Big Men

Options

Replies

• Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Bigger Men know how to Love better!!!! Keep up the great work guys!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There is a fella on here who lost a boatload and just looks beast now.
    His thread is probably lost in the tides of estrogen.

This guy
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/546883-update-with-comparison-pics-304-lbs-lost

Thank you for sharing that link - I hadn't perused any success stories, had never heard about this guy. Totally incredible and undoubtedly inspirational.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Im 42, 6"1 + was 287 lbs last Feb. now 204 lbs.

Hey Pike..yes, you are doing great as well! Just shows it's never too late to work on the body! Keep those pictures coming..

In Him, Nic
    :flowerforyou:
  • bigsizemo
    bigsizemo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started 285 and now I'm about 239. The motivation comes from deep within, it's not something you can jump out of bed and say "hey, I wanna lose weight". You gotta plan and get your head focused, set small goals and every time you accomplish it give yourself a nice meal. Good luck man!
  • Brademert
    Brademert Posts: 17
    Options
    6'0
    275 SW 1/1/12
    247 CW 4/5/12

210 GW 7/1/12

Have not been working out at all. Started new regiment today. C25K in morning, Gym in evening. Lunch time 30 min workout of some sort (P90x, Insanity, etc)

Might even start a JM 30 DS, just cause I want her to yell at me!!!!!!!!
  • bigsizemo
    Options
    Yeah small goals is definately the way to go can't look to far ahead all you do is get frustrated well at least I do so thanks for the idea and the motivation
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Big Guys Unite! Feel free to add me if you want. There are lots of us on here. My take on it is that you don't see as many posts from the guys asking "Does my butt still look fat?" So, it's a little harder to notice us.

6'3" here. Started at 300. Down to about 274 and working my way down slow and steady. We'll see how far down the scale goes.... Lots of good stories for the big men too. :drinker:
  • bigsizemo
    Options
    31 yr old. 6'3, large frame. I always been told I carry it well.

470-480 lbs. in this pic
    before.jpg

most recent pic. 319 lbs. here
    2012-03-18_02-58-59_727.jpg

the weight loss has slowed down a bit but I am in no rush. I don't have a set goal weight on the scale I am shooting for. I am going by how I look and feel. Probably somewhere in the 200-220 lbs. range.
  • bigsizemo
    Options
    Wow what a change great job man, and you and I have alot in common thats about what I'm starting at and look to get down to a muscular 275
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of men on MFP - Big tall men like the OP and short but very round men like I used to be.

There are also some groups for men, such as:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1996-the-male-stop

and one for mega weight loss:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4237-amazing-transformations
    Just found another group for Big Men:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4094-the-big-men
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My Max density was 425. I started here at 407 in two months I am down to 377. I am about 6'4" tall. First goal is 300 lbs. 77 to go.
    You can do it. Just be serious.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am 6' 1" and started at 249 lbs in Nov 2011, now 158 days after I am at 201 lbs.

Target is at 187, but may go for 183 depending on how I look at 187 :-)
    Strength training now

BTW, as other posters noted, women are also great motivators at MFP.
    Have many of them as friends.

If you need to find members close to your age, area where living, etc you can search at:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search

Good luck !
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Inner jabba had me up to 272 at one point (6'2). I started on this site at 242. Been between 215-220 since Nov.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    good work fellas. Keep pressing
  • NoMoreFatTony
    NoMoreFatTony Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5' 10" started at 286 now down to 258 and still going.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    6'2" 270 here..started at 276 but have been as high as 280.
    Been trying to get down to 250 but not really moving below the 270 mark
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am 6'5" and my SW was 385, I am now 253 pounds. I want to drop probably 10 or 20 more pounds. I understand completely how it is to be a big man. I used to wear a size XXXXLT t-shirt and I wear a XXL at the moment, I just tryed on my brother's t-shirt( which is XL) and it fits!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    5'8
    SW 215
    CW 188

I'm at my goal weight but I'm trying lose about 10 more lbs then bulk back up.
    Here are some before and afters:

Before:

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

After:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg
  • Larommi
    Larommi Posts: 25
    Options
    6'4" started at 384.

Currently around the 324 mark. Stopped losing weight, apparently I am turning fat into muscle faster than I am losing weight. Pants keep getting looser thought he weight changes little. I imagine I will start losing again quickly.
  • Larommi
    Larommi Posts: 25
    Options
    I am 6'5" and my SW was 385, I am now 253 pounds. I want to drop probably 10 or 20 more pounds. I understand completely how it is to be a big man. I used to wear a size XXXXLT t-shirt and I wear a XXL at the moment, I just tryed on my brother's t-shirt( which is XL) and it fits!

You sound pretty close to my build and my goal weight. Doctors charts are wacked if they think I am going to hit 210. I would not look right.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!