Replies

• phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    So you guys are big where :p

Freakin' women eh? lol

:D
    What? I feel like I was tricked into coming here :D

LOL Yeah, I think a lot of us tripped over ourselves running into this thread because of its title. XD

Well that's one good thing about weight loss. It does make you look bigger down there!

Down where? :)

Lol! Um...
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg

Damn fine job sir! I'm basically trying to do what you have done. How long did it take to get from start to now, and what kind of dietary improvements did you make? I know what I'm doing for myself is working, but I'm an engineer so I'm always looking to learn from others and improve my process.

Congrats again on your success man!!
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

In Progress

You Sir are AMAZING!!! Great progress!! BTW I love myself a big man!! Success to all!!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in.

I need to go find a before pic so I can post where I am now for comparison, but I was SO camera shy before I'm not sure if I have one.

I'm 43, 5'11" and in April of 2010 hit 347.

At the end of that month, I started Taekwondo 2 to 3 days a week. I lost about 30 pounds in the first year and that's where I stayed for a long time until I started MFP in January of this year.

I started counting and logging calories rigorously and I added running three days a week to the 3 to 4 nights of taekwondo.

I'm now down another 43 pounds since the first of the year.

Currently at 276 - with a goal of at least another 50 pounds.

I'm going to get my Black Belt in TKD in June of this year and am training for my first Half Marathon in November.

Ted
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'6" and back in March of 2010, I was 490 lbs!

As of this morning, I weighed in at 234 before heading out to the gym before 6am.

I changed my diet to be healthier (more protein, less carbs and fat), started actually tracking my calories, and started hitting the gym. While I losing the weight, I was shooting for 2,400 calories a day, I'm now eating 3,500 a day and still losing about a pound a week.

For the past 18 months I've been going to the gym 5 days a week, about 2 hours a day, and I also run 5 miles twice a week during lunch at work.

This is a before and after shoot when I hit 245 which was the half way point
    before_and_after_2.jpg

This one is at 245 with my old pants
    normal_IMG_7657.JPG

This one is at 235
    2012-03-27_09_11_53.jpg

Excellent job! You guys are motivating! Awesome work there!
  • bigbrownkid
    Options
    theres alot of us on here, we just dont post that much, i use this site for motivation, while using the app to keep myself accountable.

sw : 220's dont really remember starting weight
    5ft 8inch, 21years old
    cw - 194
    gw- 175

and seeing all these pics is really motivating thanks guys
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    To the guy above (musclefat2k), you are an inspiration if I ever saw one, awesome work! Not only did you clearly loose a crap-load of weight, makes you look a lot younger too!

I am 6'1, started at 240lbs about 6 weeks ago and I was down to 228 on Saturday. I am trying to get ripped while loosing weight, so no going down to skinny and back up to muscle for me, trying to meet halfway!

Thanks! I hope that I am an inspiration to a few folks that need it. God Knows there have been many that I have sat back and watched and was inspired by them and their transformation efforts over the years. I'm planning on keeping on and everytime someone says I inspire them, It also makes me want to work harder not only to not dissapoint, but to also show someone whats possible!
    228! wow I'm jealous! LOL Great work man. I'm trying to get to 225-230. I'm 261 right now and so i have a good road ahead still!
    #LetsEnjoyOurProcess!!
  • musclefat2k
    Options

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

In Progress

:noway:

Holy cow! That is amazing! You must be so proud of yourself!
    Thanks! It's a good time right now :)
  • musclefat2k
    Options

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

In Progress

You Sir are AMAZING!!! Great progress!! BTW I love myself a big man!! Success to all!!
    Thank youuu!! Big Men is what this thread is about so YOU ARE in the right place :)
  • musclefat2k
    Options
    In Progress

Damn fine job sir! I'm basically trying to do what you have done. How long did it take to get from start to now, and what kind of dietary improvements did you make? I know what I'm doing for myself is working, but I'm an engineer so I'm always looking to learn from others and improve my process.

Congrats again on your success man!!

Thanks! It has taken roughly 2 years. Diet wise, I follow a pretty low carb, low calorie meal plan. I do ALOT of cardio, and I really plunged my calories. for a big man that is as big as I, or we were, it's hard to look at a 2lb loss per week and realistically be satisfied. for some of us in the 300, 400, and 500 lb category, we can gain 2 lbs in one day. Both in water and in actually calorie surplus. My suggestion is to work closely with a certified nutritionist who actually caters to weightloss and is pro-big loss and get your money's worth. You tell them what you need and they will craft a plan for you to follow!

I too am an engineer so I understand the compulsive behavior we can have in ANYTHING we do! :)
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    6' 4", lost about 49 lbs and am either 7 pounds short of my goal weight or my body might be telling me otherwise as I've been sitting at 203-204 for 3 weeks now with fairly consistent daily exercise. No worries, I'm fine with what I've achieved and I feel sooooo much better!

Next step is getting the old muscles back in to shape. :ohwell:
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Holy Crapola! Some of you guys have put in MASSIVE work, and it shows. Congratulations!

Me? 6'5", started on MFP at 288 lb. I'm hovering around 240 now, after putting on a few over vacation time. At my lowest, in college, I was around 195, but that was too low.

Last spring, I started biking more, and in September, I got much more serious about paying attention to diet as well. Over the winter, I switched to jogging / weightlifting. Now that spring has sprung, I'm back on the mountainbike, and I just bought a nice Olympic bench, bar and weights from a coworker. The gym membership's getting kicked to the curb, as soon as I build a power rack.

Keep up the great work, fellow Clydesdales.

Edited to add: 'nother engineer here. Deskbound folks: look into a standing desk for at least part of the day. I've had great results with it, and my back is very happy to not be sitting down all day long/
  • nelnova
    nelnova Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HW:303
    SW:265
    CW:214
    GW:185

Everyone's Progress is Great on here....Just focus on the Overall goal and how you get there

"The virtue lies in the Struggle, Not in the Prize"
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was 235 in December 2010 and am now at 165. Lost the weight through good nutrition and a combination of cardio & strength training. I'm typing this as I'm on my way out the door to go to the gym! Feel free to add me if you're looking for ideas/motivation/support.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'6". I started here last December at 248 and am down to 221.
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and started out at 285. I got my results from working out and logging every day.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    6'2" here and I started out at 310 over half way now to 210, my wife introduced me to the site and it is really cool to keep it all in one place.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

In Progress

Incredible job, truly inspiring!
  • musclefat2k
    Options
    Thanks! it's a process and still a ways to go, but i'm enjoying my process!!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3
    SW: 395
    CW: 309 (after 9 months) Haven't weighed in a couple weeks. I want to be sub 300 next time I do.

Feel Great.

*I think I have some pics in my profile
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!