Big Men

Options

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    6'1" started at 371 301.6 today. Check out the group Men on a mission. There are a bunch of us that check in each week to motivate and support! Male or female this place rocks! I have lots of supportive friends. Sent a request. Good luck!
  • oop98
    oop98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good to see all of the great posts. I'm 5'10" and started at 344 - now down to about 325. Just got back from the gym - 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 on the treadmill, and 15 minutes with the weights.
  • JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been on a life change now for just on 4 yrs i have fallen a total of 136 lbs or 62 kg. the First year i was too heavy to exercise so it has been a slow process also my naturopath has said slow and steady win the race. Had another set back for 7 month in 2010 that i was sick on and off. My health is getting better every month. This is the best thing i have done for me. I am still48 kg off my goal weight (( that i have set)) so long way to go
  • needscurves
    Options
    goos luck to all
  • danaelizas
    danaelizas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are girls allowed here? ;)
  • danaelizas
    danaelizas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On a serious note good luck to all you gentlemen! You can do it!
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So you guys are big where :p

Freakin' women eh? lol

:D
    What? I feel like I was tricked into coming here :D

LOL Yeah, I think a lot of us tripped over ourselves running into this thread because of its title. XD
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of guys on here. Just do some searches and watch these forums, especially sucess stories. I started at 405 lbs. You'll find plenty of inspiration if thats what you truly want.
  • MDB5510
    MDB5510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3" started at 355 now down to 334. I wanted to wait until some weight came off before I started exercising. So last week I started. Things are going good so far. Glad to see another BIG MAN on here.
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    I'm still a big guy, just a slightly more compact version now. 6'2" and started at (gads, I hate even saying it even after all this time) 491.4. I'm about to get the hell out of the 4's (YAY!) Still a long way to go..I'd be content with the 240-250 range, but if I can go further by the time I get there, I'm all-in.
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    To the guy above (musclefat2k), you are an inspiration if I ever saw one, awesome work! Not only did you clearly loose a crap-load of weight, makes you look a lot younger too!

I am 6'1, started at 240lbs about 6 weeks ago and I was down to 228 on Saturday. I am trying to get ripped while loosing weight, so no going down to skinny and back up to muscle for me, trying to meet halfway!
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg

:noway:

Holy cow! That is amazing! You must be so proud of yourself!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    6' 3"

Started at 286. Weighed in at 207 this morning.

Concentrating on a good strength/cardio mix at this point. Current goal is 190, but I am concentrating more on building muscle then the scale right now.

Waist was gone from 42" to 36" (and they are loose).
  • karl1965
    karl1965 Posts: 8
    Options
    6' and 263lb
    I'm trying to get down to 200lb
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Freakin' women eh? lol

LOL Yeah, I think a lot of us tripped over ourselves running into this thread because of its title. XD

Well that's one good thing about weight loss. It does make you look bigger down there!
  • Dohrnl
    Dohrnl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am just proud of everyone on here that is trying to lose weight, get healthy. Keep it up guys! :-) Try sparkpeople.com if you are looking for something to help make your grocery lists.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I started out last Feb. at 287 lbs and am currently 204 lbs.
    March-2011 (- 10/12lbs)
    snook2.jpg

May-2011
    snook6.jpg
    snook7.jpg

Aug-2011
    snook5.jpg

Oct-2011
    snook4.jpg

Jan-2012 at 219 lbs
    zzzzkta.jpg

Feb-2012 at 213 lbs
    46048809.jpg

Nic work! What methods are you using?
  • Myndmelt
    Myndmelt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on height, but I was big around. I started at 5'7 376lbs, now after 15 months am down to 184 lbs.

Whoa, Im also at 5'7 and around 370. Can you share your story? Or maybe link me to a thread if you already have.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Freakin' women eh? lol

Well that's one good thing about weight loss. It does make you look bigger down there!

Down where? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!