Just found out bf doesn't like (super) skinny girls?

Options

Replies

• hips2lose
    Options
    My fiance tells me the same thing everyday. I think it's adorable, and that he really only says it to make me feel better. I'm just glad that you are doing it for you, but that you recognize that his opinion has something to do with it as well. Good luck on your journey!!
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same was he'd perfer me a overwight. I told him how I was unhappy with how overweight I am and I an over it and intend to lose it. So far he is still happy with my weight. He told me that I have a great figure now that I have dropped the last 30 pounds and more recently, my last 10 or so... I went from 260ish to my current 217 ish in the last year.... Now I am using help to remove the rest of my weight, because I came to a stand still. But he is happy and says that he still loves my curves.

You BF is right, too skinny is not interesting at all. Fit with curves is sexy!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    interesting that you took my comment that I was skinny 'bashing' (i found a number of your replies to others comments interesting) - at this age of my life I am not a superficial person and I no longer care whether other people are skinny/fat/ugly/beautiful on the outside, but while I am generally very happy and thankful for the life I have, I admit my feelings toward my own body are insecure..hence the reason I use MFP to improve it ....my comment was meant to be the view that I did not think skinny people could compare the level of emotion generated around your personal feelings on your weight as that of someone who is overweight......kind of like someone earning $500,000 a year thinking they have it as hard as someone on $50,000 a year in the current GFC...
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    interesting that you took my comment that I was skinny 'bashing' (i found a number of your replies to others comments interesting) - at this age of my life I am not a superficial person and I no longer care whether other people are skinny/fat/ugly/beautiful on the outside, but while I am generally very happy and thankful for the life I have, I admit my feelings toward my own body are insecure..hence the reason I use MFP to improve it ....my comment was meant to be the view that I did not think skinny people could compare the level of emotion generated around your personal feelings on your weight as that of someone who is overweight......kind of like someone earning $500,000 a year thinking they have it as hard as someone on $50,000 a year in the current GFC...

I didn't really mean that you were skinny bashing, I took your comment to mean that you didn't think skinny bashing was as important as fat bashing, and I disagree. Fat bashing is more prevalent, but in a world where obesity is rising and threads like this are becoming more frequent, I believe it could become just as big a problem.

I really just meant that a lot of fat women use the excuse of being persecuted for being overweight as a means to justify skinny bashing, to feel better about themselves.
    But in reality body fascism of either kind is damaging to women as a whole, and instead of having these body type wars we should come together to pressure the industries into representing women of all body types.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    You BF is right, too skinny is not interesting at all. Fit with curves is sexy!

Curves are genetic, not to do with how fat/skinny you are
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long....2 of my closes friends see a nutritionist to put on weight..they are the iron board, no boobs no bum girls...and they both admit time again how much easier it is for them..they can throw any old clothes item on and it will look good, when we were younger one of them got hit on all the time because she was tall and skinny (not the prettiest of our friends but the skinniest) and they only occasionally feel like people are looking at them negatively because of their skinny body...it is not the same and I really hate it when the skinnt ones do the poor me thing... (rant over)

You're like the kid that gets bullied at home so they take it out on a kid at school.
    It's not skinny girls fault that we get bullied for being fat,it's societies.
    Bashing women for being skinny is just as bad as bashing them for being fat - especially when people bash skinny girls to make them feel better about their own rolls and tires of fat.

Making girls ashamed to be skinny won't make you proud to be fat.
    If you want true freedom to be happy with your body pressure the media to show girls of all shapes and sizes, rather than trying to turn the tables by turning skinny girls into the unattractive ones in an attempt to make people forget that fat is ugly.

You are a salty one, aren't you?

First, at 170ish pounds, you are not skinny. Why do you refer to yourself as skinny in this post?
    Second, I agree....people shouldn't use terms like "twig" and "stick" to comment on people's shapes. It's rude. However, saying that someone is skinny, and then saying that they don't find it attractive isn't offensive. It's their personal opinion.

You seem very bitter and angry. All you have done is pick apart other people's posts, basically doing the same thing that you are chastising them for. QUIT JUDGING THEM AND MOVE ON. The internet is this totally magical place, where if you don't like what people are posting, so much to the point to where you have to post NUMEROUS TIMES about NUMEROUS PEOPLE, then click on a different subject. Your comments have nothing to do with what the OP was asking. She asked if anyone else had experienced what she had. She was trying to connect, not have a stupid troll war.

As for the OP, yes...I have experienced that. My bf now loves curvier women. I'm still chunky, but have big plans to tone up. He told me the other day that he doesn't like women who look ripped. There was a little fear in his voice. lol I have no plans on being ripped, or even skinny. (Oh noes! I said the word skinny!) I love being thick....just not all blubbery like I was before. (I use the term "blubbery" in reference to my own body, not anyone else's.)

:)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I dated one skinny dude and the moment I saw him naked it was over for me.

That seems a little shallow :flowerforyou:
    I'm sure if a man said the same thing about a fat woman there would be uproar.

Then I guess I am pretty shallow... Skinny is not attarctive and neither is fat. HEALTHY is though... there is a GIANT differnce.

But there's a difference between your personal preference and idea of what is attractive, and going EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THAT'S DISGUSTING as so many have said on this thread. Many people do find fat attractive, many find skinny attractive, most find healthy attractive.

But bashing skinny girls for being skinny is wrong, just as it is to slag of girls for being fat. Sure it's fine to say that it isn't healthy, but it isn't anyone's place to tell girls how they should or should not look based on what you think is hot. Slagging someone off for their body doesn't inspire them to change it, as many of us that have been bullied for being overweight our whole lives have experienced.

It's insulting to ALL women to body bash, as it suggests that we have little worth beyond our bodies.

And you forget that there is a big difference between a model that has starved herself under industry pressure, and many normal girls who are naturally skinny.

I find it interesting that you refer only to women. Are men not included in your defence?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Then I guess I am pretty shallow... Skinny is not attarctive and neither is fat. HEALTHY is though... there is a GIANT differnce.

But there's a difference between your personal preference and idea of what is attractive, and going EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THAT'S DISGUSTING as so many have said on this thread. Many people do find fat attractive, many find skinny attractive, most find healthy attractive.

But bashing skinny girls for being skinny is wrong, just as it is to slag of girls for being fat. Sure it's fine to say that it isn't healthy, but it isn't anyone's place to tell girls how they should or should not look based on what you think is hot. Slagging someone off for their body doesn't inspire them to change it, as many of us that have been bullied for being overweight our whole lives have experienced.

It's insulting to ALL women to body bash, as it suggests that we have little worth beyond our bodies.

And you forget that there is a big difference between a model that has starved herself under industry pressure, and many normal girls who are naturally skinny.

I find it interesting that you refer only to women. Are men not included in your defence?

I agree that body bashing in men is also a troubling issue, but mens bodies are not judged as much by society (at least not in a negative way) the same way womens bodies are. Every little flaw in a female celebrity is picked apart and magnified and gone over a million times in the media, while men don't suffer the same degree of scrutiny, and this is carried over into "real life" as well.
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    OH MY WORD! do people on this wake up in the morning looking to argue????!! like seriously!!!!

Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder and theres a pot for every lid. If you are skinny, theres definately a man out there who loves his woman petite, and if you are heavier, same goes for you. you will never convince people to think other then what they think and people have the right to their opinion. So just agree to disagree and be happy with who you are. Dont allow yourself to get offended so easily. Confidence comes from within. You are born with your body shape and you are beautiful, own it. I think the most unwomanly trait is not being too skinny or too fat- its lacking confidence. You can be any size you like as long as you can own it! I love that we all come in different shapes and sizes as woman. Variety is the spice of life.
    Much love to all the woman out there of all different sizes and shapes. You are all beautiful.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long....2 of my closes friends see a nutritionist to put on weight..they are the iron board, no boobs no bum girls...and they both admit time again how much easier it is for them..they can throw any old clothes item on and it will look good, when we were younger one of them got hit on all the time because she was tall and skinny (not the prettiest of our friends but the skinniest) and they only occasionally feel like people are looking at them negatively because of their skinny body...it is not the same and I really hate it when the skinnt ones do the poor me thing... (rant over)

You're like the kid that gets bullied at home so they take it out on a kid at school.
    Bashing women for being skinny is just as bad as bashing them for being fat - especially when people bash skinny girls to make them feel better about their own rolls and tires of fat.

If you want true freedom to be happy with your body pressure the media to show girls of all shapes and sizes, rather than trying to turn the tables by turning skinny girls into the unattractive ones in an attempt to make people forget that fat is ugly.

First, at 170ish pounds, you are not skinny. Why do you refer to yourself as skinny in this post?
    Second, I agree....people shouldn't use terms like "twig" and "stick" to comment on people's shapes. It's rude. However, saying that someone is skinny, and then saying that they don't find it attractive isn't offensive. It's their personal opinion.

You seem very bitter and angry. All you have done is pick apart other people's posts, basically doing the same thing that you are chastising them for. QUIT JUDGING THEM AND MOVE ON. The internet is this totally magical place, where if you don't like what people are posting, so much to the point to where you have to post NUMEROUS TIMES about NUMEROUS PEOPLE, then click on a different subject. Your comments have nothing to do with what the OP was asking. She asked if anyone else had experienced what she had. She was trying to connect, not have a stupid troll war.

If you learned to read properly, you would not find one place where I called myself skinny. Also, I was not replying to the OP, I was replying to some of the more ignorant replies in this thread. I have also stated numerous times in this thread that there IS A DIFFERENCE between YOUR PERSONAL OPINION which you are entitled to, and BODY SHAMING, or telling women what they SHOULD look like, and making them feel bad if they cannot conform to this body type.

And no I am not bitter, I just feel that body fascism and body type bashing are serious issues, and will speak up against it where I come across it.
    I used to be into the whole "REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES, SKINNY WOMEN SUCK" thing until I realised that it's stupid, insulting, pointless considering curves are genetic, and more importantly damaging to women in general and society as a whole.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    OH MY WORD! do people on this wake up in the morning looking to argue????!! like seriously!!!!

Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder and theres a pot for every lid. If you are skinny, theres definately a man out there who loves his woman petite, and if you are heavier, same goes for you. you will never convince people to think other then what they think and people have the right to their opinion. So just agree to disagree and be happy with who you are. Dont allow yourself to get offended so easily. Confidence comes from within. You are born with your body shape and you are beautiful, own it. I think the most unwomanly trait is not being too skinny or too fat- its lacking confidence. You can be any size you like as long as you can own it! I love that we all come in different shapes and sizes as woman. Variety is the spice of life.
    Much love to all the woman out there of all different sizes and shapes. You are all beautiful.

Basically, this. I may have put it more "angrily" but I'm so sick of coming across these body bashing threads all the time (especially about skinny women and often muscular women on this website)
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options

If you learned to read properly, you would not find one place where I called myself skinny. Also, I was not replying to the OP, I was replying to some of the more ignorant replies in this thread. I have also stated numerous times in this thread that there IS A DIFFERENCE between YOUR PERSONAL OPINION which you are entitled to, and BODY SHAMING, or telling women what they SHOULD look like, and making them feel bad if they cannot conform to this body type.

And no I am not bitter, I just feel that body fascism and body type bashing are serious issues, and will speak up against it where I come across it.
    I used to be into the whole "REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES, SKINNY WOMEN SUCK" thing until I realised that it's stupid, insulting, pointless considering curves are genetic, and more importantly damaging to women in general and society as a whole.

Yes, I read something wrong. However, you proved my point about you being bitter by saying that I never learned to read properly. Really? That's pretty childish.

You'll find that your views are taken much more seriously if you stop bashing other people. That's all you've done. I'm not insulting you, or saying that you're some horrible wretch. I am merely pointing out that your posts are super negative, and are just mean. Lighten your tone, and your views might be taken to heart. Catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

I agree that body bashing in men is also a troubling issue, but mens bodies are not judged as much by society (at least not in a negative way) the same way womens bodies are. Every little flaw in a female celebrity is picked apart and magnified and gone over a million times in the media, while men don't suffer the same degree of scrutiny, and this is carried over into "real life" as well.

I think that's a matter of perception, really. Men's bodies ARE judged. Fair enough, a fat man in society appears to have it easier than a fat woman, but don't think men don't feel pressure to conform as well. There are many facets to men, including physical appearence, that are equally picked on.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

I think that's a matter of perception, really. Men's bodies ARE judged. Fair enough, a fat man in society appears to have it easier than a fat woman, but don't think men don't feel pressure to conform as well. There are many facets to men, including physical appearence, that are equally picked on.

I agree with that, men are pressured to conform, but it's not an ESSENTIAL as it seems to be for women
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Yes, I read something wrong. However, you proved my point about you being bitter by saying that I never learned to read properly. Really? That's pretty childish.

You'll find that your views are taken much more seriously if you stop bashing other people. That's all you've done. I'm not insulting you, or saying that you're some horrible wretch. I am merely pointing out that your posts are super negative, and are just mean. Lighten your tone, and your views might be taken to heart. Catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

There's quite a few things you seem to have misread in my comments. And really? Calling someone bitter because they care about a topic isn't childish?

I am not "super mean", at no point have I insulted anyone on this thread, I may be blunt, but I can't be bothered sugar coating it after the 11, 22233337th thread like this.

I've not "bashed" anyone, I've said that their comments can be harmful and insulting, of that's "bashing" then jesus, how are you not offended by their comments a million times more? Because that is actual bashing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You have a guy who loves YOU and thinks you're perfect. That's all that matters. My husband prefers curves, too, but he was still plenty attracted to me when my TMJ was really bad and I couldn't eat and lost a lot of weight. And plenty attracted to me when I gained weight, too. And plenty attracted to me in the middle. His personal preference for how I should look is "whatever size I feel comfortable getting naked as much as possible." :laugh:
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    no one likes skinny girls:P
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

I agree with that, men are pressured to conform, but it's not an ESSENTIAL as it seems to be for women

Hmm, I don't know, you know. I think it's a complicated sociological issue with no right or wrong answer, complete with lots of gray areas. I think it also depends on the person - some women feel pressure to conform, some don't. Some men do, some don't.

But remember one thing - men's magazines are just as focused on the 'perfect' body as women's.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i bet he said it in a way for you to not feel compelled to make such a drastic and possibly unhealthy change, just for him, and that he loves you no matter what you look like.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    my ex felt the way your boyfriend feels and I gained 40lbs in that relationship. Do what makes you feel sexy and he will love you for it. (on a side note, I have lost 30 of those lbs and I still hang out with my ex, he is very into my new body )