Big Men

Options

Replies

• wagon0619
    wagon0619 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Started this whole mess at 382, and Friday hit 265!
  • tdj819
    tdj819 Posts: 41
    Options
    Yes I agree, confused by title....;-) And like she said, I like to Motivate and be Motivated. Together we can achieve our goals!
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started on March 1st at 6"1" and 336. As of my weigh in with my doctor last Wednesday (only get weighed in when I go to see him) I was down to 320. My goal is to be out of the 300's by memorial day. Good luck everyone.
  • powerbomb
    powerbomb Posts: 12
    Options
    Started at 467......down to 322. Want 265 by end of year. may 11th is 1 year since I got serious. I had been here for awhile, but deleted but am now back.

I came here strictly for the food tracker, but this is a site dominated by women, and thats ok, but MANY use it for a dating site. Im sure men do too, but I had women w years of poor self esteem sending me photos, phone numbers etc....And if you dont recip, they get upset. Just wasnt worth the hassle, so I am going to be more careful this time in adding friends.

This place is a good tool, a shame too many FB based ppl want to FB it up.

D
  • tdj819
    Options
    Started this journey @ 560 lbs. in May 2009 unable to walk from one room to the other without the aide of a rolling computer chair. 34 months later am now 255 lbs. (down 305 lbs.) I was always the big kid in school (6 grade I tipped the scales at 230 lbs.) but I used it to my advantage in sports (Football- played offensive and defensive line, and tight end) never possessed the height I wanted (6 ft. 1 in.) but never let that slow me down on the gridiron... Life just got to hard and food always seemed to fill the void but I changed all that... No one or nothing will ever control my destiny but myself!! I have only myself to answer to (well ok better through the wife in there lol I wanna wake up in the morning hehehehe) and I will stay in control from here on out.... I have some work left to due, have skin surgery in June (surgeon thinks close to 25 lbs. of skin removal) and then total knee replacements at years end (grade 3 osteoarthritis both knee's, torn meniscus both knee's and torn ACL in my left knee.) I am shooting for 220 lbs. (after surgery) and at that point I will begin my official training (no my weightloss mode) building lean muscle, less cardio, more protein shakes, etc... Weightloss has been my focus for 34 months, I do strength train 3 days a week (all low weight, high rep). Add me if you would like, us big guys need to stick together...... :-)

2009May2.jpg

2012-03-31_08-27-41_160.jpg

2012-03-31_08-39-35_376.jpg

IMPRESSIVE! GREAT JOB! WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT! I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT I SURE AM PROUD FOR YOU!
  • tnorkus
    tnorkus Posts: 45
    Options
    What's up everyone?
    6' tall. Started almost 3 yrs ago at around 420.
    Currently at ~270 on my way to 225.
  • tdj819
    Options
    5'9 was 246lbs now 209lbs, 14 lbs to go, run a lot 130 plus miles last month. Feel for the women, they seem to have a harder time.

We have so much against us, HORMONES BEING THE MAIN EVIL *****!
  • bjc101
    bjc101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5' 11", started at 230lbs, down to 202LBS last weigh in. Struggling to break to 200 line. Heading for 170lbs eventually, hopefully by my 52nd birthday in July.
    After reading Ed Davenports story above, I'm inspired. Ed, you ought to write a book and go on TV and tell all the whiners who just can't do it, to shut up and get at it!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Well I joined in Jan but I went to doctor in November and was 302 lbs. I got sick around Christmas and been figuring out that I really need to get healthier. I am kind of a tall guy at 6 ft 4 inchs.
    Since last week I took measurements and weight.

Well today I have bad and good news. My weight has went up 1.5 lbs. :-( I have lost another inch on my stomach, .5 inch arms, .5 inch on chest, and hips are down .5 inch. :-) It seems I have gained another inch on each leg though. Maybe I am working out the legs harder then I think.

So don't give up if scale is not in your favor. Take measurments and keep on counting.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hey OP and all others:

Started this in January 2012 sometime about the second week at 344. Currently at 299. Seems for me that every one of the 10 lbs markers 340, 30, 20 etc are all little hurdles where you drop through then back up and back down through. Anyone else seeing the same? Almost like you have to bust through them. The "century" point (300 right now) seem a little harder to bust through but it will happen!

Yes - female dominated but they are great support too. Keep with it and good luck to all. Good success stories and pics on here so far. Couple pretty amazing transformations (Cheddle - nice change in the before to after!). Others also.
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started at 290 and now I am down to 250. Started MFP at 280 and I am 6' 1". MFP has made a tremendous difference for me in keeping track of what I eat and my exercise. The logging helps keep me in good practices.
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    6'4... Started at 330, down to 250 and counting!

My blog:

http://330andfalling.com
  • joshiesdad
    Options
    I am 5 11 started at 353 now at 238.00.

beforeandafter.jpg
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    5' 9
    Started at 315
    Down to 275

Shooting for 200.
  • niknak30
    niknak30 Posts: 58
    Options
    I find men really motivating! I think because they don't go on with all the crap that we women do !

You don't need oestrogen to be noticed boys!!
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    5'10" Started at 275 down to 255. Hope to be down to 200 by the end of the year!

I've always made a joke out of my weight, but that joke is getting old.
  • cheesenbrats
    Options
    I am a big boy..6'4 with a starting weight of 380 pounds. I have been using this site for a few months now and have dropped 26 pounds. My goal is to lose a total of 140 pounds and then figure out where to go from there.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    47 year old male here. 6'1" and 255lbs when I started the site on 1/29. I'm now down to 225.

My goal weight is 185 so I'm almost to the half way point. I have finally lowered my BMI to 29.7 so I'm no longer obese. I've been watching what I eat closely and doing a combination of strenght training and cardio.
  • cdcro
    cdcro Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'10 started at 277 in September 11, 217 as of now. Once I hit 195 I'm going to bulk/cut cycle between 195 and 210. That's the plan at least. Came out of boot camp in 1997 at 168, but I never want to be that small again.
  • Stewben
    Stewben Posts: 2
    Options
    Im 5'10, and started at 280, joined MFP about 274, now Im down to 216. I started my journey the day after thanksgiving! lol My goal started at 210, but now Im thinking of getting down to 200.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!