worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• KatiesRunnersHigh
    Options
    omg i would of killed them! or at least gone fried green tomatoes on their cars lol! remember that movie? what kind of girls would be ok w a guy theyre messing with to talk to anybody like that! i would be disgusted
  • JLC_24
    JLC_24 Posts: 4
    Options
    Reading some of these posts makes me realise that a lot of people have no thought for the way their comments can affect people, people they are 'close' to too!! Ive always worked under the guise (from my Grandmothers many sayings) that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it.. unless its constructive and asked for by said person..

Well put! I felt exactly the same as I was reading through the thread especially about keeping quiet if you have nothing nice to say. I'm happy to say it's a philosophy I've stuck to all my life. It's a shame others either don't heed that advice or choose to out-and-out ignore it, and the worse part about it all is that the majority of the most hurtful comments people have recalled on here have come from family members - those who are supposed to love you unconditionally.

I have experienced my fair share of hurtful comments over the years, not all of which took place at my heaviest....... having lost a total of 91lbs and still finding my feet with my new weight, body image and size but not yet at my "ideal" weight and BMI for my height I was repeatedly told I needed to stop loosing weight immediately, put some back on and that I was too skinny!!!!

I don't think it matters what weight you are, some people are just cruel and like to make themselves feel more superior by putting others down. The best you can do is rise above it, explain what has upset you, ask that they try to understand how hurtful they are being with their comments and that you are a human being who deserves some respect.
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been reading all the posts for most of the day,,,and Im amazed how so many people can be cruel intentionaly.

I was about 10 when I overheard two of my aunts make comments about my cousin and I. We were the exact same size, same height, weight and coloring. Aunt Lucille said that its amazing how we look so much alike that she sometimes has a hard time telling us apart. Aunt Barb was,,,"oh I have no problem Angie is the fat one" huh? ok I might of had bigger feet then my cousin, but really?

I was 15yrs old,,I was always athletic, busy running from one sport to another. Then one day I couldn't move, couldn't sit, barely stand. I took myself to the Dr. (cause my mom couldn't be bothered) and this is when we found out I was missing 3 disc in my back. Some type of infection was disintergrating my discs. I was put on an experimental drug and pain relievers. I spent months laying on my back with my legs propped up. So going from super busy to nothing..I gained some weight,,,probably 25 lbs.
    I remember clear as day my mother telling me to loose the weight, cause there was no way anyone could ever love me. I know that after almost 30 years i should be able to let this go, but that stuff stays with you. She made sure of that, cause i heard her say it a few times over the years and other little digs about being fat. Such a pretty face..but a big gut. Maybe you should do situps.
    I loved the nick names too,,,being called Miss Piggy barely hurt..*snort
    I ran away from home at 17, figured I had better chances of being ok on my own. Did a few years of councilling. Was feeling pretty good up until about 3 years ago.
    about 10 years ago I had a few friends that we would all get together and have dinner parties. Was so much fun except there was one woman that was so miserable. She would make comments about being fat, I was about a 14-16 but i was happy with myself. Ok i could of been less weight but I also was very active,,coaching soccer and baseball. And I played on a woman's soccer team. You can't be a slouch playing soccer. Anyways she made some comment about how she couldn't understand how I was able to get and keep a man at my size but she 2-4 couldn't even attract them. We werent friends after that.
  • Shawna_ReKay
    Options
    When I was in the 8th grade and I was no where as heavy then as I am now, My BOYFRIEND at the time broke up with me ON MY BIRTHDAY by giving me a slimfast and to call him when I shed a few pounds..... He's an *kitten*, I know this now but at the time my world was shattered! Still hurts to this day....

BUT I will lose weight and look good and then go to my reunion in a couple years and tell him to kiss my hot *kitten*!!! lol

I could go on and on!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Someone on an airplane has asked for a seatbelt extender and they brought it to me in error. I was upset over this for a long time! I never needed one, but was very close to not being able to buckle them.

Good news is, I flew in february and had a lot of extra in the belt!
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    When I was 16 I was going thru alot in my life, My folks divorced, my panpaw (granddad) passed away, my life was literally hell. My uncle seen me last when I was 16 and I weighted around 150 pounds (healthy pounds) and after my life changed so much I became an emotional eater and gained 75-150 pounds. The 1st time I seen my uncle (who is 400 pounds easy) after 4 years he said "God lee, you got fat as hell, are you sure you didnt eat your panpaw? I was wondering why we couldnt see him get buried"

This same uncle just passed away, and Im not going to his funeral!
  • AMH1031
    AMH1031 Posts: 11
    Options
    My mother-law says to me "Ashley you are looking thin.... or are you wearing a girdle?" . Another time (I was pregnant) She asked me how much I had gained and I told her at that point I hadn't gained but my doctor said I am probably losing weight while the baby is growing so it balances out. She says oh ok well you weren't thin to begin with.

I am 5'5 and at my heaviest I weighed 150 lbs. I was up to 170lbs during my heaviest pregnancy weight. Ugh! in-laws.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    The most recent "family" comment was 4 years ago when I 1st met my father-in-law he said "wow michael when did you go to Florida and pick up that beach whale? They dont mean to literally free willy"

He isnt like that anymore because I beached his *kitten* out!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest the worse comment was when my husband and I were in an argument, I wanted to start seeing a weight loss doctor, and he didn't want to fork out the money for it, he was wanting to spend the money on a game instead. In the end he said "You know if you just got off your fat lazy *kitten* and did something about it, you wouldn't be so fat." Yeah that hurt, but in his defense we both said some pretty not so nice things to each other.

Another time would be when my cousin whispered to my son to say "Tell your mom she's fat." My son was 4 and she was 9 I think. Anyways, that hurt.

After my son was born, he was like a month old, another cousin who is always thin, never been over weight a day in her life, she also had a baby, our son's are both a week apart. Well we were at Thanksgiving and my aunt's husband (ex-husband now) said to my cousin "You don't look like you ever had a baby, you just went right back to thin, you look so good." Then he looked at me and said "Sorry I can't say the same thing about you, maybe if you took better care of yourself. Sitting here stuffing your face isn't going to help with that, either." I wasn't my biggest, I was 180lbs, which wasn't thin but wasn't HUGE either for me. I'm a smart mouth though so I pop back off at people who make such ugly remarks, if they don't have something nice to say, why should I? I looked at him and said "You have a lot of room to talk. Just because you're old, isn't an excuse to be fat, either." He shut up really fast.

Now my current weight, I think the ugliest things I've heard is, my uncle who has only seen my progress on facebook, said that I photo shop my photo's, while yes I have photoshop and I do use it to edit photo's for my photography, I wouldn't know how to edit a photo to look like my current photo's I look like a total different person to me. Most my photo's are taken with my phone and transferred to facebook with my phone so no way I can photo shop them on my phone.

Then his daughter never can give me a complement and keep it as a complement, she says to me "You look great, but girl you still have stomach flab, you need a girdle, you might not think you do, but you do." EVERY TIME she gives me a complement she is sure to say that.

The faith people have piss me off, like "You got it off, but I'm sure you'll put it right back on." I bet I prove all you butt holes wrong!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna share a few I can think of at the top of my head (haven't blanked out of my memory!)

"You're so fat all the polish kids ran inside thinking the Nazi panzer tanks were back"

" Just shoot yourself your life isn't worth living just look at the state of you"

"kill yourself you fat ****"

I've got a couple where I've wanted to crawl into the floor. One I had slightly longer hair and a child in tesco pointed to me with his toy he needed to pay for and the woman said "Give the nice lady the toy so she can scan it" Cue a blank look from me...then she again says woman and I just spoke really gruffly, she was horrified obviously but her line of sight was my chest and because I was so fat it looked like I had boobs! Still don't go near that tesco now ¬.¬

Was sat on a bus once and my *kitten* was so big in those little seats that I took up about 1 and a third of one, an older guy got on and just exclaimed really loudly "Oh great there's no seats because that fat C*** whale over there is taking them all for himself" I got off at the next stop and walked..

Oh since losing it I've had even more, I've been told I look anorexic (I eat 3000+ cals a day COME ON..) I've been told I can probably make a tent out of my loose skin even though they've not seen it. I've been told I'll put it back on straight away that I'm ugly now and should have stayed fat to cover it up.
  • Miriai
    Miriai Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a tall girl and I was talking with someone about how I wanted to lose weight so I can feel better. She then made a comment about how size 12 in jeans is so fat an anyone who is that big is just gross and it made me feel awful because I am almost to the point of fitting into size 12s again and to me, that was skinny. My ultimate goal is to fit into size 10s but its still considered "big" to so many people!

What made me feel horrible is when we were sewing and my friend's waist size was the length of the skirt I was making. It literally took half the amount of fabric to make her outfit than it did mine and she was complaining about how she had gained weight too!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The kids were pretending to be ocean animals and my niece said I look like SHAMU! I was devastated 😢 because kids tell the truth!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My drunk grandmother when I was 12 ( and not fat) "Boy you're getting FAT!!)

At my cousins wedding, feeling very pretty in my gown... I caught the bouquet and the man that caught the garter asked how he was supposed to get it on me... the wedding coodinator said "well, just get it up as high as you can". I was a size 12 then. I was mortified and he didn't ask me to dance even though he was supposed to.

I absolutely ****ing hate it when people ask me if I've lost weight...I get it all the time. All they're doing is pointing out that I NEED to lose it. UGGHH
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The family was over at my sister's for Thanksgiving one year and I stepped outside to cool off (hot in the house with all the cooking and 12+ people). My mom was outside smoking and said something like, "If you dropped some weight, you wouldn't feel so hot inside". She had said other things to me before, but that is the one that really stuck. The funny thing is she was telling me to get healthy while she was SMOKING.

I was able to forgive her before she died (of lung cancer), but I still can't believe she actually said it to me.
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There are two instances that really hurt me and ironically they came from the same person, my mom, and at different ends of the weight spectrum.

When I was putting on my bridal gown my mother asked my weight (120 lbs) and she replied that she had weight 117 lbs on her wedding day. Until that moment I didn't know there had been a wedding day weight contest. I had lost the weight I felt I needed to lose and was looking and felt great. Talk about your mood killer.

Most recently, Monday of this week, I told my mother I had lost 15 lbs. Well how much do you weigh she asks? 171 lbs I answer. She responds Well you're still quite heavy. (Think to myself, thanks Mom.)

So it really doesn't matter I will never please her she will always will find fault. I know this not because of this weight issue because of other issues we have had. And yeah it hurts but I get over it eventually. It's not malicious on her part if it was I would speak to her about it.

As for strangers. I just walk away. And yeah some of those comments hurt too but I get over those too. Even the malicious ones because there is no point in talking to them I have no relationship with them nor want one based on their behavior. Water off a duck.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    After 10 years of not riding a bike I bought one and was riding in my neighborhood. The crappy kids down the street yelled "i just saw something really disgusting go by!!" I know I'm too old and I shouldn't care, but I haven't gone for a ride since.
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Back in high school, one cruel boy started calling me tree trunks (my thighs) and fat fingers. All his friends would stand and laugh. It got to the point that I would purposely walk out of my way to avoid his little posse.

I could maybe understand that kind of behaviour if I had done something/said something about him, but up until that point I don't think I had even spoken to him.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This counts more as pathetic than worse but I'll roll with it anyway! Just randomly walking down the street about 3 months ago and a kid who couldn't have been no older than 11 walked past and called me "Fattie"

I was so bemused that I stopped him and told him that if that was the best insult he can come up with he's going to be in so much trouble in the later stages of his life.

He then apologised because he wasn't expecting getting anything said back!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I thought of another one! i worked in the fashion industry in London for a year back in 2005. I would have to go to a lot of fashion shows and openings. We didn't have much money but the people I worked with seemed to have all the top designers but I was on a primark budget. but my style at the time was against the establishment so i could ge away with it a bit. it did start to get to me, because of one of the girls would offer me clothes from her wardrobe by the top designers but she would phrase it like "i would love to lent you my dress by McQueen but it would never fit you." Or "I could lend you my Zara Rhodes dress, her dresses fit people even your size" of course she would never lend me anything. And here is the kicker, I was 5'4" and 125 pounds! Hardly over weight! I think this was one of the many reasons I will never work in fashion again although that is what i am trained for. i can't handle the crazy!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    "You would be so pretty if you could lose weight." :indifferent: