Big Men

Options

Replies

• patrox247
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and was 320 lbs when I started My Fitness Pal in December of 2011. I have lost 128 lbs over the last 10 months and weighed in at 192 lbs as of yesterday morning. I am going to go all the way down to my High School weight of 170 lbs to see if that is too crazy skinny and if so then I will put some weight back on. I am trying to get motivated enough to start working out so encouragement would be awesome.
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    EYE CANDY ALERT!!!
    35eo8b_zps7f1ec110.jpg
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    hahaha, Swati...

The only success I can share is that as a Type 2 diabetic I have been able to get off my insulin by sticking to 1700 calories per day and moderate exercise, about 30 minutes, 3x per week. I'm trying to get to 180 lbs and still have quite a way to go but I know I'll get there...
  • cqueenbee12
    cqueenbee12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lol! To all of us women who misunderstood the title. He said BIG men so of course I checked it out too. He wanted success stories though so I will say my fiance lost over a hundred pounds and it takes time and hard work to get that way. I myself am the slacker so that's why we came back to MFP. I do love the calorie counter though bc it helps you stay on track with what you're eating. Once you see how many calories are actually in the junk foods we eat you get to second guessing the foods.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    hahaha, Swati...

The only success I can share is that as a Type 2 diabetic I have been able to get off my insulin by sticking to 1700 calories per day and moderate exercise, about 30 minutes, 3x per week. I'm trying to get to 180 lbs and still have quite a way to go but I know I'll get there...

you totally forgot to mention the yummylicious yet healthy food you make :smile:
  • jwb330
    jwb330 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 6'3" and started MFP for the second time on January 1st, 2013 at 340lbs. For the first few days I just focused on tracking calories and staying below my recommended calories. Also I have tried to make an effort to be more productive at home. Instead of coming home and sitting in front of the TV I try to stay active marking things off the chore or to-do-list until bed time. This weekend I am going to start incorporating exercise both cardio and strength training. My goal weight right now is 250lbs and then will see how I feel and look at that point. Also I want to join a co-ed soccer league this spring and I know I can't do it at this weight and fitness level. Thank you for starting a thread for Big Men to share the experiences with each other. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me if you want. I am going to need all the help I can get.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Some great stories in here. I'm a (soon to be former) big guy. I've lost over 80lbs and feel like a new person. Still have a long way to go but wow does it feel good.
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, 6'4" 299 here, great stories here! I hope we all acomplish our goals this year, its up to US, the formula is simple, eat - move+
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6', 228 and on this site. He does tai chi an hour or more a day (he's an instructor). But he never posts on the forums.

He just got a new iphone so he can track more successfully. He's lost 22 pounds, but his weight bounces up and down 20 pounds on a whim. He seems commited now and has lost 5 pounds in the last week. His goal is 185 - what it was when our oldest son was born. I am now lower than my weight then!
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    Im 6ft and i was 420lbs and i am currently around the 210lbs mark. I did this in only 45 weeks heres a pic. And im looking for new friends on here to give me more motivation and new training methods.

Cheers,

Craig.

transform7smaller.jpg
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Finally a post for all the big guys! Count me in! 6'2" and working on being trim and fit.
  • willster01
    willster01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this topic... I'm 6' 2" and started MFP at the end of November 2011. When I started my weight was 240 and as of today's weigh in, and I'm 218!
  • IAmAOneManArmy
    IAmAOneManArmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Big dude right here 6'3 as well and definitely working on it.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on height, but I was big around. I started at 5'7 376lbs, now after 15 months am down to 184 lbs.

very awesome!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 6ft5 here. For my progress so far see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/838870-progress-shots-may-2012-to-dec-2012

I started at 295lbs several years ago and now down to 206lbs. Feel free to add me. :)
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Im 6ft and i was 420lbs and i am currently around the 210lbs mark. I did this in only 45 weeks heres a pic. And im looking for new friends on here to give me more motivation and new training methods.

Cheers,

Craig.

transform7smaller.jpg

Great job!!!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    6'11", progress is in the pics. and the ticker
  • cjweaver
    Options
    Just started on first of the year. 5"11, 280 lbs...Shooting for 180....Tried them all and this seems like not only the cheapest, but the best for logging calories etc....Good Luck to all big and tall fellas.
  • IAmAOneManArmy
    IAmAOneManArmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definitely good too see a lot of dudes losing...very motivational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!