Big Men

Options

Replies

• NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just on 6' here started at 235 on New Years and now I am at 188.

I initially set 187 as my goal but I am now re-evaluating that.

Lots of gym work, walking and dumping the colonel from my diet (along with all sodas)

2721700290101836663S425x425Q85.jpg2856232870101836663S425x425Q85.jpg

Great Job!! You can definitely tell, especially in the upper chest, upper arms, and abs! Wonderful!
  • NicolettetheGreek
    Options
    I started 285 and now I'm about 239. The motivation comes from deep within, it's not something you can jump out of bed and say "hey, I wanna lose weight". You gotta plan and get your head focused, set small goals and every time you accomplish it give yourself a nice meal. Good luck man!

This is so true! Must prepare both mentally and physically..have the food chopped and ready to go in the fridge, so you don't end up at a (gasp) vending machine, or eating a high sodium meal out! Great advice!! You are going fantastic as well! Kudo's for you!:happy:

Walks with Him, Nic
  • NicolettetheGreek
    Options
    Im 42, 6"1 + was 287 lbs last Feb. now 204 lbs.

Hey Pike..yes, you are doing great as well! Just shows it's never too late to work on the body! Keep those pictures coming..

In Him, Nic
  • NicolettetheGreek
    Options
    hey I love all the support come pouring out and I'm in it to win it, just ask and I'll friend you and we can conquer this fat together, OH and hey to all those ladies too never wanted to leave you out of the conversation just needed some male point of views is all!

No problemo!:laugh:

I'm kinda a nut, so read my profile if you want to friend me..
    In His Glory,
    Nic
  • NicolettetheGreek
    Options
    5'9 was 246lbs now 209lbs, 14 lbs to go, run a lot 130 plus miles last month. Feel for the women, they seem to have a harder time.

Wow, that is quite a run you are working towards. I used to run, just medium distances..about 10 miles at a time..in Army..was wonderful, now, can no longer run..

Keep up the great work, and kudos for you!

She who walk w/ HIM,
    Nic
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi, 5'8, was 392lb about 4 months ago, now 330lb. Still a way to go, will keep at it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    31 yr old. 6'3, large frame. I always been told I carry it well.

470-480 lbs. in this pic
    before.jpg

most recent pic. 319 lbs. here
    2012-03-18_02-58-59_727.jpg

the weight loss has slowed down a bit but I am in no rush. I don't have a set goal weight on the scale I am shooting for. I am going by how I look and feel. Probably somewhere in the 200-220 lbs. range.
  • NicolettetheGreek
    Options
    31 yr old. 6'3, large frame. I always been told I carry it well.

470-480 lbs. in this pic
    before.jpg

most recent pic. 319 lbs. here
    2012-03-18_02-58-59_727.jpg

the weight loss has slowed down a bit but I am in no rush. I don't have a set goal weight on the scale I am shooting for. I am going by how I look and feel. Probably somewhere in the 200-220 lbs. range.

Golly..you are quite the sight! Wonderful! i commend you!

Keep up the great work!

In Him,
    Nic..friend? Read profile first, pls
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Congrats to all guys that have lost a ton! It's not easy in today's world! I'm 5' 10", 215, looking to get down to 190. I stayed 190 FOREVER until going to 3rd shift three years ago, and quit smoking in that timeframe. I've been on here 30 days now, and I've lost 5 pounds, and it's nice to use this site to track everything. Before I just ate what I wanted. No good.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    6"1 here - started @ 314lbs and today im 232lbs - taken approx 12 months, been strength building and weight lifting primarily. check my profile :-)
  • NicolettetheGreek
    Options
    I've asked the same question. I've found that this is primarily a womens site. I like it for the food tracker. It's the best one I've found

There are plenty of guy's here..we women notice, 'cuz anytime we have a thread about..boobies or whatever, they all comment on our thread! We are great motivator's and can help w/diet, etc too..don't count us out! Friend us!
    In Christ, Nic
  • stevieb3052
    stevieb3052 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started off at 280 in September. Now at 192, my lightest for 30 years, and almost at my target weight of 190.

Now to start some strength work to tone up those bits of loose skin..
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    6'5'' Tall and 287lb when I started this journey. I would really like to get down to 200-210lb and then start toning everything up. I'm still 6'5'' tall :blushing: but so far I've lost 35lb. :bigsmile:

Nearly halfway there and I'm addicted to this site. I love all the girly posts. There's so many great stories and some of the after pics are smoking hot. (Typical Guy)
  • welshskipper
    welshskipper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6'2 big frame started 247 down to 223 in a few months.
    Cant say enough just how important strength training is for big lads,
    Especially the big lifts like squats/deadlifts make sure u get these in for an all over workout m8!
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started out at 265 got down to 200 in about a year.

Good luck stick with the goals.

Cheers
    Jim
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of men on MFP - Big tall men like the OP and short but very round men like I used to be.

There are also some groups for men, such as:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1996-the-male-stop

and one for mega weight loss:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4237-amazing-transformations
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Started this journey @ 560 lbs. in May 2009 unable to walk from one room to the other without the aide of a rolling computer chair. 34 months later am now 255 lbs. (down 305 lbs.) I was always the big kid in school (6 grade I tipped the scales at 230 lbs.) but I used it to my advantage in sports (Football- played offensive and defensive line, and tight end) never possessed the height I wanted (6 ft. 1 in.) but never let that slow me down on the gridiron... Life just got to hard and food always seemed to fill the void but I changed all that... No one or nothing will ever control my destiny but myself!! I have only myself to answer to (well ok better through the wife in there lol I wanna wake up in the morning hehehehe) and I will stay in control from here on out.... I have some work left to due, have skin surgery in June (surgeon thinks close to 25 lbs. of skin removal) and then total knee replacements at years end (grade 3 osteoarthritis both knee's, torn meniscus both knee's and torn ACL in my left knee.) I am shooting for 220 lbs. (after surgery) and at that point I will begin my official training (no my weightloss mode) building lean muscle, less cardio, more protein shakes, etc... Weightloss has been my focus for 34 months, I do strength train 3 days a week (all low weight, high rep). Add me if you would like, us big guys need to stick together...... :-)

2009May2.jpg

2012-03-31_08-27-41_160.jpg

2012-03-31_08-39-35_376.jpg
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Nice Dude!!! Wow, that's inspiration. I am a former football player also, started at 376 now at 303. What a struggle, I like to see big cats like you doing good stuff. Definitly motivates me. Keep going baby!!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Started out at about 280, not down to 250 but still have a long way to go! I'm 6'2".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!