was a simple slap around the face (made an amazing sound, very satisfying) and shoving her drunk *kitten* on the floor. She couldn't get back up on account of a) wearing ridiculously impractical shoes, and b) being sloppy drunk, so she just slurred insults at my retreating back as I walked off. One of her mates later came up to me and apologised for her, saying she was "a ***** when she's drunk", and that apparently, seeing someone belt some sense into her was quite satisfying.

Disclaimer: I'm not generally a violent person (I usually just imagine snapping the neck of whoever gets on my nerves, but don't generally act on it), but screw it, it was in self-defense.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    After reading through all of these, I feel I need to call my mom and dad and tell them how thankful I am that they never said hurtful things about my weight. Some parents need sensitivity training...or maybe just life training because DAMN.

My mom's always struggled with her weight and she would always commiserate rather than criticize. My dad never said anything about how I looked unless he was telling me I was beautiful. He also never commented on my mother's weight.

My middle brother is adopted and blessed with tall, thin genes so he would sometimes make a crack here and there, but I ignored him because I knew how little he had to work to stay thin. He had a six pack and never worked out a day in his life. It's slowly catching up to him now though. Ah, karma! :)

Point being: PARENTS SHOULDN'T WEIGHT GUILT THEIR KIDS. Ever. If someone has a weight problem, they know it. Being cruel ain't gonna motivate them to lose. Why don't people understand this?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    In junior high and part of high school, there were certain kids that called me "blubber butt"... still hurts to think about it... :cry:
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was at work and I said to my coworker "I'm tired of working, let's run away". He looked at me and said "Well, you could get a sugar daddy but you would have to lose a few pounds first"
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    OH Ya! Another one was (while making a making someone's drink at the coffee shop), an older man walks up to the counter and says:

"You should cut back on the whipped cream and you'll lose weight. I'm a doctor, I'm trying to help."

Three years later, I still see him on the street and want to tell him what a j***-a** he is. :-)