Big Men

Options

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 1", started a year ago at 306. Current weight is 201.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    < 5'10" Starting weight 260, Goal weight 180. Not the biggest guy around but I'd like to think note worthy..

Almost twins. I'm 5'10", highest weight was 260 (even though I just started recently at 240), current weight 229, goal weight 174.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    6'3" and 575
    I am one fat SOB. Chronic pain, depression, addiction to food, aversion to exercise, medications that caused weight gain.......
    Going for weight loss surgery once I get down to 500. Cool to see some other bigger folks on here.
  • laplume06
    Options
    Hi guys !
    Only 6' 7", started 205 (in fact 210 before joining MFP), goal 172.
    And sorry for my english, I'm french :bigsmile:

6 feet 7 inches ou bien 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm)?

6'7" is two meters, and I doubt you'd say "Que deux metres"! Plus 172 seems awfully light for 6'7". I'm only 6'6" (que 198 cm) and my goal is 208.

In any case, bienvenu!

But..... Why I said 6' 7" ?????? It's 5' 8" (177cm) ! :drinker: :ohwell:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    *creeps in*
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started on here last year at 350lbs ish, (6'5") and managed to drop 40 lbs within 6 months, then I got lazy again and it kinda stopped happening.
    I've just found my motivation again and have dropped another 3lbs this week so I'm ready to resume :)
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Not here to gawp but to cheer!
    I have a few men friends who have been a great support & seem to have slightly different issues with weight loss than girls. I would like to say well done for being here & all the best success in your quest for health!
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm a man too. I weighed 406lbs but I only lost 14 so far, but oh well, a start.
    Hi RainHoward, best of luck to you.
    I don't know if it is easier for men, eithr way it is soooooo haaaaaard I think! I son't know if there are specific male and female weight loss issues. I think sometimes is hard for men to talk about weight problems, like we aren't supposed to care.
    Joselito xxx
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I registered about 2 weeks ago.
    I have always been "big-boned" and have mislaid weight all my 63 years - but just like a lost puppy it usually finds it way home - but after a pulmonary embolism in January and dislocating my (artificial) hip in March my visits to the gym had beome unproductve and infrequent (or vice versa).
    We went on holiday to Crete in July and the sight of those Russians with their guts overhanging their thongs (DON'T EVEN ASK ABOUT THE WOMEN!) made me resolve to do something about not looking like them.

I weighed in at 120 kilos!!!!! After 10 days I had lost 7 kilos and have now stuck.
    The tracker is the best ever.
    I am driving my wife nuts by insisting on weighing EVERYTHING - including me.

I used to be 5' 11 and a half (never did make 6ft) but after both hips and a knee replacement and collapsing lumbar vertebrae I am now only 5ft 9in - not only does arthritis hurt - but it increases BMI. Life is a four-letter word, huh?. - and ageist

Well, that's me. Good luck and best wishes - and, HEllo, by the way
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I started at 340 and I'm currently down to 312 and loving it! I'm really enjoying the transformation my body is undergoing and loving the self-confidence it has inspired in me.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    *creeps in*

No need to creep sweety
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Starting a couple of months ago. I lost 40 pounds in 4 months. Then I got lazy, but maintained my weight and lost 10 more pounds the last month. SUPS
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 6'3" and was down to 370 when I started this site. Am 333 now and still heading down.
  • BlkGoddezz
    BlkGoddezz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The title of the post made me think that it was for women who think big men are beautiful; I think the women here all agree that there is some eyecandy on the page.

P.S. It is an estrogen zone possibly because some men, just like others here, feel the page is to girliefied. Lets loose the lbs together.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
    skimming thru here, I see many inspirational posts!

I love "tall drinks of water"... :flowerforyou:
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    6' 2" here, just about to finish my first week on MFP and started at 267.

It is good to be hanging out with bigger guys who all want to lose weight as well.
    Some of the success stories are amazing.

Happy to add anyone who wants to........ I reckon I'm going to need the encouragement as we keep on down this road.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Started at 500+ lbs, now working my way past 330. Here is a link to my story so far:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/StarkLark/view/how-did-you-stay-motivated-to-lose-all-that-weight-285296
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    5'10", started in February 2012 at 242. I'm currently at 219 on my way to 190. Good luck and drive on!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10 1/2" and was over 315........i am now 285 and still working on it.

You are welcome to add me if you like. It's a long journey filled with hills and plateaus, but I am comitted to being healthier and less heavy!
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    6 feet even, and I started at tree-fitty about 2 1/2 years ago. I have some more work to do - I'd like to see a 1-something on the scale and see what that looks like. For a person over 13 or so anyway, which is about how old I was the last time I was under 200...

If you want to know, I have all kinds of info about the journey so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!