Big Men

Options

Replies

• Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started at 6'5" 327lbs. I currently weigh in the high 260's. Once I break the 250 mark I will re-evaluate. I lost the weight with probably 15% exercise and 85% diet. I didn't really cut down eating, just changed WHAT I was eating. What you put in your body makes a big difference for weight loss and the long run (for optimal health).

My goal is 225 or when I "Look Good Naked" whichever comes first.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    6'6" and started at 312. Currently down to 250 and my GW is around 220 although I may push for 212 to hit that 100lb loss mark. Now I just need to start incorporating more strength training into my routine......
  • carpp107
    carpp107 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey All,

6' 6" here....started over 320...currently at 238....Glad to see so many other Big guys on the site!!!!!
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 6'5" and my SW was 385, I am now 253 pounds. I want to drop probably 10 or 20 more pounds. I understand completely how it is to be a big man. I used to wear a size XXXXLT t-shirt and I wear a XXL at the moment, I just tryed on my brother's t-shirt( which is XL) and it fits!

You sound pretty close to my build and my goal weight. Doctors charts are wacked if they think I am going to hit 210. I would not look right.

I am 6'4" tall and started at 273 on January 30, down to 238 now.

I saw the Doc last week and he agreed that the BMI charts don't work for large framed people. He agreed 225 was realistic for me, although I may try to get down to 215 or so.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 3" and started at 330 pounds. My goal weight it 220. We'll see what I look like when I get there. I have a pretty big frame, and I build muscle quickly, so I am pretty sure the standard BMI won't be reliable for me. Luckily I have access to a Bod Pod for $30 a session, so when I approach my goal weight I will have a clue where I actually stand.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So you guys are big where :p
  • JG_FromMN
    JG_FromMN Posts: 15
    Options
    What's good y'all..
    5'11 and 3/4th
    Started at 320 down to 309. In 5 days.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    5'8" started 273 now 238 going to 190
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I started on March 8 2011 at 344. As of April 8 2012 I'm sitting at 255.8. My goal is shopping in "Mens" instead of "Big Mens" departments. I've slowed a bit due to some personal life issues, but once I can refocus my will power I should be back on track.
  • Ajagee24701
    Options
    I know what you are saying. I love the food tracker on here though, it's the best one around. I am 18 and 195lbs but seem to be staying at 195 which is frustrating, hoping to bring that down quite a bit using the tools here.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Looking for inspiration and have definitely found some, so thanks.

The profile pic is me and my daughter in at Disneyland in the summer, 6'1", currently 302, started at 322 (this time). Used to hit the weights pretty hard, at my best I was around the 275 mark. I need to get back there, but maybe a little old for the heavy stuff these days (41). I will be happy to head in to the 200's and aim at 275 for now, hope to readjuct that to 250 and see where I am.

I have a stressful job and want to be off of the BP meds and enjoying my, wife, kids and future.

The food tracker is great, I use my Garmin GPS for walking and my beautiful wife for inspiration
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    not tall 5'9 but supporting a nice rack at 250, I am on my way to losing, have a long way to go but I can do it
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Freakin' women eh? lol

:D
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Started this journey in December 5'11", 238 lbs and now I am down to 195...started P90X last week and hoping to shred up and lose about 10-15 more pounds gaining muscle.
  • saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ignore.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2 and started at 305lbs. I am currently fluctuating between 250 -255, but want to get down in the 220-230 range. Right now I'm just lifting trying to rebuild the strength I had as a youngster. Feel free to add me.
  • saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on height, but I was big around. I started at 5'7 376lbs, now after 15 months am down to 184 lbs.

ARE. YOU. FREEKIN'. KIDDING. ME!!???

Dude...I'm in awe--I'm not too far behind where you started (5'8", 320). Tell me everything you did. I had outstanding loss from 335 to 317 in the past 6-7 weeks, but I'm stalled.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options

You know big guys do wear big... socks. I run around with size 16 shoes. :smokin:
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    6'3" tall, starting weight was 286lbs. I lost 60 lbs in 8 months counting calories and working out. Easy as that!
    I've been floating around 230lbs for the past few months and have changed my workout from intense cardio/fatburn to toning and weights.
    I dropped from a 42" waist to a 34" which is my favourite NSV to date.
  • midsi5
    midsi5 Posts: 4
    Options
    im 5'11, 23 years old, started out at 230 lbs down to 183....looking to get to 10% body fat, then to start a bulk
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!