Big Men

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've lost 47 lbs since Nov 2012. After years of trying and saying I will do it I finally am. Be proud of yourself for every pound lost as each pound less is an achievement.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    started out at 296lbs on Aug 27. Just started C25K and looking forward to doing a 5K in June.
  • bpmichael
    bpmichael Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started in November 2012 at 293
    Currently around 283 and really getting into this.
  • attendant
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm new(ish) to MFP and I'm hoping to get down to around where I was pre-marriage/kids (about 200). I'm 6'7 and 252lbs. I'm not a success story, but seeing how well it's worked for everyone else I know I can get there.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I started out at around 250 last year. I reached my goal of 220 and then dropped some more because, well because I needed to drop more than I thought. I've been around 210 since last August and I'm sticking with that weight for now. This really works if you log your food and are accurate about what you eat and what you burn in calories during exercise.

As guys we have a much easier time losing weight than women do. This seems to be true for the most part. Biggest piece of advice I can give you is to pre-log your meals. Plan as much of your day out ahead of time and log your food BEFORE you eat it. It helps to know that those cookies are 75 calories each before you have 5 of them.
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Here's how my journey has been:

Height: 6'5"

Weight as of 06/01/12: 285 lbs.
    Weight as of 01/23/13: 215 lbs
    Difference: -70 lbs.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5'10 and started at 301 In Jan of 2012 I'm now 268
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    6'1" started 1/23/12 at 320
    today 207, been as low as 204.
    Did C25K, enjoyed it, and will be doing my first 5K the first weekend of March.
    Good luck man. Stay consistant.
  • Mikerails
    Mikerails Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 6'4" and started at 280 in June 2011. I have basically been heavy ever since college (30+ years) and had forgotten what it was like to be near a "normal" weight. By using this site and consitantly logging my food I was able to lose 80lbs over the next 12 months. Since then I have been in maintenance mode and working to add a little more muscle where the fat used to be.

No doubt this site can work wonders. Log everything, don't lie to yourself, and you should be fine. For me the information on the site made me better informed about my food choices and the resulting calories. By logging everything I became educated on where my calories were going and could then make smarter choices going forward.

You will find lots of good (and bad) information on this site, and lots of opinions. Take them all in and form your own on what is important to you. For example, eating back excercise calories. Seems like it comes up daily. For me, I exercise a lot (6 times a week) and usually only eat back part of my exercise calories. That worked for me. As you come across topics like this read all the different opinions, do your own research, then do what works for you. There is no magic answer that works for everyone.

Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!