Options
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg

Mate, fantastic work! How on earth did you do that? And how did you tone up so well???
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Not a big guy... nor tall... just trying to reverse a weight gain trend (2-4lbs packed on each and every year... and not of muscle.).

My goodness though, some of the guys here have amazing transformations!
  • This thread is amazing! I'll be going through these stories for sure. Great job to everyone who went BEASTMODE!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Bunch of GOOD LOOKING men in here!!! <3 it. Great job, guys!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    6-4, starting weight 376 lbs. right now 288 lbs. Had a gastric bypass on 4/9/12 after way too many years of yo-yoing. couldnt get the demon under control that made me over eat. now i got a great tool to work with, and plan on doing the best i can with it. I have started the wii fit in six program. First real exercise I've done in quite a while. Looking at some of y'alls pic I'm way impressed and super encouraged. Feel free to friend me, and occassionally kick me in th butt when I need it!
  • justincortes1
    Options
    6'0 started at 550 now at 490 since march
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that there are many woman on this site not that it's a problem, because generally it's harder for a woman to loose compared to a man, BUT for motivation sake WHERE are the men and their success stories as I am a 6'3 BIG MAN looking to stay motivated and get in shape.

yup there are a boatload of women on here lol mostly I think because
    1) women dont mind asking for help
    2) we are more concerned with weight (men can get away with carrying a lil more)
    3) we like the social aspect
    4) and if most guys are anything like my fiancee .....dieting/tracking foods and exercise is just too much hassle lol

PS women can give you motivation too -dont be sexist :):) good luck on your adventure- keep in mind you can do whatever you put your mind to- have faith in yourself!! :)
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Hey guys!!

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE if my husband would be interested in joining MFP. What motivated you to do so? I have talked to him about all the amazing benefits that I have discovered and the wonderful support from MFPs. He has struggled with his weight for as long as I have known him (1990) and he hops on Atkins for the quick losses but then always finds himself back in the same spot. If you have any suggestions to what might help him find the interest please let me know.

Thanks
  • aionsnow
    aionsnow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Started 298 lbs
    Current 223lbs
    Height 6'3"
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's partially accountability. If you can stick to tracking and you have to look at what you are doing to yourself it becomes REAL. There are no tricks you can play with your mind to justify it. It's all right there in front of you in black and white. Having some good friends on here to comment/encourage you is also helpful, makes you feel accountable to them also. Plus, there are a lot of people here who've been around the block and can give real advice.
    Hey guys!!

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE if my husband would be interested in joining MFP. What motivated you to do so? I have talked to him about all the amazing benefits that I have discovered and the wonderful support from MFPs. He has struggled with his weight for as long as I have known him (1990) and he hops on Atkins for the quick losses but then always finds himself back in the same spot. If you have any suggestions to what might help him find the interest please let me know.

Thanks
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hehe Like the other girls the title got me too :blushing:

Big men are awesome!! :love:

Way to go guys!

-Tammi
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3 and started at 360lbs about a month and a half ago. After tomorrow's weigh in I should be down 40lbs total.

I had started at the same weight about 5 years ago and lost 110lbs and got down to 250lbs but after suffering set-backs over the last 4 years, I slowly gained all of the weight back.

I've been doing a lot of running lately and eating much healthier.

I've ran 5 5k's on the treadmill in the last 2 weeks.

I find it important to set small and large goals and to push yourself and hold yourself accountable.
  • ImaFitMormon
    ImaFitMormon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There are a TON of dudes on here.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm more than a tenth of a ton all by myself!
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    Just started on here but I am 6' and starting weight of 312. 3 weeks and still going strong.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just starting out. I'm 5'8 and weigh 232. My goal is 185.
  • kcpsu18
    kcpsu18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite thread. Thank you for making my work day a little better.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.

I am 5'11" and started off at 436 pounds 18 months ago.

Now I'm 272 and 22 pounds from my first goal of 250 for a total of 164 pounds lost.

BIG GUYS UNITE!!!! Feel free to add me to your friends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!