Big Men

Options

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Oh yea I cut out all fast food well maybe a few Fries here and there and by a few i mean a few not a few handfuls a few fries I might have like 4 fries when I get them for my kids. Cut out all empty calorie drinks (pop, lemonade, what ever else) I do still drink some diet pop and a energy drink every now and then lo carb version. But mostly just tea and water. Cut out all processed foods I do not eat alot of meat anymore I just dont not becouse im vegatarion I have a hamburger everynow and then and or steak I do love a good steak. My downfalls are Ice Cream and Variatons of Chocolate anything cookies. I just dont buy them very often. I also traded my egg mc muffin combo meal in for Steel cut oats 2 servings and 1 serving of fat free greek yogurt. Oh yea and I move alot I am fortunate I work maintaince at a facility so I can get a nice workout in just walking around from job to job. Even get some pushups and situps in.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Oh yea I cut out all fast food well maybe a few Fries here and there and by a few i mean a few not a few handfuls a few fries I might have like 4 fries when I get them for my kids. Cut out all empty calorie drinks (pop, lemonade, what ever else) I do still drink some diet pop and a energy drink every now and then lo carb version. But mostly just tea and water. Cut out all processed foods I do not eat alot of meat anymore I just dont not becouse im vegatarion I have a hamburger everynow and then and or steak I do love a good steak. My downfalls are Ice Cream and Variatons of Chocolate anything cookies. I just dont buy them very often. I also traded my egg mc muffin combo meal in for Steel cut oats 2 servings and 1 serving of fat free greek yogurt. Oh yea and I move alot I am fortunate I work maintaince at a facility so I can get a nice workout in just walking around from job to job. Even get some pushups and situps in.

Similar here

No milk, no cheese, no sugar
    Very little bread, if I have it it is for a burger bun or a wrap, have not had a sandwich for 4 months.

These two things alone have dropped about 700 calories A DAY from my diet.

All soft drinks are now Diet or no added sugar and so have gone from around 200 calories a serving to 1 per serving.

Very few cakes, chocolate, cream, biscuits etc, but still allow myself them. They are not off limits.

Lots of chicken, veg and fruit. ANd I mean LOTS.

And thats it. Works for me.
  • dunkah
    dunkah Posts: 9
    Options
    6'7" here.

I hit 440 in June 2010, got committed to making a change. Cut out things like soda, fast food. Have done some low carb, but mostly just watching calories and being more active.

I'm down to 353 with a long ways to go, but I know it's doable!
  • PDLUCKY
    PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" and my heaviest weight I saw on the scale was 297 but I am sure I was over that. I got down to 265 and then had knee surgery and in January I was back at 270. As of last Saturday I weighed 198 which is up 1 pound from a couple weeks ago but thats alright I am not were I want to be but I am getting there. Due to my arthritis my only form of cardio is coming from swimming. Here is my comparison pic.

WhiteTside.jpg
  • BigWin20
    BigWin20 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    6'1", SW: 280, CW: 225, GW: 205? Keep on truckin guys! It's taken a year and a half for me to lose 55 pounds, I slipped up and went off course a few times in that time, but always got back on track and I can now see my end goal finally in sight!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Excellent work guys! Inspiring!
  • doogie52
    doogie52 Posts: 53
    Options
    Just getting started...6'1" now 230...looking to get to 190....
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You guys are all amazing to me! Keep up the good work gentlemen and best wishes on your fitness journeys!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Present!

6'3, starting weight 278, current weight 253.
  • hostage46
    hostage46 Posts: 5
    Options
    I dropped about 80 lbs a few years ago on Medifast.... here we go again.. 280 to 200, go time
  • nickmast78
    nickmast78 Posts: 65
    Options
    6ft

SW- 276
    CW-233
    GW-between 200-210
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    6'2 down 141 Lbs @ 279 from 420lbs in 13 months. I want to get down to 250 in the next 3 months
  • dg5155
    dg5155 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job big fellas. I'm in it too. Been a big man for quite some time now. About to turn 49 and it's not going to get any easier. I know I need to get down to a manageable and healthy weight. It's been a struggle to make the "life changes" that are necessary. I've found that a gradual ramp-up process works best for me. The more drastic the change, in diet or exercise, seems to promote a higher likelyhood of failure. Highest weight was 347. Down to 325 now and it's coming off the way I want it to... about a pound or two a week. Good luck to all of you. Keep up the hard work. This ain't easy... we all know.
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm a big dude, too! LOL! I'm 6'6" and started at 305... Currently I'm at 256, and inching to that 230/240 area!
  • ryanumuc
    ryanumuc Posts: 4
    Options
    6'2 started just over 300 since joining this sight 293 one week in down to 286, 56 more lbs to go for first goal.
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    photo.jpg

First Pic: 305lbs - Second Pic: 256 lbs
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    BUMP
    YUMYUM!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Holy hotness....this thread is amazing!
  • turbodog14
    turbodog14 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Former Fat Guy reporting in!

Went from 367 down to 220 here. Keep at it.. you'll get there eventually; you just gotta keep going. My wife reminds me that it took 20 years to put on the weight; so take my time and do it right and it will fall right off.

I've been blogging about my experiences since I started last October: http://www.aricandmichelle.com Stop in and say hi :)
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about a thread like this for a while...

I'm 6"1' currently sitting at 118kg and my first target is to get to 98kg and we'll see how we go from there. Would love to hear how you guys did it for motivation (workout routines, diet etc) and do it myself!

Great stuff lads!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!