Big Men

Options

Replies

• grkfire
    grkfire Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What's up guys,

I too was near 300 lbs & have shed 50lb! Still have a ways for my goal weight, but I'm getting there!

I'll link my story here too, decided to finally put myself out there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/681521-male-6-4-34-50lbs-lost-progress-pix
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    When it comes to being a "big man" - I think I definitely take the cake (or at least try to run away with a slice or two).

6'3", 356 lbs currently (started at 380)
    14EEE shoes - I go into shoe stores, ask "do you have 14 wides that AREN'T basketball shoes?", and usually walk right back out.
    21.5" neck, 52" waist, 58" chest, 30" thighs, 21" calves, and 19" arms

And here's the kicker - 24% bodyfat. I'm permanently stuck in 300-land unless I want to lose muscle mass, and that ain't happening. I've got throwing competitions to win. So my goal is about 325 or 330, 315 at the lowest.

About 15 lbs off already, but still a little overpadded:
    IMG_0985.jpg

A month ago (the most recent I have):
    IMG_1017-001.jpg

My goal is to get back to this or better (this was about 340 lbs, but at a higher bodyfat%):
    100_2225.jpg
  • BajaGTO
    BajaGTO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll check in. I started in December of 2011 at around 310#. My current weight is 238. My GW is 225. I seemed to have plateaued recently, but I think it's mostly due to the busy summer schedule and not eating as well as I could.

Before:

Phishbefore2.jpg

Pretty recent

meandJT2.jpg
  • taziwac
    taziwac Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Started MFP last month at 302 or so. I was 320 back in April, but I know that wasn't my heaviest. I haven't really set a goal weight yet, just hope to consistently continue to slim down. This is the first time I've really tried to do anything to address my weight issues and so far the progress has been steady.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for support. I'm won't comment on your logs every night or, "at-a-boy" you every time you go for a walk, but I'll be pulling for you all the same.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Don't have any answers for you but can provide motivation and support.

6"1' / Started at 274 / Down about 10 lbs so far.

Add me as a friend if you want. I can not have too many...
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I KNOW I tell my husband but he will not record anything. He is 6ft 5in 340 but he will just not use the site. But he does workout with me and is watching what he eats. Good for you though do not let the lack of men keep you from visiting and recording your food. I know my husband drinks a lot of calories by stopping at 7-11 but he is working on changing to the crystal lite now ofered there.

Good Luck
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    5 ft 11 I was around 260 to 280 now I maintain around 175-185.
  • JimmyMcCrary
    Options
    My new name is Slim Jim, but I'm a big guy in transition. I started at 330 (May 23, 2012) per my last weigh in I was 299, so i'm making progress. I'm 6'0 even.... There are a ton of guys on here who've lost major weight as you can see from the response... LoL!
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    I have been on MFP since Feb. 2012 and have lost 46 lbs. I started at 260 lbs at 5'11" and was steam rolling my way to 300. I finally said this is enough. I started first by logging everything and noticed I was drinking 2000 calories or more a day in Coke alone. So i made some needed changes and am now consuming less than 1900 calories a day and working out 4 to 5 times a week buring 3000-4000 calories a week. My pants size went from a 40 to a 32-34 and shirts from a 3X to a 1X. I also ran my first 5k and did it in 32 minutes. My goal weight is 190 and I am at 214 right now. It is doable. Just don't treat it as a diet because it is not it is a lifestyle change and it takes time for your ind and body to adjust. Keep pushing forward and you will see results.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

Right?! I thought this was a thread about liking larger men. Damnit. Plenty of eye candy here though :drinker:

I know, I was just getting ready to throw a few friend invites out to some of these guys. LOL HubbaHubba! :love: :bigsmile:
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    6'2"
    Start 330
    Current 276
    Goal 210 (Maybe less, se how I look at 210)
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well! I thought it was all about the big sexy guys too! :) Sorry about the estrogen sea.. You all look GREAT!!!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Started at 6'0" - 325. Down to 219... Yes there's a few of us kicking around.

I'm in more of a maintenance phase now. But if you do the work, the weight will take care of itself.
  • jazzguy4him
    Options
    Right here fella...

Starting weight: 343

Current weight: 229

Amount lost to date: 113

My plan was simple... Boots to *kitten* all day & all night.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya'll :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Yepp...I`m only a short 5ft 10...But gone from 260lbs down to 180..
  • jazzguy4him
    Options
    And I'm 6'2 by the way...
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    what up....6'3 218, was 246 got down to 210 then put on 8 pounds of muscle
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Here you go.

Started at 6'2" and 275 lbs.

Now still 6'2" but 224 lbs.

Add if you are inclined.
  • kuntkick
    kuntkick Posts: 4
    Options
    Im just starting this im 5'8 and weigh 173 im not to big but i need to drop a few pounds
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!