Just found out bf doesn't like (super) skinny girls?

Options

Replies

• lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    truth... my husband is commenting that i am getting too skinny (not in my opinion as i am really not 'skinny')...but he likes women on the curvier side. he prefers me with 'a little weight'...but i prefer me, with some muscle tone and without the 'weight'.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

Oh honey...

He only said it to calm your insecurities. Guys (the ones with brains) aren't really out there going "I like her because she has curves, I don't like her because she's too skinny." There are a myriad of reasons to be interested in a woman and body shape is just one very small one.

Do yourself a favor and work on loving yourself a bit more. I don't mean to sound rude, but you sound very insecure. You were worried about the fact that he worked with an attractive woman and then when he tried to reassure you you became worried he'd no longer be attracted to you in the future.

Relax. Breathe. He's with you. Probably because of all the wonderful things you have going on. Learn to love yourself for them. There's more to you than your hips.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between being lean and skinny. Check this out:

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Dem curves are a good thing. And as cellokitty said, lean and skinny are definitely two different things.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I agree with your boyfriend. I've dated a few ironing boards, and not so attractive. A woman ought to have curves! A guy ought to have bigger shoulders and chest than his waist. It goes both ways! :smile:

pretty ignorant comment considering whether you have curves or not is determined by genetics and there's nothing you can do about it, and there's a big difference between YOUR personal tastes and "A woman OUGHT to have". Who are you to say a woman OUGHT to have anything?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    I completely agree with your Boyfriend, super skinny girls are not attractive, as pretty as the may seem to be, you want your gf to look healthy

what if they're skinny and healthy? You can be naturally skinny yknow.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    don't even start with the "skinny" bashing. Thin or "skinny" women CAN have curves, boobs and a butt!

Just as some fat girls (like me!) don't have boobs even when they're over 200lb!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Tone is good, but just don't lose the best parts of you that make you a woman.

Being a woman makes you a woman, not your body shape.

What's with the skinny bashing on here? jesus.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    I completely agree with your Boyfriend, super skinny girls are not attractive, as pretty as the may seem to be, you want your gf to look healthy

i am with this guy.. skinny girls are just... gross?

Oh more offensive body shaming, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    We can appreciate the beauty of curvy women without diminishing the beauty of women who weren't fortunate enough to have been born with larger breasts and backsides. It's not the thin girls fault that she isn't shaped like jlo anymore than its the curvier girls fault for not looking like Victoria beckham.

This.
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I gotta agree with the bf ... skinny doesn't do it for me. I know a lot of women see these seriously thin women and think they have to look like that to be beautiful. Where did they get this from? I think there's this small army of loser men who made up that skinny is hot just to bring some women down a peg or two so they'd consider being with them. If tha's the guy you know, ladies (in general), you need to walk away and find a real man who just wants his woman to be happy and healthy. Glad your bf agrees ;-)

I like a butt and some hips ... to be a bit crude, if I'm being intimate, I need to be able to smack an a** and have it talk back to me ;-) I don't want a woman I feel like I can hurt in bed because she's so fraile.

Congratulations on your 15 lbs.! Tone is good, but just don't lose the best parts of you that make you a woman.

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options
    I dated one skinny dude and the moment I saw him naked it was over for me. Skinny is not hot, its not healthy, and it's not comfy. Fit, toned, and shaped is toatlly HOT! It took me dating a skinny guy to realize that men were telling the truth when they said that skinny woman are not attractive. I always thought they were just being nice... but now... now I get it. Boney is gross!

Nothing is hotter than muscles and hard healthy work!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't blame him hun. I am a girl, and straight, but I don't find skinny girls attractive at all. I like a bit of meat.

For e.g - this just looks un-cuddly, unhealthy & unsexy to me. And just .. childish.
    tumblr_m2gum5FHjt1rtu4eeo1_400.jpg

Compared to this; this is womanly and healthy to me :)
    tumblr_m1xtj7MGOZ1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg

As is this

tumblr_m2gdcoi14h1r42n1ro1_500.jpg
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    I dated one skinny dude and the moment I saw him naked it was over for me.

That seems a little shallow :flowerforyou:
    I'm sure if a man said the same thing about a fat woman there would be uproar.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    I don't blame him hun. I am a girl, and straight, but I don't find skinny girls attractive at all. I like a bit of meat.

For e.g - tumblr_m2gum5FHjt1rtu4eeo1_400.jpg << this just looks un-cuddly, unhealthy and unsexy to me.

Compared to this >> tumblr_m1xtj7MGOZ1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg this is comforting and cuddly to me :)

As does this tumblr_m2gdcoi14h1r42n1ro1_500.jpg

I see two women who've had professional photos taken and probably edited, compared to a real girl taking a photo on her phone.

Also, you've taken a real, normal girls photo randomly off the internet and insulted it based on your personal tastes.

Personally I think they all look beautiful, I'd kill to have girl number ones body even if it's not perfect.
    And she didn't look unhealthy to me, I could see fat on her, she is probably naturally skinny and you've just shamed her for her natural body.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

For e.g - tumblr_m2gum5FHjt1rtu4eeo1_400.jpg << this just looks un-cuddly, unhealthy and unsexy to me.

Compared to this >> tumblr_m1xtj7MGOZ1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg this is comforting and cuddly to me :)

As does this tumblr_m2gdcoi14h1r42n1ro1_500.jpg

I see two women who've had professional photos taken and probably edited, compared to a real girl taking a photo on her phone.

Also, you've taken a real, normal girls photo randomly off the internet and insulted it based on your personal tastes.

Personally I think they all look beautiful, I'd kill to have girl number ones body even if it's not perfect.
    And she didn't look unhealthy to me, I could see fat on her, she is probably naturally skinny and you've just shamed her for her natural body.

That's fine. I can also share pictures of real life curvy girls without editing.

And sorry if you feel that way, but I think she looks unhealthy. Because I think skinny looks unhealthy, just like I think fat looks unhealthy. It's my opinion, and I'm owning it. I'm not saying it's gospel, hun.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long....2 of my closes friends see a nutritionist to put on weight..they are the iron board, no boobs no bum girls...and they both admit time again how much easier it is for them..they can throw any old clothes item on and it will look good, when we were younger one of them got hit on all the time because she was tall and skinny (not the prettiest of our friends but the skinniest) and they only occasionally feel like people are looking at them negatively because of their skinny body...it is not the same and I really hate it when the skinnt ones do the poor me thing... (rant over)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long....2 of my closes friends see a nutritionist to put on weight..they are the iron board, no boobs no bum girls...and they both admit time again how much easier it is for them..they can throw any old clothes item on and it will look good, when we were younger one of them got hit on all the time because she was tall and skinny (not the prettiest of our friends but the skinniest) and they only occasionally feel like people are looking at them negatively because of their skinny body...it is not the same and I really hate it when the skinnt ones do the poor me thing... (rant over)

You're like the kid that gets bullied at home so they take it out on a kid at school.
    It's not skinny girls fault that we get bullied for being fat,it's societies.
    Bashing women for being skinny is just as bad as bashing them for being fat - especially when people bash skinny girls to make them feel better about their own rolls and tires of fat.

Making girls ashamed to be skinny won't make you proud to be fat.
    If you want true freedom to be happy with your body pressure the media to show girls of all shapes and sizes, rather than trying to turn the tables by turning skinny girls into the unattractive ones in an attempt to make people forget that fat is ugly.
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options

Then I guess I am pretty shallow... Skinny is not attarctive and neither is fat. HEALTHY is though... there is a GIANT differnce.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Then I guess I am pretty shallow... Skinny is not attarctive and neither is fat. HEALTHY is though... there is a GIANT differnce.

But there's a difference between your personal preference and idea of what is attractive, and going EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THAT'S DISGUSTING as so many have said on this thread. Many people do find fat attractive, many find skinny attractive, most find healthy attractive.

But bashing skinny girls for being skinny is wrong, just as it is to slag of girls for being fat. Sure it's fine to say that it isn't healthy, but it isn't anyone's place to tell girls how they should or should not look based on what you think is hot. Slagging someone off for their body doesn't inspire them to change it, as many of us that have been bullied for being overweight our whole lives have experienced.

It's insulting to ALL women to body bash, as it suggests that we have little worth beyond our bodies.

And you forget that there is a big difference between a model that has starved herself under industry pressure, and many normal girls who are naturally skinny.